First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I SOOOOO wanted to get screeching mad at some scumbag dealer here..... Oh well, I guess not all Dealers a bad.
Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
Well technically it's not your Bronco. It's the dealer's Bronco and they have every legal right to sell it to someone else. They may or may not get penalized by Ford, but the penalty they receive from Ford will be far less than the profit they can make off of selling the Bronco at a 10K-20K above MSRP. If I was a dealer and know that you intended only to sell the vehicle and with the limited vehicle inventory.... well I would do the same. You both are playing the same game = Make Dat $$$... in this case, they have the upper hand. Funny what greed does to people and there are so many people just wanting a Bronco at MSRP. 😂🤔

2050Broncoorsomething

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No sympathy for flippers. Pisses me off when dealers add ridiculous markups, pisses me off when people flip anything…..including my beloved bourbon! Never will I see a day when I can pay retail for Pappy Van Winkle….largely, because of effen FLIPPERS! 🥃 cheers
Ive got a montage of bourbons in my collection. Pappy is one of them, saving it for a special occasion. But I have 2 different Wellers Special and Full Proof, Eagle Rare, EH, Elijah 18. All bought at retail. It can be done, just takes a little more of a hunt. But I never get upset at the flippers since it makes it that much better when you can get it over them.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have spoke with them about that matter. They do get disciplined by Ford if it is exported. My issue is that anyone can do that with any vehicle. The only reason they're giving me a hard time is because it's a Bronco.
No the only reason they’re giving you a hard time is because I’m sure you listed it on eBay with the VIN. You listed something you DIDN’T own snd they found out about it. Until the papers are signed, it doesn’t belong to you. Good luck with that. You should have waited until you took possession. I think unless they relent, you’re screwed.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over the past few months I've seen a ton of people here saying they might sell their Bronco for a quick profit. Most of the responses were positive then. Not for this guy though...
Is it the attitude, or now that someone is actually trying to do it folks are jealous? 🤔
It was his approach asking for help to flip it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over the past few months I've seen a ton of people here saying they might sell their Bronco for a quick profit. Most of the responses were positive then. Not for this guy though...
Is it the attitude, or now that someone is actually trying to do it folks are jealous? 🤔
Mine have always been negative, I think scalpers are scummy people who need to find better jobs. I don’t like people who pray on the excitement or weakness of others for their own profit. I’ve never understood a mentality of, “others want this really badly, maybe I can buy it first and then rip them off for a profit.” Why even get involved? Because you’re an asshole.

Anyways, I imagine the priority orders, top issues, dirt mountain and all the delays have helped others despise those who are choosing to sell a vehicle they now can’t even get for a profit.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This all sounds like a J.G. Wentworth commercial....

Although I admire the reasoning for why you want to flip the Bronco on eBay, it sounds like you did things a little out of order. I would have had the Bronco in-hand, in my driveway BEFORE listing it on eBay. That way, that takes the dealership out of the equation and there are no dependencies.

Plus, I would have kept my mouth shut, even with my friend. Loose lips sink ships. Right now, I would be pissed at my friend, but I would pissed at myself more. Just sayin'...

Yes, but what would happen to the friend if he knew about it and didn't say anything? It could be grounds for termination. The dealer is clearly concerned that they will be implicated in flipping the Bronco to an exporter. If they found out the friend knew about it and said nothing, I'm willing to bet they'd fire him. How many friends are you willing to lose your job for?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
Ford Bronco Dealer not selling me my Bronco BOOOOO!

Yeah no sympathy here... Maybe begging and pleading on your knees with the dealer might help, but probably not.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, this thread has reached new levels of bitterness and virtue signaling.

OP reserved a Bronco, realized it wasn't right for him financially and decided the best thing to do for him and and his family is to sell it. Yes, he should have taken possession of it first before listing it on ebay but he had a signed contract from the dealer.

GM at my dealership advised me if I didn't want my Oops Bronco to just buy it and flip it. Give the holier than thou damnation a break people. Y'all are embarrassing yourselves.

And i had no intentions of flipping it when i bought it. Its killing me that i can't drive (and deservedly so) but when you have a chance to make money when you want a garage or just be able to take your family on a vacation, it's nothing more than a business deal.
i realize i am the lucky one and have turned my back on that. however, at the time i put my money on one i didn't need a new truck. about a month later i had to buy a new truck, so i just thought this would be a good way to help my family once i saw what was going on with them.
The dealer is completely fine with me making money on the transaction, they're worried about the export (rightfully so). but there's no evidence of that.
I lost everything in 2015 except my family. Our family business was run in the ground by me and lack of coal production in the area. I finally have a better job and just want the best for my family who was there for me when i was at my lowest.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.