Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
See: Toyota and ISIS for reference
That made me laugh thinking about the Taliban running around Afghanistan with an open roof Bronco and big machine gun mounted in the rear…..NOT!!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?

How can you sell something on ebay that you don't have a title to? You can't get a title until you pay the taxes and fees and it gets processed through your states DMV to get the title. If you're trying to get the dealer to sell it to you without paying taxes and fees and just immediately titling it to someone else, they don't have to do that. Think you opened a can of worms.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry with all the enthusiasts on here including me, and hearing dealers stealing/marking up true enthusiasts broncos who were waiting for their cherished truck, I have little or no sympathy for this guy who was only in it for a few bucks. JMO. Go day trading instead

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would also like to point out that the buyer never said anything about exporting. and neither did i. The buyer was a 4x4 collector. I realize that this could be a lie and im just being naive, but there are people that have done well for themselves and are willing to have the latest and greatest at whatever cost.
You have never said if you were going to title it to yourself, then wait to get the title, then resell it on ebay. No problem with doing that, but you would have to wait till everything cleared and you had a title in hand. This also means you would have to pay cash for the Bronco so you could get the title right away. If you were immediately wanting the dealership to title it to another person, then you didn't own it yet, and the dealer has no obligation whatsoever to do that. Their deal was with you. I'll bet you also violated some ebay rules as well, since you did not have title to the vehicle you were selling.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know man, but if somebody posted something for sale that they didn't own I'd be pretty pissed off at that kind of SOB . . . which would be you. Douche.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why was this post not closed long ago? Didn't take reading a page or two to realize the garbage..

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why was this post not closed long ago? Didn't take reading a page or two to realize the garbage..
I think some positive can come out of this for all of us. The desperation and lengths some will go to make a profit on a hard to get vehicle should be a lesson to us all.

It goes to show just by the comments how differently the members here think. We don't have to agree with each other. It's all good.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is it greed if someone is willing to overpay for it? Not the seller’s fault.
Selfish desire for something = greed. Both the dealer and the reservation holder are concerned only about money. Dealer keeping it so they can make the 10-20K and the reservation holder wants it only to make the 10-20K markup. Dealer doesn't care about the res holder and the res holder doesn't care that the vehicle is the dealer's and their choice who they sell it too. Res holder could also just sell it for MSRP, but they want to profit more than to make sure that someone gets a Bronco for a great deal. Selfish reasons on both sides is just my point. All about the $$$.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, this is what watching a "witch" get burned at the stake is like.

You kids are harsh....you're like a little gang, one guy punches so then you want to punch too. Everybody is tough behind the keyboard.

I have no problem with the OP's intentions, needs to work on his execution a bit.

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This doesn't pass the smell test they had "your" bronco on the lot and you messaged them? Didn't call? Didn't go to the dealership? If you had the money lined up as you say you did and had a buyer that I would assume you are making a profit on I personally would have been the first one on the lot Monday morning but maybe I'm just thinking logically
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.