Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After reading that Ford has received 230,000+ Bronco reservations, I have decided to get in line and reserve one.

I was looking at my local dealers website and they charging $199 for “Capital Nitro Advantage” which is nothing more than filling the tires with nitrogen.

Because I flat out refuse to pay 200 dollars for nitrogen in my tires that will be immediately let out to air down and drive off road, I started looking into other dealerships.

It gets worse: Crossroads Ford is charging $497 for “dealer installed package that includes Ford Protect Surface Care, Llumar Door Edge Guards and Door Handle Cups.”

I don’t want these fees forced on me during purchase and am now starting to understand why some buyers are shunning their local dealers and going several states away so they aren’t ripped off.

My question is has anyone been able to negotiate and not have to pay for these BS additions?

EDIT: I would also welcome any dealer recommendations. I am located in central NC, but don’t mind driving to get a deal.
I am going to Mullinax Ford in Florida, itll only be MSRP of Bronco + Tax Tag etc...(government fees, no BS fees.) Already confirmed with dealer prior to changing order + a friend recommended them too.
Sponsored

max6spd

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Bronco Owner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am in VA and I go out of state as VA charges a dealer doc fee of $699. NY state charges $75.

I purchased my GEN1 and GEN2 Raptor from NY at invoice and plan to buy my Bronco from the same dealership. I know this dealership well and they already said they will sell the bronco to me at invoice and perhaps even lower.
I’m in NY. Which dealer?

max6spd

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Bronco Owner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As soon as I find out their pricing I will let you know. They are still deciding what to sell the Bronco at. I will let you know.
I didn’t realize dealerships had the option to pick and choose which models they can sell. I know they can limit the quantity numbers, but I didn’t think zero would have been an option.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dealerships def sets the price. Remember a dealership makes "Holdback" which for Ford is 3% of the selling price.

SO 3% of invoice is less than 3% of sticker and much less than 3% of AFM over sticker.

BTW .. this is why Granger was able to set their bronco pricing at $1000 below invoice.

BUT in Granger's example there is more profit in the long term because their strategy in to move many UNITS and even though "holdback" is less per unit BUT if you move 1000 units then it starts to add up.

I hope that makes sense.

I didn’t realize dealerships had the option to pick and choose which models they can sell. I know they can limit the quantity numbers, but I didn’t think zero would have been an option.

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Negotiate the pricing before you place the order. I would never place a "special" order for anything without knowing what the charges were. Vehicles are no different.

I'm going to get my final pricing for the vehicle in writing before I place the order. If they won't remove all the BS fees, add ons etc., I won't place the order. I won't get my Bronco for a while but the dealer won't get my Bronco to sell on the lot either.

VermontBroncoMan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would say you can take the dealer at their word but you should be able to get it in writing.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading that Ford has received 230,000+ Bronco reservations, I have decided to get in line and reserve one.

I was looking at my local dealers website and they charging $199 for “Capital Nitro Advantage” which is nothing more than filling the tires with nitrogen.

Because I flat out refuse to pay 200 dollars for nitrogen in my tires that will be immediately let out to air down and drive off road, I started looking into other dealerships.

It gets worse: Crossroads Ford is charging $497 for “dealer installed package that includes Ford Protect Surface Care, Llumar Door Edge Guards and Door Handle Cups.”

I don’t want these fees forced on me during purchase and am now starting to understand why some buyers are shunning their local dealers and going several states away so they aren’t ripped off.

My question is has anyone been able to negotiate and not have to pay for these BS additions?

EDIT: I would also welcome any dealer recommendations. I am located in central NC, but don’t mind driving to get a deal.

Nitrogen in tires on a vehicle that is meant to be taken off road where you air the tires down? Are they legally retarded?

Laser etching on every vehicle is a lie. You're ordering direct from Ford, it doesn't come that way from the factory. Be there when it's delivered.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I believe the only advantage of N in tires is for changes in temp your pressures wont change as much. So that is why Race car drivers like Indy and Nascar use it so they can plan better for the air pressure as the tires heat up.(if I am thinking correctly)
My Jeep has nitrogen on the first set of tires. I am in NC so the temperature doesn’t get that cold, but the first cold week the pressure warning lights were still going off. Even for the Mallsquatchers who will never air down out there, nitrogen in a big tire gets you nothing.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've just been calling around my surrounding areas, I'm around Columbus OH and so far they are all the same. They will except xplan, no ADM and possible veteran/ military discount if eligible. I haven't dealt with add on crap so far but I'm sure they will find a way the closer we get to the end of the year!
The “Finance” guy - you’ve seen and driven your car and signed your deal. They know you are sold. And then - WHAM - would you like a service package? Simonized coatings? Extended warranty? Tire and wheel warranties?

Just walk in the “Finance” office with the word “no” on your lips.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Go to their website and see if there's fine print anywhere. It's on all 3 of the local Ford dealers here.....at the very bottom of the main page.

Fine print.png
Ok, but that is for cars in inventory. When you custom order your car, before you sign the line, you tell them not to add this dealer installed add ons and make sure that cost is not in the price quoted on your order agreement.

Jay20NJ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The “Finance” guy - you’ve seen and driven your car and signed your deal. They know you are sold. And then - WHAM - would you like a service package? Simonized coatings? Extended warranty? Tire and wheel warranties?

Just walk in the “Finance” office with the word “no” on your lips.
About Tire and Wheel.......I think that has saved me in my last 2 vehicles from having to pay for new tires cause the nails were too close to the sidewalls. I was wondering what is the better option for tire protection outside the dealership add on?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the things my dealer touts is no bs fees or doc fees. I was told they will not sell above MSRP and take X-Plan if available. I will not hesitate for a second to buy from either another dealer or another brand completely if they try to screw me.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

About Tire and Wheel.......I think that has saved me in my last 2 vehicles from having to pay for new tires cause the nails were too close to the sidewalls. I was wondering what is the better option for tire protection outside the dealership add on?
Price tire protection at Discount Tire, etc before you go in to the dealer, and also tire cost. The $1000 wheel and tire package Audi was offering my wife made no sense unless she ran over a curb and bent all 4 rims.

Also read the fine print to see if it includes off road damage ... on any additional warranty you’re considering.

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, but that is for cars in inventory. When you custom order your car, before you sign the line, you tell them not to add this dealer installed add ons and make sure that cost is not in the price quoted on your order agreement.

Which is what I suggested to the person asking a few pages back. He just asked where I had seen this info so I shared where I found it.
Sponsored