First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@JRBinMalibuCanyon Well done, sir! This is what I expected the new Bronco to look like from Ford. Not that I dislike mine, but yours is on-point for me.

I just got a pair of the same LP6’s but haven’t had time to install them yet. Do you have a pic of them with the backlights and at full power? Would love to hear your thoughts on them when driving at night.
The LP6s turn night into day. I honestly can't believe some people mount more than two!
Sponsored

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man... well planned and executed! Tip of the hat to your paint/detailer(s) there. Superb execution. The effort spent in paint prep to get the top and fenders properly set-up for paint was where your money went. And that Wimbledon White! Perfect. I've seen a few examples of white Bronco tops and grills but the white is not "right" (to me). Those examples tend to be too white... devoid of tint. I think the closest modern auto example of a good tinted white would be the "Pepper White" used on the MINI R and F-series hardtops. Your Wimbledon White reminds me of Land Rover's classic "Limestone" that they used on the Series Land Rovers' safari roofs and wheels. Really compliments the body color. Well done sir.
Thank you so much. As I've said elsewhere in the thread, Avio Coachcraft of Los Angeles is amazing. I figured if they can bring Ferraris (and other exotics) back to factory spec they could handle a Bronco. They actually loved the project and will certainly do more if asked. They used mine as a prototype so they've got it down.

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@JRBinMalibuCanyon Well done, sir! This is what I expected the new Bronco to look like from Ford. Not that I dislike mine, but yours is on-point for me.

I just got a pair of the same LP6’s but haven’t had time to install them yet. Do you have a pic of them with the backlights and at full power? Would love to hear your thoughts on them when driving at night.
Attaching pics of the LP6s with DRLs on (the backlighting is wired to the DRLs) and at full power along with the KC Flex Era 4s. In real-world use you'd go one or the other if both were pointed forward. The KCs are on swiveling mounts so I can point them sideways if I want to use both simultaneously.

As you can see the actual white light of the turn signals transform them to more of a yellow as the light shines through the amber vinyl. Would prefer that it remained amber but it's kind of an interesting contrast and doesn't both me all that much.

backlighting.jpg

full ppwer.jpg

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great. I like the Wimbledon white, the wheels, and the painted flares. Keep us posted how the double ppf holds up, wouldn't mind painting mine. My only personal preference would be a FORD grill at some point. I also wish there was a solution to getting bumpers to go with the retro themes. They're the only things that just don't seem right but I'm not sure what would do it.

Interesting to me is how the wheels make the KO2s look retro. It all works well.
Thanks! Am guessing Ford will at some point offer the Heritage Edition grille unpainted as a part/accessory. Though I'm not sure that's best for selling the actual Heritage Edition...

Sponsored
OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great. I like the Wimbledon white, the wheels, and the painted flares. Keep us posted how the double ppf holds up, wouldn't mind painting mine. My only personal preference would be a FORD grill at some point. I also wish there was a solution to getting bumpers to go with the retro themes. They're the only things that just don't seem right but I'm not sure what would do it.

Interesting to me is how the wheels make the KO2s look retro. It all works well.
Yeah -- the KO2s look fantastic. Wanted the raised white lettering but they're tough to find in the OEM spec size. Turns out I really like the black lettering, and Tire Stickers offers a precision-matched solution if I want to try white.

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks fantastic! Question on the wheels do they have the same spec as the factory, or do they stick out farther from the factory rims? Also where did you source the center caps for the wheels? congrats that's a beautiful rig!
Wheels are OEM Sasquatch spec. Center caps came with the wheels — we just painted them (outer ring Wimbledon White / center section matte black). I’d actually prefer a more “hub” looking center cap but this works pretty well.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the kind words. Would love to know how to use Forscan...
Order this thing and read post #2162 on this page for instructions.
And this is a list of all of the mods users have compiled.

Haven't seen any "vintage" builds based on the 3G-5Gs yet, but my question would be... why?

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Attaching pics of the LP6s with DRLs on (the backlighting is wired to the DRLs) and at full power along with the KC Flex Era 4s. In real-world use you'd go one or the other if both were pointed forward. The KCs are on swiveling mounts so I can point them sideways if I want to use both simultaneously.

As you can see the actual white light of the turn signals transform them to more of a yellow as the light shines through the amber vinyl. Would prefer that it remained amber but it's kind of an interesting contrast and doesn't both me all that much.

backlighting.jpg

full ppwer.jpg
Thanks for the pics! Exactly what I wanted to see. Truly a great looking Bronco you’ve built!

