Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did they come off your own truck?
I had this happen twice in one trip! Spent the afternoon bombing around the backroads. When I got on the highway home, twice I had a stone come off my front Goodyear, out in FRONT of the Bronco, bounce up and hit the windshield!
Sasquatch?
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You all are terrifying me

Ok so who is going to make the Gorilla Glass replacement?
Gorilla glass makes them. They make the glass in Samsung phones
I have the hood deflector and works great but today was the day :/ . About 11,000 miles in and I have a cracked windshield . I Was quoted $1000 from safelite here in California . Yikes 😳.
Does your insurance help the burden of cost at all?
Did they come off your own truck?
I had this happen twice in one trip! Spent the afternoon bombing around the backroads. When I got on the highway home, twice I had a stone come off my front Goodyear, out in FRONT of the Bronco, bounce up and hit the windshield!
Can you share how you know this happened? Did you see the rock come out from your front tire, bounce, and hit your windshield? I'm trying to visualize this happening. I too wonder if this is more prevalent with the SAS tires

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, Corning makes Gorilla Glass for Samsung phones but who will make it for Bronco windshields?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You all are terrifying me

Does your insurance help the burden of cost at all?

Can you share how you know this happened? Did you see the rock come out from your front tire, bounce, and hit your windshield? I'm trying to visualize this happening. I too wonder if this is more prevalent with the SAS tires
Welp, driving down the highway with nobody in front of me...lol
It's my assumption it came outta the front tire. And naturally, I was like WTF 🤷

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m talking to my dealer about windshield coverage options and he’s looking into it. I imagine it costs close to the price of a new windshield but I can see it paying for itself if it’s a good policy/warranty. Anyone have experience with something like that?
I have yet to see an option that’s better than getting windshield coverage as part of your auto insurance. I know state laws may impact it, and individual coverages vary, but I have a zero deductible windshield repair that covers rock chip repair all the way through full replacement.

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a decent looking deflector for the hood that is specific to the Bronco? thanks!

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a decent looking deflector for the hood that is specific to the Bronco? thanks!
You don't like the Ford model then....I suppose '..a decent looking deflector' is a matter of opinion. I like my OEM model.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Corning lol
Why do you keep repeating my questions in your answers? Lol

Do you know for a fact they are going to make one or are you just an echo?

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why do you keep repeating my questions in your answers? Lol

Do you know for a fact they are going to make one or are you just an echo?
Lol I don't know for a fact. I wish it were a confirmed thing. But I'm just trying to clarify that only Corning makes Gorilla Glass. It's their patented process. So nobody else will make a Gorilla Glass for the Bronco, other than Corning

I'd tempted to reach out to them to see if it's in their roadmap

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got my Bronco last Tuesday. I had to take a road trip for work yesterday. I wasn't on the interstate more than an hour when a rock bounced off my windshield leaving a small chip. On my way back from the meeting another rock bounced off my windshield, but this one left an 8" crack! I've got a claim in with Safelite, but have been told glass is on back order. I waited 493 days to get the Bronco, wonder how long it will be to get a new windshield? Has this happened to anyone else or just my bad luck? Not sure that I'll ever take it back on an interstate now...
1st world problems... ;)

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol I don't know for a fact. I wish it were a confirmed thing. But I'm just trying to clarify that only Corning makes Gorilla Glass. It's their patented process. So nobody else will make a Gorilla Glass for the Bronco, other than Corning

I'd tempted to reach out to them to see if it's in their roadmap
True true, but Gorilla Glass is like Kleenex now to me. Brand name turned generic term. Hope they do it because I haven't even received my Bronco yet and I'm fairly certain it's already chipped.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wish Ford sold a windshield warranty that covered rock hits, replacing it with OEM glass. A cheap add-on warranty like that would be very beneficial. At least, then, it would keep it off your claim history for your auto insurance. I wonder if you can buy a 3rd party coverage that replaces with OEM glass and keeps it off your auto policy?
Sponsored