First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those LEDs look out of place, take away those and you've got an exceptional HE.
Of the two sets, I think the Baja Designs LP6s on the front bumper work best with the design concept. With the covers on they really blend in. I go back and forth on whether I like them uncovered when not in use.

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great job, looks awesome! Love that you used body color around the perimeter of the white grill, wish Ford would have done that with the MY23 HE. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, are those the Navy Pier seats? If so, how did you swing that in the WT?
Nope -- those are the black/tan leather seats.

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
how do you like the step on your rock sliders .do they work good for short people who might have trouble getting in and how are they attach to the rock sliders
Love them. No less functional than the factory tube steps but way better looking in combination with the factory rock sliders -- and much higher clearance. They simply clamp on with an under-padded "arm" matched to the slider and a bolt to tighten.

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I dig it! Couple of things regarding the lights though. I prefer the base style marker lights that do not bisect the headlight, especially on a Heritage. Also, I think you can change the color of the horizontal light with Forscan, rather than the film to change it to amber. Awesome job!
I’ve already put in a placeholder order for a Heritage, will probably be a 24 MY but I’m willing to wait. I wanted Yellowstone but it’s not an option, so went with Race Red. Maybe it will be an option by the time it’s scheduled.
9D582F21-5C1B-4583-AC56-EC08B25E9206.jpeg
I'd also prefer that style turn signal, but you can only get that in lower trims where you'd give up a bunch of other things I wanted.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is a remarkable job. The grill is proportional with the outside body color edge. That's the way Ford should have done it for all trims if they were paying attention to the overall flow. Off course it cost more but you clearly have shown why it looks like a better match to the older gen. I'm on the fence about doing this to a 4 door area 51. Will play around with some CAD grill combos similar to what you did (even if the grill stays black edge may look better body color)

Well done!!
Thanks. Though the grille design concept was mine, many here have also envisioned same exact approach. The key is finding a shop that can actually pull it off in a high-quality manner. Avio Coachcraft (Los Angeles) is as good as it gets.

Last edited:
OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Big fan!
My 2c
Pro: The gray delineating line between body color and WW grill is a great visual element. Love the badge too.

Con: The front and ditch light pods do not match the clean elements of the rest of the build. Big yellow bug eyes up front? Yellow/black lens covers on the ditch lights? They distract from the rest of the build. You could get away with the mirror lights without covers but I would ditch the front lights. Just me.

Otherwise, this is a great rig!
Here's a shot with the bumper lights covered and a-pillar lights uncovered. Better?

Bronco front.jpg

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love the amber turn signals. I did the same thing with my heritage build too.

Ford Bronco Custom 2-Door Wildtrak “Heritage Edition” Bronco Build Bronco front

Yours looks really, really good. Definitely one of my inspirations. I'm sort of jealous of your fender badges -- you did a great job of deleting the "SPORT" script. I'm guess I'm OK with mine as-is, not least since I think Ford should have named the 2-door Bronco (and not the new Escape) the Bronco Sport.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well Done! The grill treatment is perfection. You need to hire a professional photographer to capture this thing to its full potential. Killer design:love:
How did you do the FORD script on the tailgate? Feel free to PM me.

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Flawless execution!
Only thing I would add would be white letter BFGs, but that's like sprinkles on the icing on the cake.
Thanks. I'm considering having Tire Stickers (based very close to me) apply the white lettering matched precisely to the existing black. My only hesitation is it coming off too busy with the white wheels and white top. Could be that the bright white of the tire lettering contrasts nicely with the wheels/top.

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally, somebody painted the grill correctly.
I've seen a few others, and I bet it will we'll see many more. Why no one has offered an aftermarket heritage grille for sale (at least not one I've seen) is beyond me. It would sell like crazy.

OP
OP

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is def my favorite vintage build so far. Great job here, well done down to the finest details.

Someone mentioned changing the horizontal DRLs to amber with Forscan. It's super easy, but they only show amber in specific conditions (headlights set to AUTO but in the off state), so having the lens cover was a nice touch.
Also love that it looked light blue in one pic, and then mint green in the next, this is why I love my Cactus Grey 2 Door.
Also love that it's a 2D, because a 4D vintage build makes zero sense.
Only thing I would change is the roof rack. This rack just doesn't look right.
Kudos to you.
Thanks for the kind words. Would love to know how to use Forscan...

The 2-doors definitely lend themselves better to a vintage design based on the early Broncos. I do, however, think the 4-doors work well for vintage concepts based on "built" 80s-90s versions.
Sponsored