First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
3.49 /72 months this past February from local credit union.
Sponsored

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What bank is giving 4% on a traditional savings account?
For someone who's come on here so high and mighty about every else's financial ignorance, this is just 👨‍🍳💋. Even Apple has a savings account option that pays over 4% interest, its not impossible to find 4.8-6% if you're willing to play the reward's checking games.

What you need to accept is that there is not a single strategy that fits everyone's personal goals. Some people are very well going to make poor financial decisions based on an emotional desire to own a specific type of vehicle or house far outside of their affordability zone. Others may have the means to pay cash for a vehicle but prefer having cash on hand in case of economic hardship and will be willing to eat a thousand or two over the course of 3-5 years, others might take a longer 6-7 year loan but pay it off in 3. The bottom line is that not everyone is looking to maximize their dollars in the bank, nor is everyone privileged enough to do it. One life guy, let people live it.

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got quoted 7.25% from a credit union recently - 730+ credit score. Seriously considering financing with Ford and seeing what benefits they offer for doing so, then selling my current daily and paying the loan off in full ASAP.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time one of these subjects comes up, there's always someone that mentions this same thing? Does anyone that's waiting for a Bronco actually listen to this advice? I highly doubt it, they just want their Bronco no matter what it takes. I highly doubt someone thats waited this long for a Bronco is going to say, "oh hey I need to finance for more than 60 months, I guess I'll leave it at the dealer". The thread was asking for current interest rates, not financial advice.
I see debt ratios, interest rates, on and on and on. I know understand why folks live pay check to pay check. Have large credit card debt, and the average 65 yr. old only have $270K for retirement saved. Keep spending America!

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just bought a grocery getter escape. 4.14% @ 70 mos through Ally. 807

Sponsored

Dcfries

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One should never take a loan longer than 60 months as the worst case scenario. A long loan on a declining asset is never a good idea.
Not necessarily….cash flow is king. Taking a longer term and using cash flow that is from a tax advantaged area within your portfolio….well you get the idea.
Of course when money was cheaper (less than 5-6%) it was almost a slam dunk but now??? Maybe. Also if you plan on keeping the car for less than three years and this one in particular has a current favorable depreciation rate then protecting other cash for longer term investments or reducing mortgage debt or credit card debt it smart. Just sayin.

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
College Son’s crap car crapped out on him. So I bought him a new Corolla 2 weeks ago and financed at 3.99 thru my Houston credit union. Now I’m starting to think thats going to significantly affect me when I go out of state to Granger as my car is getting built this week. Perfect credit and have some money for down payment. Was going to have credit union recapture loan if needed as they don’t finance out of state buys. Any opinions?

danf

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars and trucks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
College Son’s crap car crapped out on him. So I bought him a new Corolla 2 weeks ago and financed at 3.99 thru my Houston credit union. Now I’m starting to think thats going to significantly affect me when I go out of state to Granger as my car is getting built this week. Perfect credit and have some money for down payment. Was going to have credit union recapture loan if needed as they don’t finance out of state buys. Any opinions?
Maybe just finance with the dealer and then month or two later refinance it via the credit union.
Sponsored