Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got my bronco in early Feb of this year, noticed the delay wiper bug when it rained. The next time I washed the vehicle I had the wipers sprung in the up position for a couple hours while I cleaned everything. Hasn’t messed up since. Seems like the springs were too tight and leaving the wiper springs stretched for a couple hours in the sun loosened the springs just enough to get them to work correctly. If I remember a few other forum members had the same success, anyone else?
Yeah it seemed like that had mixed results. I know leaving the wipers up helped @cbrenthus, but didn’t seem to help others.
Sponsored

Appalachia_Ewok

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 PT Cruiser, '62 DeVille, '96 XJ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am still confused on the why Ford found it necessary to seriously over complicate something that for decades has been probably one of the most reliable features on an automobile.

What is wrong with a simple motor wired to stalk switch with delay, on and high settings...and I guess there would have to be an auto-sensing mode too for the masses who find it too hard to flip on the wipers manually when it starts raining.
This is what blows my mind. I'm not against technology, but overcomplicating something for such a small benefit just kills me. Thankfully I've not had much of a problem with my Bronco, but I've driven several other cars with the "rain sensing" BS and it never seems to work right. Either too fast or, more often, too slow.

Now something I thought I'd hate but have come to like is the auto bright feature. That keeps my hands on the wheel if a car is coming while I'm going around a curve, and the way it dims and brightens instead of just coming on is nice, and the detection is downright perfect.

However, I've never been in a situation where I thought adjusting the wiper speed myself was annoying, and wiper speed in relation to the amount of rain on your windshield is personal preference, unlike the brights. Don't take away that control from me, it's just senseless automation. Same reason I wanted a manual transmission, I want the gear I want when I want it. I don't want a computer guessing which gear I want or telling me what gear I need to be in, I just want the car to do what I tell it to do.

All that being said, the recalls are through March 17th and my Bronco's date was... March 17th haha.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an appointment this weekend for this.
Any Bronco owner already got this done? Any feedback?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer just did this in addition to the seatbelt recall clip and fixing the brake squeak (no grease on the back of the pads) and squeaky side step (retorquing the bracket bolts - which ai would have tried myself but they are steel bolts in an aluminum step and I wanted them to take the risk).

I never had the problem, and it hasn’t rained since. (I may have the auto wet sensing turned off.)

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have an appointment this weekend for this.
Any Bronco owner already got this done? Any feedback?
I had this done yesterday while mine was in for the torn soft top TSB replacement (it now has the MY23 design, so that's kinda neat) and the seatbelt recall. Didn't realize this was available at the time, but dealer flashed it for me.

Don't really have much feedback since I've only had the Bronco back an hour or so and it's not rainy. I *occasionally* saw hints of the symptoms others complained about but never encountered a slowdown in pouring rain, so I'm not a good barometer for this.

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just had mine reprogrammed this morning. It has been drizzling rain since I left the Dealership, but not enough to turn them on constant.

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone keeps saying the Bronco has Rain Sensing wipers. It does not. If it had rain sensing wipers they would not come on in the intermittent modes if it was not raining. What the Bronco has is an " intelligent" (and I use that term lightly) wiper system. If it detects a load on the motor that is greater than its specified limit it will enable an overload mode that does an intermittent wipe. Rain Sensing Wipers (Automatic Wipers), Like on the Mustang have a separate sensor bonded to the windshield that detects the amount of Rain and automatically adjusts the wiper speed to match the amount of rain. You also have a setting in the vehicle settings that allows you to turn the Automatic feature of so the behave like regular wipers.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my bronco in early Feb of this year, noticed the delay wiper bug when it rained. The next time I washed the vehicle I had the wipers sprung in the up position for a couple hours while I cleaned everything. Hasn’t messed up since. Seems like the springs were too tight and leaving the wiper springs stretched for a couple hours in the sun loosened the springs just enough to get them to work correctly. If I remember a few other forum members had the same success, anyone else?
I left mine in the up position while out of town for a couple of weeks. It made no difference at all……

Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I left mine in the up position while out of town for a couple of weeks. It made no difference at all……
Remember, it’s still going to slow or go to intermittent if the motor detects resistance, it’s just that the tolerances needed adjusting, either physically in the spring or in the software.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to have the slowdown every time. It would occur on the 25th wipe, and you could see the wipers slow down and new it was coming. I lifted my wipers when parked at home for a several days, put on 15" wiper blades (vs stock 17") and use rain-X. For a little while, I would have the slowdown, then switch to high and back, and it would be fine. But now I haven't seen the slowdown in months. I'm starting to think everything was too tight from the factory and just needed to be broken in ;)

LanCar

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can anyone confirm that having this update done will not interfere with our FORScan changes?

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wipers are TRASH.

I just replaced the blades at 2k miles with Bosch Icons. It is slightly better, but they still like to drag. I think it is because the wiper (up-down, through the full range) speed is too slow.
Sponsored