First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All good. I don’t want to make any enemies on here. I love Ford aa much as I do the Bronco and generally anyone that feels the same way as me on that. I do employ over 200 people over 5 dealerships and I can tell you we do run a good business and also do our best to be a strong supporter in our community. I always say talk is cheap and that’s why I really avoid these types of forums. That said, my passion for the Bronco is why I am here and posted to begin with. Just want people to understand that a lot of dealers are good people, good employers and most of all strong supporters of the communities they reside in. I am sure you have had a poor experience and are justified as to why you distrust dealers. I get it and I cannot change that but I can tell you we work really hard so that people’s buying experience is positive at our stores. Are we perfect? Absolutely not, but we work hard and try our best to treat everyone like they are part of our family. I sincerely hope you have a great Buying experience with your new Bronco. It is truly a special vehicle and so worth your wait. If you have my questions or need any help please reach out. Enjoy It!
Cheers
Sponsored

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thats all fine and dandy, and certainly within your right to shop around, just don’t be one of those guys that drives four states away to save $200, even though the other dealer is probably getting the same or more in “doc” fees or some other hidden line item, (which is less than 3 cents per month over an 84 month loan BTW) only to have some $1000+ sensor or module crap out at mileage 36001, and then expect your local dealer to float you a goodwill repair. Loyalty goes both ways.
Your warranty is good nationwide. The dealer that works on it gets paid by ford to fix it. The dealer is never out any money

FrogGrabber

Black Diamond
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: 2012 Wrangler, 2015 JKUR, ‘70 Jeepster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jeep dealer here had $1600 in add ons when I bought my wife a grand Cherokee including wheel locks, paint protection, even detailing!

I told salesman we weren’t paying for any of that. He asked me if I wanted it delivered without it being cleaned. I basically just laughed. Slime balls.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Every vehicle I've ordered I have told the dealer (which have been a few) I want just like it was delivered with nothing extra including the dealer sticker they love to put on the back of every vehicle for advertising. All have been good about that except for the Raptor and it had the dealer sticker: yep made them take off no sweat.
Since this will be the same dealer as where I got the Raptor, I don't expect much issue except for the finance office where they will want to sell me stuff I don't need.

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thread cleaned up. To the thread combatants -- please place each other on your respective ignore lists or move on to another discussion.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I believe the only advantage of N in tires is for changes in temp your pressures wont change as much. So that is why Race car drivers like Indy and Nascar use it so they can plan better for the air pressure as the tires heat up.(if I am thinking correctly)
If you work it out, for 5 315/70/17 tires the nitrogen is about 3 oz lighter, total. you have to be pretty far out on the performance edge for 0.6 oz per tire (on 80-90 lb wheel and tire combos) to matter. The water makes a bit of difference, but again, mostly to race cars unless there is no water separator, dryer or filter in the compressor line and you are basically shooting liquid water into the tire with the air. If it is free, great, won't pay extra for it.
If you must have nitrogen...
Nitrogen is free at Costco and at some car dealerships we called, but these are rare cases. We called a number of tire shops that carry nitrogen and found that the prices for a nitrogen fill ranged from $7 to $10 per tire.
https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/should-you-fill-your-cars-tires-with-nitrogen.html
Better yet, get helium, the tire lift reduces your cars weight by 7.3% and increases your gas mileage by 14%.

/s

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So you are ordering a bronco and they are saying your can't have it without them molesting it first?? WTF! I am a dealer in southern Indiana and we don't play those games. No add, no doc, no B/S. Tell them to stuff the etch and anything else they are trying to add on. Jesus, no wonder people hate dealers.
Hi, I live in Indianapolis and just placed my reservation with Andy Mohr. What are you quoting people? We have until October to change dealers, so would be willing to switch if I can get a better deal.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe a lot of dealers are going to get "stock" units by charging so many silly fees people walk away from their order. Then they can mark it up as much as they want. Refuse the charges, no vehicle for you. The last two dealers I've been to have said right up front, the doc fee is (high number, don't remember it), nothing I can do to change it.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

oof good luck capitol ford will not even answer my emails.
I bought my F350, factory order and paid dealer invoice at Parkway Ford in Winston-Salem. Now granted, that was 2002.

