Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t forget about price protection depending when you first ordered the bronco.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To me that means they are slime ball dealer and wouldn’t trust they did anything. Did they in fact do anything coating wise. If ceramic outside it should have been paint corrected first. When I prepped my bronco I found no less than 20 imperfections that should not be ceramic coated over. You can’t just wipe the stuff on and be like here it’s done. I don’t believe for a second a dealer would put a ceramic coating on properly as it take hours if not a day or two of preparation to properly do a ceramic Coating. Dealers don’t want to spend a dime extra for anything.

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's pretty sad that we have to become experts in consumer advocacy laws to not get taken advantage of. The amount of time spent and stress endured during this whole process has me hoping it's all worth it.

I'm in a position where I absolutely need a new vehicle so the benefit impact will be felt immediately. But if I didn't need a car but was in the market for a new toy essentially, It would be more trouble than it's worth.

Good luck OP. If that happened to me now, I would probably try to elevate it up to the owner of the dealership stating that my order does not include add-ons and the money spent on the coating is the dealers loss. If that doesn't work I would ask for proof that it was applied, then follow a similar path as @Bobby_Boulevard.

wiingnut

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F-350 , '19 Mustang GT , '22 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've read countless posts of so many members getting screwed by their dealers, and it sucks!! I dealt with a deceitful dealer in 1994 and had my issue resolved, but not before I threatened with bringing in a news crew.

I changed dealers, and I've been dealing with them and the same salesman since 1996. They've ALWAYS treated my family in a first-class manner. I wish the best of luck to everyone who has had to deal with these crooked clowns.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buy vehicle. Run while you can. You will get a dealer survey after purchase that will go to Ford and the owner/management of the dealership. Rip them a new one. You might get a phone call for an apology and check for the 1400 interior spray. The survey could affect their rebates offered and allocation.
I did this exactly. They hit with with a $5,000 ADM. I lit them up on the Ford survey that I got a few days later. I got a call from the dealer owner about 45 minutes after I hit send. They sent me a check for the $5K plus tax.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ask if you can pay the extras with a credit card. Then after taking delivery, dispute the charge!!!
That will not work btw. Disputing a charge will not absolve you from items you received and signed for.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was very clear with my dealer that I didn't want any of the add-ons, so they didn't perform any of them. Instead they charged me for them anyway, then told me that they didn't. They were even itemized on my finance statement, and the finance guy STILL told me I wasn't being charged. It's like they just lie out of habit. Even after I highlighted the charges he denied that I was being charged for those things. I spent almost three hours in finance over it.

PXL_20221013_223951727.jpg

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

and then the credit card will investigate and the dealer proves that they did the work and he signed off on it and the charges get reinstated...this is bad advice dude.
OP is being forced to buy stuff he doesn't want on his order, I bet that would come into play, it's blackmailing the buyer!

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2022 Cyber Orange finally arrived, and I went to take delivery today to find out that the dealer had tried to add on over $10,000 in unwanted add-ons and accessories. I was able to get them to remove all of them but the ceramic exterior and whatever interior sealant they put on it - still $1400 more than what I had ordered it for.

I plan to call Ford first thing tomorrow and complain, but is there anything at all that they can even do at this point? The dealer kept saying "Well it's on already so I can't take it off." I don't want to give this dealer my business - this is the latest in a long line of issues, but I am screwed at this point because they'd rather that I walk away so they can sell it at a $20k-$30k markup anyhow!

For those curious, this is Frontier Ford on Stevens Creek in Santa Clara - they use disgusting tactics and I advise that NOBODY ever buy a car from them.
Just moore shady dealer bullshit! I bought my Bronco from The Ford Store in Morgan Hill no BS and sold at MSRP! Sorry you have to deal with this.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be sure to get the document from whomever applied the interior and exterior treatments that confirms it was applied and explains their associated warranty.
On the positive side, I chose to have this treatment package on my Badlands, particularly the ceramic paint treatment & rust proofing. It does make a difference in appearance and keeping the vehicle clean. I wouldn’t have purchased the interior treatment but it was a package deal and was cheaper than buying the treatments individually.
On the downside, my dealer (whom is awesome and offered this as an option) charged me $695 which included ceramic paint treatment, interior treatment, and exterior underside rust preventative treatment. Your dealer seems to be hosing you on the price regardless of it’s worth.

Sponsored

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP is being forced to buy stuff he doesn't want on his order, I bet that would come into play, it's blackmailing the buyer!
Then his recourse is to walk. Not to ACCEPT the terms they presented and then dispute the charge later. He will 100% not win a dispute.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then his recourse is to walk. Not to ACCEPT the terms they presented and then dispute the charge later. He will 100% not win a dispute.
You do realize that these are our broncos, if it wasn't for us pre-ordereding and putting down a deposit, the dealer wouldn't have a Bronco to sell! We as people need to quit rolling over and getting screwed! Fight for what's right...

One of many problems that is the world we live in today...

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do realize that these are our broncos, if it wasn't for us pre-ordereding and putting down a deposit, the dealer wouldn't have a Bronco to sell!
Not accurate. It's not yours until you sign the papers on your accepted deal. It's Fords and then it's the dealers. The dealer can sell it to you and at that point it's yours. Not 1 minute before.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Several people have had this done.
One suggestion - if you haven't taken delivery - is to specify that you want it AS IT CAME OFF THE TRUCK - plastic on the seats and all (just let them put gas in it - lol - $50 back in your pocket). You can PDI it yourself and then will avoid them trying to charge for all these mystical enhancements like AIR in the tires (the air we breathe is already 78% Nitrogen) and clear coat protector (wax) and Scotch Guard ($8). That's just how they make more money - other than the OBVIOUS ADM so many have had to absorb. It's slimy, but that's just how they operate.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not accurate. It's not yours until you sign the papers on your accepted deal. It's Fords and then it's the dealers. The dealer can sell it to you and at that point it's yours. Not 1 minute before.
You and I both know that is not how Ford wanted these orders to go, they were ours from the moment we put that $100 down on the pre order. Ford communicated directly with us via emails, sent us pictures of our Bronco's coming off the assembly line, etc. Again, pre order Bronco's would never be going to a dealer without our pre orders, period!
Sponsored