First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went to visit and check in with the dealership I have reserved with today. After checking in I asked if there was any thing I would have to pay above MSRP. I was then informed that they do a "mandatory" new vehicle protection package for $1299.00. He stated this was done on every new vehicle. Is this something to worry about it can I just refuse it?
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If they don't allow you to refuse it (assuming you don't want it) then I'd say switch dealers. Because it's just another way for them to make some extra money on bullshit.

Sponsored

secretg

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Nissan Leaf :)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to visit and check in with the dealership I have reserved with today. After checking in I asked if there was any thing I would have to pay above MSRP. I was then informed that they do a "mandatory" new vehicle protection package for $1299.00. He stated this was done on every new vehicle. Is this something to worry about it can I just refuse it?
Which dealership did you go to? So that we know to avoid that dealer like the plague lol.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If my dealer tried something like that they would instantly lose a sale. I would think that Ford is very interested in getting non-Ford customers to buy the Bronco, so mandatory additional pricing is NOT the way to do that. I have never owned a Ford, and before the Bronco there is zero chance I would ever buy a Ford. If they blew it trying to nickel and dime me for BS charges then I would never give Ford another look. I have nothing against Ford and they make great cars but the Bronco has my interest......until for whatever reason it doesn't.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you start negotiating at MSRP? You never start high.

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my experience, with these types of dealers they may be magnanimous and just charge you the 1299 without actually giving you the protection package if you push the issue. (How kind of then, right?)

This is not the dealer for you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattcoleman45

Mattcoleman45

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to revisit tomorrow to make sure he was mistaken! Lol
I will update if he holds to the BS and put them onto the interwebs to lose all of their reservations due to greediness.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell them you have a mandatory $1300 discount. Any games they want to play you can play too my friend.

The way I see it, if a dealer is straight with you, maybe they say "look, we need a bit of profit, can do MSRP, no extra bs, exactly as advertised and have you on the street in your bronco in an hour" then I'm inclined to say fuck it, that's honest and a fair deal. When they go in with "mandatory" extras or shady fees and just start insulting your intelligence, I'm out.
Sponsored