In 2006 I factory ordered and paid dealer invoice for a Focus ZX-3 at University Ford.

Might wanna call around....

kingblotto

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
audi q7, GMC yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in the market for a his and hers Grand Cherokee when the wife and I got married and had a dealer try to tack on $400 per vehicle for etching, I told the sales rep I wasnt paying it and he told me "man, you're taking food out of my kids mouth." My response was "And you think my kid is supposed to starve so your kid can eat?" He was dumbfounded like no one ever told him that before.

Sponsored

yankee hat with no brim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All good. I don’t want to make any enemies on here. I love Ford aa much as I do the Bronco and generally anyone that feels the same way as me on that. I do employ over 200 people over 5 dealerships and I can tell you we do run a good business and also do our best to be a strong supporter in our community. I always say talk is cheap and that’s why I really avoid these types of forums. That said, my passion for the Bronco is why I am here and posted to begin with. Just want people to understand that a lot of dealers are good people, good employers and most of all strong supporters of the communities they reside in. I am sure you have had a poor experience and are justified as to why you distrust dealers. I get it and I cannot change that but I can tell you we work really hard so that people’s buying experience is positive at our stores. Are we perfect? Absolutely not, but we work hard and try our best to treat everyone like they are part of our family. I sincerely hope you have a great Buying experience with your new Bronco. It is truly a special vehicle and so worth your wait. If you have my questions or need any help please reach out. Enjoy It!
Cheers
Will you match the Granger deal?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading that Ford has received 230,000+ Bronco reservations, I have decided to get in line and reserve one.

I was looking at my local dealers website and they charging $199 for “Capital Nitro Advantage” which is nothing more than filling the tires with nitrogen.

Because I flat out refuse to pay 200 dollars for nitrogen in my tires that will be immediately let out to air down and drive off road, I started looking into other dealerships.

It gets worse: Crossroads Ford is charging $497 for “dealer installed package that includes Ford Protect Surface Care, Llumar Door Edge Guards and Door Handle Cups.”

I don’t want these fees forced on me during purchase and am now starting to understand why some buyers are shunning their local dealers and going several states away so they aren’t ripped off.

My question is has anyone been able to negotiate and not have to pay for these BS additions?

EDIT: I would also welcome any dealer recommendations. I am located in central NC, but don’t mind driving to get a deal.
I've turned down nitro and the security panel etching. Took delivery, all the panels were already etched (but maybe not registered with database or something?)
As for the nitro, they probably just put green Stem caps on!

Ddtcm81

Big Bend
First Name
Tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought my F350, factory order and paid dealer invoice at Parkway Ford in Winston-Salem. Now granted, that was 2002.

In 2006 I factory ordered and paid dealer invoice for a Focus ZX-3 at University Ford.

Might wanna call around....
similar experience at parkway- 1999 F-150

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe a lot of dealers are going to get "stock" units by charging so many silly fees people walk away from their order. Then they can mark it up as much as they want. Refuse the charges, no vehicle for you. The last two dealers I've been to have said right up front, the doc fee is (high number, don't remember it), nothing I can do to change it.
This is my concern also. Basically, the dealers will just say "OK" to my refusal to pay their extra BS fees knowing they can sell the hottest new vehicle in town off their lot tomorrow to some rich guy who doesn't care about the extra $495 or whatever.

@VermontBroncoMan Do you think that's a likely scenario if people with Bronco reservations end up at a scammy dealer slapping on high ADMs? Even though my local dealer says they won't charge ADMs, I can tell you right now that the salesman who says he'll be helping me through the process is borderline sleazy just by how he responded to me in emails. It's definitely all about him, not me.
Sponsored