Sponsored

Dates & Process: Bronco Delivery Timeline Explained [Ordering > Planning > Delivery]

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Based on the quote I assume they are considered all reservation, 30% of the 190K

~57K produced in 2021, about 10k a month, June through November.
Would 57k 2021s be considered rare?
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol at those shocked at 30%. Thats applied to ALL 190k reservations. The cut off for MY21 is mid September reservation. For all we know 50% of reservations were made before that September date. Do the math and they are projecting 60% of applicable reservations before mid September will be fulfilled. And that’s probably also factoring in slippage for cancelled reservations.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved mine on July 20th so there's still hope :)

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
why would roof racks not be available on 4dr until MY22? What changes?
DIO versus factory installed. Let’s get the factory running at rate before we add another thing for them to install!

Sponsored

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DIO versus factory installed. Let’s get the factory running at rate before we add another thing for them to install!
This is dumb. Its being installed on other model trims for MY21. Also, it is not an option on the accessory list we just received. Therefore, us MY21 people are getting screwed (in more than one way). Hopefully the 'updated' roof rails for MY22 fit our MY21. It's a shame.

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"....What if you just want to wait until the 2022 model year for all those extra options and new colors? Just let your dealer know and they can take your name down for a MY22 Bronco order."

WHAT does this actually mean? Is my reservation doing anything for me at that point IF I chose this route? I feel like I could probably walk in without a reservation TOMORROW, before order banks even open and say that and ANY Ford Dealer would happily say "No problem, we got you down for a 2022 Bronco congrats."
well what you are actually asking to do is order a vehicle that wouldn’t be available to my22..
my thoughts on what will happen here is that you will have to take a chance on whether your build will be my21 or 22. If you feel you will be pushed out to 22 then you will have the opportunity to sit back down with your dealer and make any changes that have transpired since your initial sit down. At that point if the options you are waiting on are available, you can add them then. If you feel that your current place in line will net you a my 21, I’d cancel that reservation and get another.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Am I reading this right? Only 30% of reservations will be filled in 2021?
That's probably only day 1 reservations and maybe some of day 2. (July 13th, 14th)

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

“...approximately 30% of Bronco reservations will be produced in MY21...”
Wow! that is a lot lower than I thought!? ?
I'm hoping this is 30% of 100% of the reservations and they're not counting any dropped reservations.

I've been working on the worst case assumption that, with my late July reservation, I would be late 2021. If they're only planning on delivering 30% of reservations by the end of this year that puts me squarely in 2022. That does not spark joy.

I hope they clear this up. I can wait until 2022 but my truck can't.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if we have a July reservation and they show us a projected delivery date of November or December for a 2021?

In that scenario, I would prefer a 2022 because I don’t want to pay full price for a 1 year old vehicle.

Do I have the option moving to the front of the 2022 line or do I go to the end of the line?

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's probably only day 1 reservations and maybe some of day 2. (July 13th, 14th)
There is no way to know how many of those 1st and 2nd day reservations will actually convert to orders..
Trying to decipher this is pointless and a timesuck...

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is dumb. Its being installed on other model trims for MY21. Also, it is not an option on the accessory list we just received. Therefore, us MY21 people are getting screwed (in more than one way). Hopefully the 'updated' roof rails for MY22 fit our MY21. It's a shame.
I noticed that as well. It’s like Ford really doesn’t want guys putting stuff on the roof for those respective builds

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed that as well. It’s like Ford really doesn’t want guys putting stuff on the roof for those respective builds
I understand not being able to do it from the factory due to liability concerns, but whatever we decide to do aftermarket is our choice. It just sucks. I hope whatever the MY22 update is for the roof rails is compatible with MY21 and we don't get royally screwed. If we can't get it from FoMoCo, I'm sure the aftermarket will step in.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What if we have a July reservation and they show us a projected delivery date of November or December for a 2021?

In that scenario, I would prefer a 2022 because I don’t want to pay full price for a 1 year old vehicle.

Do I have the option moving to the front of the 2022 line or do I go to the end of the line?
This is why I picked up a 10/30 reservation. At this point, I honestly dont think its worth keeping an early reservation. It seems there will be a lot fixed or availabe for the MY22 models and if I got a super late MY21, I would be pissed missing out on other stuff being available in such a short window. Also theres no guarantee it even gets scheduled that late, I could see a 2nd day reservation getting pushed to MY22 based on configuration. Also I have been through Fords special vehicle order process and even under normal times, there are still delays here and there. I feel this is a very uphill conservative timeline for MY21 Broncos at the moment.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Remember that Ford will build many FCTP vehicles for dealerships prior to building any that will go to customers.
This pisses me off more than I even have words for. Here we are facing multiple delays and parts shortages, and all these Broncos being built for dealers to use as toys, loan to random people, and eventually sell. Rather than putting that time and parts into getting vehicles to out to customers.

May or may not make much of a difference in the long run but there's just no reason for it. Just another way Ford has screwed up this whole thing.
Sponsored

Last edited: