Sponsored

Dealer Apparently Keyed in Manual Instead of Automatic…

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was in a similar situation. I initially specced a 2.7 Automatic for mine, and my dealer put in the order for a 2.3 Manual too - all other options (rear locker, sig lights) were present. Decided to move forward, and I'm so glad I did. The 2.3 7MT is a blast! Almost 9000 miles in, and it still gives me a laugh each time I drive it.

Wouldn't have a 2.3 without the manual transmission, though.
Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Definitely not the case all of the time. Some go through without even a DL and get fully approved. No rhyme or reason for them to approve some but not others. Seen it first hand.,
Agree. Mine just sent the order sheet back to me to confirm. Never saw the DORA. And they forgot to put in tow, which was on the order sheet, but obviously didn't make it into the DORA.

Long story, short: you are getting what is in production. Take it or leave it. It's up the the dealer to help out, usually with $$$ (which they did for me). Though you really can't address the manual vs auto issue.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don‘t think I would really be all that upset. I went with the auto partially because driving a manual in traffic gets old fast, but mostly because I didn’t want a 4cyl. Obviously I never had a chance to test drive before ordering. Now that I’ve driven that 4cyl, it’s not as much of a downgrade as I expected.

The manual bronco is definitely fun to drive, but like someone else mentioned, it will be harder to sell with fewer potential buyers, so that will affect the value.

Assuming you do know how to drive a manual (if not, the manual bronco is really as easy as it gets), I would just keep the order and use their fck up as a bargaining chip to save a few bucks. Place another order for the 2.7 auto as soon as you can, and when that one’s built, make your decision then whether you want to keep the manual or switch over to the auto. Can’t say if their trade in value will still be as good in a year or two as it is now, but you always have the option to walk away from the new order.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
…and I am part of the 1/16/2023 build week. Backdoor link shows my desired configuration, but Ford status tracker using VIN shows 2.3L 7 speed manual. Dealer is also seeing manual on their end. Is there anything I can do?

Dealer also said that Ford is not accepting my configuration for new orders and even if they were I doubt I would be price protected. I feel stuck.

Desired Configuration:
Badlands
4 Door
Eruption Green
Sasquatch
MIC Top
Lux
2.7L Automatic
Tow
Ordered 8/18/2021
Lucky!!!!

There's a bunch of people who had to take automatics and you get a manual :love:

Great end to your year!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with others on here that are saying maybe you will like the manual more than you think. I don't think reselling it would be an issue either, sure its a smaller customer base that wants it, but a customer base that knows what they want. Maybe give it a try when it shows up...2.3/7mt is a FUN ride! Some of us waited longer to get the MT...you got gifted one! I'm jealous!

Sponsored
OP
OP

GTHOM

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t driven a stick in over 20 years and can’t say I was a fan of it back then. The town I am in is small but littered with a bunch of stop signs and traffic lights. I feel that I will get really frustrated really quickly with a manual.

There is a 2022 Wildtrak close by for sale that is similarly configured to what I’m wanting for about $5k over MSRP. Im debating getting it but also submitting a new order with rebate once the order banks open back up. I’m sure I’ll take a few thousand dollar bath, but I am essentially car-less at the moment with a 2004 Grand Cherokee that needs more work than it’s worth. I use my wife’s 4Runner if I ever need to go anywhere, but we are getting to a point where having one reliable car is becoming an issue getting kids around, traveling to work, etc.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t driven a stick in over 20 years and can’t say I was a fan of it back then. The town I am in is small but littered with a bunch of stop signs and traffic lights. I feel that I will get really frustrated really quickly with a manual.

There is a 2022 Wildtrak close by for sale that is similarly configured to what I’m wanting for about $5k over MSRP. Im debating getting it but also submitting a new order with rebate once the order banks open back up. I’m sure I’ll take a few thousand dollar bath, but I am essentially car-less at the moment with a 2004 Grand Cherokee that needs more work than it’s worth. I use my wife’s 4Runner if I ever need to go anywhere, but we are getting to a point where having one reliable car is becoming an issue getting kids around, traveling to work, etc.
I would ask your dealer if they can find a Bronco at another dealer to trade for. Maybe someone is out there looking for a manual.

While it may be harder to sell a manual Bronco it’s not impossible. Someone will be more than happy to buy it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do I acquire this rebate? Is it tied to my Ford account and will automatically get applied?
ask the dealer to look up the offer in "Smart Vincent", your private offer will be in there.

Swampy

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F350 XLT Crewcab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The current configuration in their system is 2.3L 7 speed manual. My desired config is 2.7L 10 speed automatic.
I have to tell you that i have had my 22 Black Diamond Sasquatch for 6 weeks and I love the 7 speed. I have almost 4 k miles. Averages 18.7 mpg, as much as 23 mpg. And it's super fun to drive. Not planning on towing anything more than a small camper.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd call that a win! Congrats!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have to tell you that i have had my 22 Black Diamond Sasquatch for 6 weeks and I love the 7 speed. I have almost 4 k miles. Averages 18.7 mpg, as much as 23 mpg. And it's super fun to drive. Not planning on towing anything more than a small camper.
Well, you definitely are not going to tow a large camper with the Bronco. Even this is a challenge to tow at highway speeds (16ft camper - Sun-Lite 16BH).

Ford Bronco Dealer Apparently Keyed in Manual Instead of Automatic… IMG_20221215_171529_01

This is probably as big as you want to go with the Bronco.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I had not daily driven one since '91 and had only gone on short drives with a manual twice after that. It comes back fast.

The Bronco is different than other manuals i drove. Example, if you just let the clutch slowly the engine ramps up so you will not stall, no throttle needed. First gear is geared low and it is easy to take off, reverse is geared even lower. If you do stall out, just push the clutch pedal and the engine restarts for you.

I think you should test drive it before you decide not to keep it since you know how to drive a manual.

The Wildtrak, if you like it and you have no regrets about the vehicle itself buy it if you can afford it. Drive and be happy. That 5K? if you are like me you'll find a way to piss it away a little at a time anyway.

If I were to give responsible advice I'd say to get another 4 runner, It would cost less, be far better built and last forever. I love my Bronco but there is no comparison when it comes to quality between it and our '21 4 Runner.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do I acquire this rebate? Is it tied to my Ford account and will automatically get applied?
It's tied to your name and Zip code, and will be in the dealer's computer (SmartVincent).

It works exactly like a Ford Factory rebate, except only for you.

Personally I'd take the stick shift. I wouldn't have even considered the Bronco if I had to get an automatic.

Edit to add: while it is harder to sell a manual, they tend to sell for more. Look at used listings for Mustang GTs or Wranglers, and stick shifts are always priced higher.

The pool of buyers is smaller, but the pool of competition is smaller too, and people who WANT a stick, won't settle for an auto-magic.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That sucks,I dont think theres any other option. Cancel. If you ordered a auto then I cant believe you would ever want a manual. I wouldnt
Sponsored