Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arthughesphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Dr Bronco Badlands w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you dont need to look at the screen, ever, and its just to connect to your Ford System - ok great.
Actually I like to play a game by staring at the phone for as long as possible until I get to test the Sasquatch ground clearance 😅

OP
OP
ArtHughes

ArtHughes

Badlands
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arthughesphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Between this and your sound system install, you definitely are way more handy than I am!

Well done - This looks great! I also found it difficult to find the perfect phone mount, but I ended up going with one that takes up one of my valuable cup holders. Not the end of the world, but I like you're setup!
You don't like the rail concept?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ArtHughes

ArtHughes

Badlands
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arthughesphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because of the angle of the arms coming off of the dash with a rail, you get significantly more vibration and device shaking than with an arm supporting the device from below. That is my only objection to a dash rail system. If i needed to mount a ton of items, that would certainly be the way to go and you just deal w the device shaking. 👍

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't hate it, I just don't really want my phone that high up on the dashboard. My phone holder in my cup holder has a long arm which extends it to just below the centre screen.

I think part of my issue with the rail is I haven't actually tried it or found an option I love. Something secure, but easy to remove when I get in and out of the vehicle. I'm not opposed to it, but hasn't been the top of my accessory list.

OP
OP
ArtHughes

ArtHughes

Badlands
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arthughesphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't hate it, I just don't really want my phone that high up on the dashboard. My phone holder in my cup holder has a long arm which extends it to just below the centre screen.

I think part of my issue with the rail is I haven't actually tried it or found an option I love. Something secure, but easy to remove when I get in and out of the vehicle. I'm not opposed to it, but hasn't been the top of my accessory list.
I feel the same way, especially with regard to the quick insert and removal when in and out of the truck a lot. Any arms leveraged off the dash concern me with that load transfer as you pull at the device over and over again.

What I made is so rigid that it doesnt move when i pop the phone in and out, so i dont feel the need to support the arm or cradle to manipulate the phone. Its been the first phone solution ive been totally happy with.

Glad you've found a solution as well 😀

Underground Graphics

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We did something similar using a motorcycle RAM handlebar mount w/ M8 screw. (I hope that's right, I dug through my spare parts bin) and a short, a long and a ball connecter, topped with a Quadlock charging MagBase. We had to use a zip tie to keep snug against the Bronco OEM handle.
Seems like alot of work, but it was perfect for my needs. Kept the phone away from the passengers and in perfect reach for me, ...and charging!
Ford Bronco Custom Console Offroad Phone Mount Ram Mount Bronco

OP
OP
ArtHughes

ArtHughes

Badlands
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arthughesphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We did something similar using a motorcycle RAM handlebar mount w/ M8 screw. (I hope that's right, I dug through my spare parts bin) and a short, a long and a ball connecter, topped with a Quadlock charging MagBase. We had to use a zip tie to keep snug against the Bronco OEM handle.
Seems like alot of work, but it was perfect for my needs. Kept the phone away from the passengers and in perfect reach for me, ...and charging!
Ford Bronco Custom Console Offroad Phone Mount Ram Mount Bronco
Nice.. i dont use the magbase system but would adapt mine in a similar way if i did. Looks good!

Sponsored
OP
OP
ArtHughes

ArtHughes

Badlands
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arthughesphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TY for the cost outline. Would it be possible to have a longer arm off the mount - with a bend - to still have full usage of the console grab/handle.
For sure. Ram makes all sorts of different arm lengths that could be combined to achieve any angle. I don't use the handle so i wasn't worried about additional clearance, but it could easily be configured that way.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if you ever are interested, I might have one you can try...the AR BAM for Badlands...
Let me know!

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because of the angle of the arms coming off of the dash with a rail, you get significantly more vibration and device shaking than with an arm supporting the device from below. That is my only objection to a dash rail system. If i needed to mount a ton of items, that would certainly be the way to go and you just deal w the device shaking. 👍
Keep the arms short, I even have an iPad Pro hanging off mine!