First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For me a phone down and out of view is not helpful. My solution is a left hand mount for $30on Amazon plus Ram X grip. Phone is in my line of sight with the slightest of sideways glances. Left hand operation allows me to keep the right hand on the wheel.
Sponsored

Dgc

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tried a bunch of different phone mount options, including a few of the dash mount solutions, and was not happy with any of them. That being the case, I decided to make my own.

_R5_4088.jpg

I used the mount points for the factory center console handle, and created a very rigid mount plate for a 1" ball. That gave me a mounting point for a RAM mount arm and cell phone cradle which are perfect for secure offroad travel.

The plate is milled from insanely rigid 1/4" G10 (which is a fiberglass composite) with recessed hardware for the ball mount. It was sprayed with a textured satin black to match the interior. Stainless steel bolts and spacers were used to mount it to the console through the factory handle.

The result looks extremely clean (in my humble opinion at least) and is incredibly rigid. There is zero wobble or vibration regardless of road/trail surface and its a very quick one-handed operation in and out, even with the heavy duty springs on the ram phone cradle.

I tried using the same ram arm and phone cradle from a dash mounted ball but it was unusable with vibration due to the angle of the arm coming off the dash. This new plate solves all of that.

I am considering making these available for other Bronco owners, but wanted to gauge interest on here first before going down that road.

Let me know what you think and if you'd be interested in getting one for your rig.

Thanks!

Art

_R5_4063.jpg

_R5_4051.jpg

_R5_4057.jpg
Looks good, nice work!! I used the rubigrid from bullet point and itā€™s been great for meā€¦

IMG_3251.jpeg

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought one from Amazon similar to that. Phone site a tad higher. Mounts to the same handle via L-bracket and a clamp. Perfect location, for me anyway, phone on the dash of a car with a 10ā€ tall field of view is not a good idea, especially if you need to use the visor šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We did something similar using a motorcycle RAM handlebar mount w/ M8 screw. (I hope that's right, I dug through my spare parts bin) and a short, a long and a ball connecter, topped with a Quadlock charging MagBase. We had to use a zip tie to keep snug against the Bronco OEM handle.
Seems like alot of work, but it was perfect for my needs. Kept the phone away from the passengers and in perfect reach for me, ...and charging!
Ford Bronco Custom Console Offroad Phone Mount IMG_3251
M6 but yeah, I sourced two 1" billet ram balls drilled for 6mm cap screws. Perfect fit.

Sponsored

Muddog899

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I tried a bunch of different phone mount options, including a few of the dash mount solutions, and was not happy with any of them. That being the case, I decided to make my own.

I used the mount points for the factory center console handle, and created a very rigid mount plate for a 1" ball. That gave me a mounting point for a RAM mount arm and cell phone cradle which are perfect for secure offroad travel.

The plate is milled from insanely rigid 1/4" G10 (which is a fiberglass composite) with recessed hardware for the ball mount. It was sprayed with a textured satin black to match the interior. Stainless steel bolts and spacers were used to mount it to the console through the factory handle.

The result looks extremely clean (in my humble opinion at least) and is incredibly rigid. There is zero wobble or vibration regardless of road/trail surface and its a very quick one-handed operation in and out, even with the heavy duty springs on the ram phone cradle.

I tried using the same ram arm and phone cradle from a dash mounted ball but it was unusable with vibration due to the angle of the arm coming off the dash. This new plate solves all of that.

I am considering making these available for other Bronco owners, but wanted to gauge interest on here first before going down that road.

Let me know what you think and if you'd be interested in getting one for your rig.

Thanks!

Art

I would be interested in one if you happen to make a extra one.

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TY for the cost outline. Would it be possible to have a longer arm off the mount - with a bend - to still have full usage of the console grab/handle.
TY for the cost outline. Would it be possible to have a longer arm off the mount - with a bend - to still have full usage of the console grab/handle.
IMG_0451.jpeg

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice job. If you were to make & market you need to ensure it can charge while mounted.

Sponsored

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went a different direction with mine. I have a M2M overhead basket that attaches to the front of the console with the upfitter switches. This basket has a molle pattern grid and 1/4" holes throughout. I used one of those holes to fit a RAM ball mount, arm, and phone mount. It's surprisingly solid and easy to read when driving. I can use it for additional n avigation aids like OnX or bang out texts at a stoplight.

Ford Bronco Custom Console Offroad Phone Mount 20240223_145143

Ford Bronco Custom Console Offroad Phone Mount 20240223_145105

Ford Bronco Custom Console Offroad Phone Mount 20240223_145051

20240223_145105.jpg

20240223_145124.jpg

20240223_145051.jpg

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got this. $35 on Amazon. All metal. Sturdy. This thing does not move.

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With CarPlay and a 12ā€ screen, why would you need this?
I got a wireless charger inside the console so itā€™s out of sight if I accidentally leave it in the rig.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks good, nice work!! I used the rubigrid from bullet point and itā€™s been great for meā€¦

Ford Bronco Custom Console Offroad Phone Mount 20240223_145051
Was wondering about the BulletPoint. I have one in my Ram truck and love it. Just wasn't sure of the stability of the long arm needed to clear the Bronco dash. I have the 4" arm in my truck and it's just one the edge of being too bouncy. No generally an issue since 90% of what I need on the road is synced to the truck screen.
Sponsored