I've got a winch on the front of mine so I’ll have to mount them further outboard. Toyed around with the Baja mounting brackets and it looks like if I mount the LP6 backwards in it so that the tilt- adjustment slots are facing forward, it should fit in front of the grill without making contact.

If you want to program your DRL’s to have full intensity ambers, it’s easily done with a cable and a Forscan license. There’s a great write up on here somewhere that explains exactly how to do it. Takes maybe 5 minutes total. I included a pic below of the cable I use in case you need the info.

Ford Bronco Custom 2-Door Wildtrak “Heritage Edition” Bronco Build D7E8E970-9786-4D9C-89D0-2FD529EC7C44
Ford Bronco Custom 2-Door Wildtrak “Heritage Edition” Bronco Build 7D2A5CD6-1D1D-4DE8-9B39-5A98CC7316C5

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love them. No less functional than the factory tube steps but way better looking in combination with the factory rock sliders -- and much higher clearance. They simply clamp on with an under-padded "arm" matched to the slider and a bolt to tighten.
Who made them

Sponsored

Blucifer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys. Wanted to share pics of my build. 1-of-1 custom heritage Cactus Gray Wildtrak developed in partnership with Avio Coachcraft. When I first saw the new Bronco I was dead set on getting a classic white top/white grille combo. With that unavailable until the then-rumored Heritage Edition came out, I decided to stick with my 2022 2-door Cactus Gray Wildtrak, and create exactly what I wanted out of a vintage-style modern Bronco. Here’s a quick overview of the build, and a bunch of pics. Would be interested to know what you guys think, and especially how you think it compares to the official, forthcoming Heritage Edition.

Top: Wimbledon White with smooth surface (comprehensive surface prep and window removal/reseal coupled with glossy paint finish better than OEM quality).

Grille: Five-tone design based on Black Diamond grille modified to host Lux camera system and prepped smooth like the roof. Body color outer frame, Wimbledon White inner slatted section, gray pinstripe demarcating inner/outer sections, black center section, red lettering and white letter borders. StickerFab amber LED turn signal overlays (astonishingly factory-looking but removable if desired). Multiple clear coats and Xpel protection.

Fender flares: Prepped smooth and painted body color, with full Xpel protection (front side of rears are double-filmed for extra protection).

Wheels/tires: 5x Fifteen52 Analog HD 17 wheels prepped and painted Wimbledon White, with two-tone WW/black center caps evoking hubs. BFG All-Terrain T/A K02 with black lettering. Wheels/tires sized to match OEM Sasquatch.

Fender badging: OEM-licensed first-gen black chrome Bronco script with red Sport badge (because it looks great and they should've called the 2-door the Bronco Sport!).

Other mods: Factory rock rails with removable iAG stirrups; 2x Baja Designs LP6 amber LEDs (~9K lumens each) on front bumper using Swarfworks mount and wired to first two Aux switches (low/high) with backlighting coupled to DRLs; 2x KC Flex Era 4 white LEDs (~9K lumens each) on A-pillars using Bad Ass Mounts swiveling mount system and wired to third Aux switch with backlighting also coupled to DRLs; Xpel paint protection film on grille, fender flares, hood, front fenders, doors and rear rockers; Ceramic coating over painted surfaces; iAG mudflaps; OEM tailgate table with molle bags; Mountains-to-Metal steel front door pockets with molle bags

Ford Bronco Custom 2-Door Wildtrak “Heritage Edition” Bronco Build 7D2A5CD6-1D1D-4DE8-9B39-5A98CC7316C5

Bellissimo!

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Order this thing and read post #2162 on this page for instructions.
And this is a list of all of the mods users have compiled.

Haven't seen any "vintage" builds based on the 3G-5Gs yet, but my question would be... why?
Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to do this mod.

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the pics! Exactly what I wanted to see. Truly a great looking Bronco you’ve built!

I've got a winch on the front of mine so I’ll have to mount them further outboard. Toyed around with the Baja mounting brackets and it looks like if I mount the LP6 backwards in it so that the tilt- adjustment slots are facing forward, it should fit in front of the grill without making contact.

If you want to program your DRL’s to have full intensity ambers, it’s easily done with a cable and a Forscan license. There’s a great write up on here somewhere that explains exactly how to do it. Takes maybe 5 minutes total. I included a pic below of the cable I use in case you need the info.

That looks fantastic — thanks for the help