First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unfortunately, I think "mandatory add-ons" are going to be a lot more widespread than people may believe. Dealerships are independent businesses and it is against the law for Ford to mandate price points. The short story is that dealerships can do what they want. That said, there's no doubt in my mind that Ford is doing everything in their power to encourage dealerships to sell the Bronco at MSRP. So, many dealerships will unfortunately get into the "add-on" game. Unwittingly, Ford will be making this a bit easier with the availability of many Ford-labeled aftermarket parts at the time of sale. While pre-ordered Broncos may be slightly more immune to this practice, I'd wager that 50% or more of the Ford dealerships will be finding creative ways to pad the price way North of MSRP.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way I see it, if a dealer is straight with you, maybe they say "look, we need a bit of profit, can do MSRP, no extra bs, exactly as advertised and have you on the street in your bronco in an hour" then I'm inclined to say fuck it, that's honest and a fair deal. When they go in with "mandatory" extras or shady fees and just start insulting your intelligence, I'm out.
My last new vehicle purchase, a loaded 2016 F150 King Ranch, was negotiated by text and closed by email. The first time I seen the truck was when it was dropped off in my driveway. Gave it a once over, signed some doc's and they were gone. Took about 5 minutes, was 13k under msrp and scored 0%. A rare situation that was more timing than negotiating skill but there are good dealerships out there.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I went to visit and check in with the dealership I have reserved with today. After checking in I asked if there was any thing I would have to pay above MSRP. I was then informed that they do a "mandatory" new vehicle protection package for $1299.00. He stated this was done on every new vehicle. Is this something to worry about it can I just refuse it?
My dealer told me that have not given any details on pricing yet, and I tend to believe them. I'm a long tome customer . Have you purchased from this dealer before?

OP
OP
Mattcoleman45

Mattcoleman45

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer told me that have not given any details on pricing yet, and I tend to believe them. I'm a long tome customer . Have you purchased from this dealer before?
I have not. Actually this is my first time buying a brand new vehicle altogether...much less a "special order" type. I've always had the mind set of waiting for a few years for the better price but I just couldn't help myself with the BRONCO! Lol
Needless to say I'm a rookie at all of this even being long in the tooth.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not. Actually this is my first time buying a brand new vehicle altogether...much less a "special order" type. I've always had the mind set of waiting for a few years for the better price but I just couldn't help myself with the BRONCO! Lol
Needless to say I'm a rookie at all of this even being long in the tooth.
You will do fine, just remember your favorite word is NO and you owe the salesperson nothing for their time...

So deep breath and do not fret it, not as hard as it seems..

Sponsored

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A lot of dealers add that bs. Most if not all hit you with a doc fee. Nothing reasonable like 100, but like 799. Imagine buying groceries and being hit with a check out fee.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I went to visit and check in with the dealership I have reserved with today. After checking in I asked if there was any thing I would have to pay above MSRP. I was then informed that they do a "mandatory" new vehicle protection package for $1299.00. He stated this was done on every new vehicle. Is this something to worry about it can I just refuse it?
I never heard of that, my dealer is not doing that, and I would tell the dealer politely that if it is "mandatory" you will find another dealer before October 31.

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is price gouging plain and simple, if this is their policy. You should look at the list of dealers on this site that are shown not to be charging above MSRP and change your reservation.

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said the same thing. He said, "way too early" and "we don't even have VINs yet" as if that f*ing matters. And then he proceeded to tell me that they have a huge list of customers waiting to buy any Broncos people like me decide not to buy. I mean, WOW. It was pretty obnoxious. I want to buy local but not if they don't see any reason to be 100% honest with their local customers.

If Granger and other dealers can put an offer and/or basic pricing concept out there now, the idea that it's too early because Ford hasn't finalized pricing is only an obstacle in their mind, not mine. They just want us to wait as long as possible, feeling unsure, until it's too late to change dealers. After Oct. 31, anyone not using X-Plan who doesn't have a solid, in-writing explanation of their dealer's offer is going to get up-charged. Only dealers who are honest and fair -- and there still are a few, thank God -- are going to do that for their customers.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealer said the same thing. He said, "way too early" and "we don't even have VINs yet" as if that f*ing matters. And then he proceeded to tell me that they have a huge list of customers waiting to buy any Broncos people like me decide not to buy. I mean, WOW. It was pretty obnoxious. I want to buy local but not if they don't see any reason to be 100% honest with their local customers.

If Granger and other dealers can put an offer and/or basic pricing concept out there now, the idea that it's too early because Ford hasn't finalized pricing is only an obstacle in their mind, not mine. They just want us to wait as long as possible, feeling unsure, until it's too late to change dealers. After Oct. 31, anyone not using X-Plan who doesn't have a solid, in-writing explanation of their dealer's offer is going to get up-charged. Only dealers who are honest and fair -- and there still are a few, thank God -- are going to do that for their customers.
This is getting scary. I mean at this point even if you have everything in writing prior to Nov, what's to stop them from making up a new fee or adding something else in after once you are locked into the dealership? Would X-Plan even prevent something like that? At the end of the day, their goal may very well be to get you to drop the order and sell above MSRP

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is getting scary. I mean at this point even if you have everything in writing prior to Nov, what's to stop them from making up a new fee or adding something else in after once you are locked into the dealership? Would X-Plan even prevent something like that? At the end of the day, their goal may very well be to get you to drop the order and sell above MSRP
Yes, X-Plan caps documentation fees at $100 and includes a $275 administrative fee (these numbers may vary by state) the customer does not pay. The fees end up very reasonable, compared with some I have seen. Then you get everything on your invoice at 0.4% below invoice cost.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

And based on my dealer's attitude, I think that's exactly what they want. When I asked about their pricing plans (invoice, MSRP, ADMs) I was told: "we actually have a client list as long as the ordered product list waiting to purchase any that come in from clients who choose not to buy"
Sponsored

Last edited: