First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They might be right. My dealer was charging dealer markups when converting reservations to orders. When they finally agreed to MSRP for me in writing I “magically” had to do two more reservations for them to be able to convert my order because “something” kept happening. I have no constraints on my build and no date in sight. My dealer sucks.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in January or February, I stopped by the nearest dealer, less than one mile away, sales guy literally told me if I wasn't "going to buy something today " he didn't want to "deal with me."

Dealer 30 miles away did invoice..... 🙄

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
They’re saving about $3-4k and there is more than just the Iowa deal out there.
Invoice minus $2k is about $2500 off MSRP. Subtract $1600 to ship to Phoenix. I still have to pay AZ taxes, so actual savings is under $1k. Plus I now have to deal with MVD myself, which probably means taking a half day off work.

Great deal if you live a lot closer though.

Small dealer outside of town said they would add ADM (bye)

Large dealer closes to me said MSRP, but wouldn't commit in writing to no Dealer-add-ons. (they are infamous for BS charges like VIN etching)

Medium size dealer said MSRP. Went with them. Also, our sales tax varies from town to town, so you can easilly spend several hundred extra just by picking a dealer in a higher tax city. Mine has the 2nd lowest in the state.

Last edited:

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of experts. Guess you'll have to wait and see what extra accessories they want to slap on and the list of extra fees. It'll all be pretty much the same for everyone at the end of the day. Even if those dealers get a few extra deliveries that are nothing compared to the reservations/orders made already. For a bunch of die-hards that must have this thing, kinda think it's funny haggling over 1-2k.
$4400 savings off MSRP for my build. I'm willing to wait for that amount of savings especially since I was in no particular rush in the first place.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can tell you after being a new car dealer that markups from the manufacturer are not much nowadays. Most new car dealers get hold back of maybe 3% of invoice plus their markup. I learned the business from an honest dealer and even when we had special editions we never charged over MSRP. His logic was if you bleed the cow a little at a time it'll be around for a while but if you bleed it out you'll never get milk again. We lived on repeat business. I ordered mine at a reputable dealer that has been around for nearly a century and they are not charging over MSRP which I have no problem with. I reserved 2 Broncos. The first one came up with the wrong dealer. I had experience with them charging $10K over MSRP of Raptors so I canceled that one and reserved another at an honest dealer. My logic is that I would rather wait than get screwed. As far as taking a dealer to court for raising a price it's a tall order. I have won cases like that for dealerships because most states will allow a dealer to sell at "current market value". Your best bet is to find an honest dealer to start with even if it means a longer wait. Be wary of large discounts and remember if it sounds too good to be true it most likely is.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a printed order sheet with agreed pricing, signed by the dealer. This guy was a slimeball and yes, did confirm I made the right choice.

BTW, as a shock to no one, the staff was absolutely clueless on anything Bronco. Too many examples to list. I despise most car salesmen.
Best revenge....when you take delivery drive through that dealers lot, and wave at 'am. :)

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a printed order sheet with agreed pricing, signed by the dealer. This guy was a slimeball and yes, did confirm I made the right choice.

BTW, as a shock to no one, the staff was absolutely clueless on anything Bronco. Too many examples to list. I despise most car salesmen.
I feel the absolute same about car salesmen. I kinda did the same thing--visited the dealer closest to work instead of where I ordered. I haven't heard a thing from anyone at my dealer. But, the sales guy there was so impressed with all the things about the Bronco I was pointing out to my buddies that he said "Start it up...let's take it around the block real quick." I was ecstatic!

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. Shipping from IA to Phoenix is about $1500. Most of my actual savings would be on the rediculous DOC FEES that AZ allows dealers to charge.
Compared to my local dealer, the savings in doc fees just about covers the shipping cost to Colorado.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I still have an extra 2k under invoice reservation with Granger, its in my back pocket for safe keeping. I am down to two outs :)

Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Spoken like either: 1) A dealer who is mad he’s getting out competed in the market, or 2) A guy getting a crap deal and trying to feel better about it.
Ford Bronco Dealer laughed in my face 1625578931964

"...don't simply justify your lack of effort based on bogus theories that make you feel better."
Whoa dude, you trying to kill the ad revenue around here?! lol. ;)

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bottom line is it’s a sales person job to manipulate you into buying from them. They say all kinds of stuff that’s not true. I had a sales person tell me once if I bought the other car I was considering that I would need hip surgery within a year because of how low the seats were. I don’t see why a dealer wouldn’t want to position themselves as a volume dealer by offering a lower price

Mike Zike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acadia Denali ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There might be a few that try to weasel out of an agreed price, especially now with the extra delays. In the end, no good dealership would do that or knowingly let one of their salespeople do that. First of all, if it’s a bona fide offer in writing, they’re breaking the law in many places to alter the deal. Otherwise, most dealerships will honor It because word of mouth travels fast and far when they don’t.

Even selling at invoice, dealerships are making money. They will make a lot more in the long run if they sell 100 Broncos at invoice than if they sell 20 at MSRP or a handful with ADM. Ford does not want dealerships selling over MSRP on these, even with the production shortfalls and demand. There is huge pressure on the dealerships to not price gouge customers. And it seems most all are honoring their pricing at MSRP (some with a few extra crappy fees to nickel and dime the customer). So custom orders are pretty safe. As we’ve seen with the Bronco Sport, some people jump ship and buy something else and when that custom order comes in, it gets put in general inventory and with a huge mark-up.

It makes sense to offer a great deal to reel in customers and increase your product/cash flow, increase your customer base and subsequent good reviews, free advertising, etc.. Just look at the community support Granger Ford has generated on these forums.
Do you think 25k over MSRP is reasonable, rayskillman ford martinsville in.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Standard dealer bullcrap. The dealer that stole my reservation and converted it to an order without my permission played that game with me. First they pretended like they didn't know what happened, I called them out on it and they said it was an accident and asked what it would take to keep my order with them if they could fix it.

I told them they needed to match my existing pricing below MSRP with another dealer and they laughed. Told me no one was doing that, which I corrected them on. Then they asked why I'd wanna do that - that would drive prices down and put me underwater immediately. It was at this point I realized there was no way these idiots were getting my order so I went above their heads and had Ford cancel it on them.

Now, almost 4 months later, I'm still waiting on my timestamps to be merged because I had to make a new order due to the first one getting stolen.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best revenge....when you take delivery drive through that dealers lot, and wave at 'am. :)
Couldn’t agree more!

When I bought my Audi in 2018, I checked out my local Audi dealership first (obviously). After walking around the lot, and then finding a salesperson myself, I could tell he didn’t want to give me the time of day. Probably because I was a younger guy, dressing in cargo shorts and a t-shirt… I was so annoyed.

I decided to Google another Audi dealership, and found one a bit further away but had solid reviews. I ended up loving the experience there and ended up buying from them.

Moral of the story: Don’t judge a book by its cover. Just because someone is younger and may not be “dressed for success” doesn’t mean they can’t afford things. Let the customer make that decision.

Gave me great joy driving by that first dealership in my new Audi, even if it was just for personal satisfaction and nobody else noticed lol.
Sponsored