Sponsored

Dealer claims total-loss at Ford. Ford claims no such thing - replacement? the SAGA!

ari

Outer Banks
First Name
ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK, I know, the title is a bit odd. First of all, I hope you're all well. This is what happened to me
I was looking for a bronco, a dealer in IL claimed to have a bronco LUX coming next week and offered me to get an order he had, that the buyer backed off it. The bronco was "built" with 03/07 blend date. Claiming on the way to the dealership. We agreed on a price and a trade in value.
Every week a different reason why the bronco isn't there, along the way a claim that the tow truck disappear with it, to the point where I got a picture of a different color and trim bronco that arrived to the dealer, claiming its mine.
Anyway, almost 3 months later and I get a text "your bronco is total loss" weird. right? I ask for proof. Nothing. The claim is that it was total at Ford lot, never even went on carrier!. I call Ford, I call the shareholder line (dealer didn't know I am a relatively big size share holder) talk to some managers, all claim the bronco is just fine, at the lot, and about to go on the carrier to the dealership. NO TOTAL LOSS. I ask them to update the order to my name, just in case the dealer will need to order a replacement. They did so. Now I am the order owner. Cool.
I call the dealer and confront them, but they do not pick up the phone. I send my lawyer, and they ignore her, voice mails, nothing. Super!
Meanwhile I text the sales person telling him that my lawyer tried to reach out to them, he asks "why lawyer". I said, well, I didn't get a proof that my car is total, and Ford insists it isn't. And from that point he ignores me.

To me it sounded like they didn't want to sell to me at the price agreed (MSRP and a decent trade in value on my truck). because now the bronco price is higher. Cool.
I am attaching the only "proof" they gave me claiming my car is total loss.

I usually do not give up so quickly. I tracked down the CEO of the entire automotive group (they have several dealerships of several manufactures). And contacted him directly. Hi sir, Ari Gold is here. and this is my story. I also mention lawyer, shareholder and the fact that the order is under my name.
The guy replied quickly, and informed me he will look into it.

Surprise, today I get a call. "we will get you an expedited order of the "same vehicle"". Ha.
What is "same vehicle"? the exact same vehicle.
So I ask you this.
1. Is it possible that a car was total at Ford possession but Ford themselves are not aware of it? they insist (Ford) that there's no such case. Ford insists the car is at their lot, about to be go on carrier to dealer, and no total loss. Dealer insists total loss.
2. Replacement order - I understand it might need to be completely identical, but anyone had experience here with how long it take to get a replacement order on an alleged total loss bronco? especially as I know they do not take new orders?
3. What do you think really happened here? I did blacked out the vin number on the photo attached, but the vin on the file does match the vin of the vehicle.
4. What are the chances that the "replacement vehicle" will have the exact same "VIN" of my original ordered bronco ? :)

Thank you for your time, stay safe.

IMG_7574.jpg
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your dealer was lying and wanting to sell it for adm to someone else. I would personally leave a negative review but wait until after you take possession.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My .02. Dealer is lying. They came up with a story 99/100 people would’ve bought and never taken the steps you did to expose the lie. Now they’re caught and committed to their lie so will do whatever it takes at this point. Guess you could continue to be creative to get to the truth.

Most dealers, next to politicians are the scummiest people on earth. They are trained liars.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

More likely Ford is the one lying. I won't recap my story here, easy to find. But a vehicle that we know doesn't exist is still being updated for... Shipping next week..... This since December!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have no $ in the game, you came out OK. Run, don't walk away from that dealer...

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

95% chance the dealer sold your order to someone else with money down. Remember they only have to name match a certain % of orders to not loose future allocations.
Sponsored