BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you do not agree with it or your ethics and moral practices are not in my line of thinking that's fine.
Our ethics are definitely not in line because I don't find anything unethical, dishonorable or morally deceptive about it.

Ford Bronco Dealer not selling me my Bronco Screenshot_20210817-212953
Sponsored

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. So how is it unethical when the OP sells it?

The guy is not buying the last loaf of bread off the shelf and re-selling to a single mom with hungry kids for more money. That's unethical. Buying a luxury item and re-selling at a profit to someone who is willingly paying for it and "who wants the vehicle for their own use and enjoyment" is good business sense. No matter how many people on this forum get their feelings hurt over it.
Love this hypothetical. $50k car for an enthusiast on a waitlist vs loaf of bread for starving family. Clearly two different scenarios, but why?

So the conversation now has moved away from legality and into morality (which everyone is sure to disagree about, and that’s okay). Just want to state some facts here to lay the foundation for that. I think these are probably something we all can agree to:
1. OP at least stated that his original intentions were to keep the car.
2. OP stated he since had financial hardships which led him to consider taking the profits from a flip of the bronco rather than keeping it for himself (his intentions then changed).
3. He then planned to accept the additional money that a (likely wealthy, or very excited) enthusiast would pay for the truck.
4. If he is unable to take delivery of the truck it will be sold by the dealer, likely again at market value to a likely wealthy or very excited enthusiast.

It seems to me, again not passing judgement on the “right and wrong” of it, that if either he or the dealership sells the car, the ultimate owner is basically unchanged, and the amount they pay for the Bronco is about the same. just ends up in someone else’s pocket. Both the dealer and the OP are better off monetarily if they’re the one that gets to sell the truck.

The thing most haven’t talked much about that I think is interesting is that Ford has played a big role in shutting down flippers of their vehicles (and many would agree rightfully so). They want everyone to get a Bronco according to their interest (ie reservation timestamp), not based on the money they can shell out to get one first. Hats off to them there- they’re creating a disincentive for people profiting from early sales of their vehicles. Even poor John Cena (who couldn’t physically fit in his Ford GT?) wasn’t beyond their reach. So Ford’s intention is interesting and probably noble here.

As for the results of Ford’s actions it’s also easy to point to their failure to deliver and meet demand as being a large reason for this secondary market in the first place. If they quickly and effectively sold us the Broncos we wanted, there would be way less reason for anyone to want to pay a premium and less reason for anyone to want to sell for one.

In other words, and this is my opinion now, Ford needs to sell some Broncos. (Shocker for everyone, I know.) For the sake of their bottom line, for the sake of competitive advantage vs Wrangler, for the sake of enthusiasts gnashing their teeth, for the sake of their own reputation. Secondary markets show up when demand is way higher than supply. Pretty safe to say that’s the case here. Love it, hate it, or don’t care, incentives for people to resell will continue as long as this is true.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Our ethics are definitely not in line because I don't find anything unethical, dishonorable or morally deceptive about it.

Ford Bronco Dealer not selling me my Bronco Screenshot_20210817-212953
Who knew the Bronco was a incredible off-road machine and could make up for poor life decisions.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Low point 2015, long before reservations opened.

“needs a new truck”… with an 09 super duty is pretty vague.

that new garage or family vacation didn’t seem too much of a priority when he reserved a 30-60k new vehicle.

when he reserved it’s a stretch to say he expected the dumpster fire that has occurred so that he would be in a strong position to flip…

… so let’s not start the gofundme page just yet…
I have never thought about making sure I had money for a family vacation as a budget consideration. Just trying to make sure my kids had new shoes took precedent for a few years in my life. Putting in a reservation for a Bronco would never have happened for me if I was thinking about several things ( or anything really) that I should better spend the money on. This was a selfish purchase for me at a time in my life when I can actually be selfish.

This all kind of smells like looking to make a profit from the jump. To each their own but seriously if I didn't think I could afford it or I needed the money for other things I wouldn't have put in my reservation. The prices were pretty much advertised in July 2020.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@schwinnmann007 Really the only important question, OP you need to answer for B6G is……….did you get a sticker, limited poster or hammock?

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
See: Toyota and ISIS for reference

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who knew the Bronco was a incredible off-road machine and could make up for poor life decisions.
My car purchases are all aimed at curing my poor life decisions. Or is it that they ARE my poor life decisions? I never can get that straight.

Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At the point that I spoke with my friend, i had no idea what circumstances there were or how dealers felt about it
First, most car salespeople are morons and barely graduated high school. I worked at enough dealerships to feel comfortable with this generalization. 😂 Your salesperson/“buddy” probably was running his mouth about how you were going to make $30k (whatever number it was but a very nice profit.) Second, Toyota put the big kibosh on selling or allowing their vehicles to be exported to the ME because Toyota was known as the vehicle of choice for terrorists. You can’t sue ISIS for your rep back. And I’m sure Ford doesn’t want it’s Bronco tooling around Afghanistan given recent events. And finally THREE - get your ass off the cell phone and quit messaging and get yourself down to the dealership to take delivery. A scene on the showroom floor goes a lot further than over text. FFS try to find your common sense somewhere.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Low point 2015, long before reservations opened.

“needs a new truck”… with an 09 super duty is pretty vague.

that new garage or family vacation didn’t seem too much of a priority when he reserved a 30-60k new vehicle.

when he reserved it’s a stretch to say he expected the dumpster fire that has occurred so that he would be in a strong position to flip…

… so let’s not start the gofundme page just yet…
I'd believe and have a little sympathy if he showed at least a little Bronco love. He's been here since 7-13-20, has 17 posts, all of them in this thread. That makes me think his intentions were to flip from day 1 and just signed up to follow the build process.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love this hypothetical. $50k car for an enthusiast on a waitlist vs loaf of bread for starving family. Clearly two different scenarios, but why?

So the conversation now has moved away from legality and into morality (which everyone is sure to disagree about, and that’s okay). Just want to state some facts here to lay the foundation for that. I think these are probably something we all can agree to:
1. OP at least stated that his original intentions were to keep the car.
2. OP stated he since had financial hardships which led him to consider taking the profits from a flip of the bronco rather than keeping it for himself (his intentions then changed).
3. He then planned to accept the additional money that a (likely wealthy, or very excited) enthusiast would pay for the truck.
4. If he is unable to take delivery of the truck it will be sold by the dealer, likely again at market value to a likely wealthy or very excited enthusiast.

It seems to me, again not passing judgement on the “right and wrong” of it, that if either he or the dealership sells the car, the ultimate owner is basically unchanged, and the amount they pay for the Bronco is about the same. just ends up in someone else’s pocket. Both the dealer and the OP are better off monetarily if they’re the one that gets to sell the truck.

The thing most haven’t talked much about that I think is interesting is that Ford has played a big role in shutting down flippers of their vehicles (and many would agree rightfully so). They want everyone to get a Bronco according to their interest (ie reservation timestamp), not based on the money they can shell out to get one first. Hats off to them there- they’re creating a disincentive for people profiting from early sales of their vehicles. Even poor John Cena (who couldn’t physically fit in his Ford GT?) wasn’t beyond their reach. So Ford’s intention is interesting and probably noble here.

As for the results of Ford’s actions it’s also easy to point to their failure to deliver and meet demand as being a large reason for this secondary market in the first place. If they quickly and effectively sold us the Broncos we wanted, there would be way less reason for anyone to want to pay a premium and less reason for anyone to want to sell for one.

In other words, and this is my opinion now, Ford needs to sell some Broncos. (Shocker for everyone, I know.) For the sake of their bottom line, for the sake of competitive advantage vs Wrangler, for the sake of enthusiasts gnashing their teeth, for the sake of their own reputation. Secondary markets show up when demand is way higher than supply. Pretty safe to say that’s the case here. Love it, hate it, or don’t care, incentives for people to resell will continue as long as this is true.
Ford offered reservations for marketing and PR value. (Crowing about reservation counts.) And to promote their future online ordering effort at cost savings, by reducing customer rebates.

With essentially no skin in the game to make a reservation, people made one (or more) for various reasons, including for flipping.

And customers who actually go see, evaluate and test drive before reserving/ordering a Bronco (what a concept), are now at the back of the bus behind the early keyboard mashers.

Count me as not a fan of the Bronco rollout. And it's bitten Ford in the behind, by not waiting to have the vehicle fully ready for primetime, before offering it to the public.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
This dealer is awesome!!! People like you ruin it for everyone else. You took the risk - you lost.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.