Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It took a LONG time for the JL gorilla glass to finally hit the market. No brainer when ordering a Wrangler/Gladiator now.
Yep, I'm hoping that now that they've jumped into the market it won't take as long for the bronco as it did for jeep.
Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok so who is going to make the Gorilla Glass replacement?

Thr33Thr33

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got my Bronco last Tuesday. I had to take a road trip for work yesterday. I wasn't on the interstate more than an hour when a rock bounced off my windshield leaving a small chip. On my way back from the meeting another rock bounced off my windshield, but this one left an 8" crack! I've got a claim in with Safelite, but have been told glass is on back order. I waited 493 days to get the Bronco, wonder how long it will be to get a new windshield? Has this happened to anyone else or just my bad luck? Not sure that I'll ever take it back on an interstate now...
Sorry that happened to ya! Same thing happened to me no more than 2 days having my Bronco. Still waiting on a windshield through Safelite. They told me 2 to 3 weeks about a week ago so well see how that goes. Really thinking about doing ExoShield on mine.

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had an FJ. Go ahead and buy a glass chip repair kit.

Sponsored

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Second trip in my brand new bronco...... only 30 miles driven on my brand new baby... rock flew up and put me a nice star on my windsheild...... walmart chip repair.... Did great. But there will always be that pock mark..... cheap as shit windshields 🤦‍♂️ !!!!!!!!

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a former Wrangler owner, I am familiar with cracked windshields. But I was very disappointed to see a crack appear after less than a month of driving the Bronco. Normally, I know when the cracked happens from the loud thud. Never heard the rock hit the windshield on this one. I noticed the crack on the way home from work. I am not optimistic about Safelite finding a OEM replacement anytime soon.

Anyone have an OEM windshield replacement recently?

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I'm hoping they've produced gorilla glass for the bronco when this inevitably happens to me too.
I jinxed myself. I now have a cracked windshield after taking a large rock to the top-middle of the windshield.

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
May not be a silver bullet solution, but the hood deflector has seen positive feedback from some B6G members on reducing bugs and rocks hitting the windshield. I have one sitting in my garage, just waiting for my Bronco to arrive. Looks like it'll compliment the fender flares nicely too.
I have the hood deflector and works great but today was the day :/ . About 11,000 miles in and I have a cracked windshield . I Was quoted $1000 from safelite here in California . Yikes 😳.

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m talking to my dealer about windshield coverage options and he’s looking into it. I imagine it costs close to the price of a new windshield but I can see it paying for itself if it’s a good policy/warranty. Anyone have experience with something like that?

Sponsored

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I traded a 2015 wrangler in on my bronco. I bought it new and replaced the windshield every year in late spring. They spread gravel on the roads in the winter where I live in Canada. It was a rock chip magnet. Hoping for better luck with the bronco.

65FB

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Afraid this is going to be all too common, I had a very small rock crack my windshield last week. Fortunately it was only about a half inch and my glass guy did an excellent job repairing. I have an appointment this week for Exoshield, hope it works.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my Bronco last Tuesday. I had to take a road trip for work yesterday. I wasn't on the interstate more than an hour when a rock bounced off my windshield leaving a small chip. On my way back from the meeting another rock bounced off my windshield, but this one left an 8" crack! I've got a claim in with Safelite, but have been told glass is on back order. I waited 493 days to get the Bronco, wonder how long it will be to get a new windshield? Has this happened to anyone else or just my bad luck? Not sure that I'll ever take it back on an interstate now...
Did they come off your own truck?
I had this happen twice in one trip! Spent the afternoon bombing around the backroads. When I got on the highway home, twice I had a stone come off my front Goodyear, out in FRONT of the Bronco, bounce up and hit the windshield!
Sponsored