Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, have heard pretty much the same. I've posted it all here, and everytime I do I get chastised or called a liar. Like when I posted about commodity shortages and the fact that Ford felt like some of the commodity issues would naturally take care of the number of reservations. That wasn't a popular statement, but that's what they told us. And when they told us they anticipated building roughly 80k Broncos. Again, unpopular. Or when I said a lot of the reservations/orders were going to be filled as 2022 models...again, unpopular. They've been prepping us...I've been prepping my customers.
It still surprises me when I see people blame the missing B&P on IT/tech/Ford can't build a website.

When the much more likely explanation is that Ford still isn't sure what trims, options, and accessories they'll be able to offer and which will be delayed or cancelled.
Sponsored

crozbee

Outer Banks
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
feels like a lot of folks in this thread should just take a deep breath. people get so worked up over everything. it seems like it would be an extremely risky move for Ford to jack the price up on the costs for folks who already have reservations. not sure if the incentive is truly there for that, all things considered.

someone earlier made a great point that i think is worth repeating. if Ford believes they can't fill the orders on their current reservations, then they would likely go ahead and shut down reservations at this point.

a more important point: we have not heard ANYTHING official from Ford.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

someone earlier made a great point that i think is worth repeating. if Ford believes they can't fill the orders on their current reservations, then they would likely go ahead and shut down reservations at this point.
A database of customers willing to make a deposit is VERY valuable.

Sponsored

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see your point about waiting to hear from Ford. But it is the middle of October today and there is no build and price, just crickets as usual. I understand the challenges associated with the roll out of a new, popular vehicle in the pandemic, but I am disappointed in the shabby communication by Ford. If they push out information, good or bad, great, we at least know where we stand. Instead we get random kibbles and bits from Levine. I hope that Ford is better than that.
Completely understand your frustration and disappointment. In the same boat. I work in a human resource like environment (NOT FOR FORD!) and know what it’s like not to pass communication out to a large fan base.
Unfortunately, we have to take the cards that are played in front of us, try to be patient, and continue to wait anxiously. Though it seems unlikely because of the lack there of, it’s best to wait to hear from Ford directly. Rather than spread the news, true or false, we hear from folks who work at dealerships.
I know it’s hard to wait right now. I will say I’m pretty happy to be part of the Bronco fan base and the Bronco6G family (hopefully I’m part of it? Lol). I appreciate the useful information and laughs because you guys make it easier to pass the time.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why is that? It's not illegal. How is it any different than a dealer offering a stellar deal to build reservations? I'm offering my reservation holders a stellar deal if they don't want to keep their Bronco. Seems most would like the get out option. No?
I’m sure everyone else’s best interest is driving this. /s

You’re doing this so you can get inventory before reservations are delivered. It goes against what Ford has been trying to do throughout this process. You found a way around Ford’s threat of punishment if too many orders weren’t sold to the reservation holder and you disguised it as “aw shucks, I’m just here to help people out if they’re unhappy.” Of course it isn’t illegal, Ford doesn’t make laws. But it definitely goes against the spirit of the reservation system and what Ford is trying to accomplish. It’s a short term, greedy mentality. And it’s delaying legitimate reservation holders.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seriously, why though? I'd like an explanation since it's legal and no risk for the reservation holders.
If everyone made 2 reservations and ordered all of them just to give their second vehicle to their dealer, you’re taking vehicles away from other people that have reservations at the end of the line or at least delaying their shipment.

I don’t know if it’s legal or not. But Ford is not giving any allocations to dealers in 2021 and they will give steep penalties to those dealers that don’t follow their rules.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FWIW, I have a lot of customers that reserved two broncos. Several of them got two first editions. They point blank told me they plan to keep one and sell the other. I have no problem with anyone using the system that Ford designed to their own benefit. I That's capitalism in my view. don't think many people would care if consumers did that, but it sounds like no one wants dealers to do it.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man I hope that's not the case...a new Jeep would be lookin mighty fine at that point :unsure:
Another one of those I have a friend who has a Brother said threads. Seriously, I think Ford has been hinting at that for awhile. The people signing up for the October special will be in the other 50% waiting well into 2022 if they really did sign up for that offer. I see many of them have recently signed up to the forum and have only a few posts. I have to wonder if these people are shill's or don't really ever plan on buying a Bronco and will drop out somewhere along the way?

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

FWIW, I have a lot of customers that reserved two broncos. Several of them got two first editions. They point blank told me they plan to keep one and sell the other. I have no problem with anyone using the system that Ford designed to their own benefit. I That's capitalism in my view. don't think many people would care if consumers did that, but it sounds like no one wants dealers to do it.
So one person doing this on their own and a dealer potentially doing this with over a hundred reservations behind the back of the manufacturer that told them not to is the same thing to you?

Again, this is why traditional dealers have the reputation they do. Someone calling you a car salesman is not a compliment.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
165K reservations will turn out to be <60K actual orders. Calling it now. Ford will fill them, this is the most hyped vehicle since the Model 3 hit the streets.
This is true. You can bet some $$$ Jeep is going to drop special pricing on Gladiators and Wranglers come March 1. They are going to suck as buyers as they can in.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really hope the owner or general manager of your dealership does not share your morals.
You are such a stereotypical car salesman that I’m actually starting to believe that you are not. I think you are just a random person that enjoys being a troll.

There is absolutely NO guessing about why you refuse to say which dealership you work for. You would be in a heap of trouble or probably fired if your GM knew the crap you say on here.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If everyone made 2 reservations and ordered all of them just to give their second vehicle to their dealer, you’re taking vehicles away from other people that have reservations at the end of the line or at least delaying their shipment.

I don’t know if it’s legal or not. But Ford is not giving any allocations to dealers in 2021 and they will give steep penalties to those dealers that don’t follow their rules.
sure I can understand that point of view, but Ford is the one who made the rules to allow people two reservations. It doesn't matter to me what people do with one or even two Broncos. My job is to get as many as we can, just like other dealers on this forum have done. When they told us the % for registration penalties, then of course that would factor into every dealership's strategy what to do with those Broncos. If someone decided they just didn't want to convert those orders, then that would be a bad business decision on their part. Again, all this is just my opinion.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Basically from what the dealership by my house said, is that they’d rather sell 500 Broncos at MSRP than 2000 at invoice.
That's crazy, as the dealer business model has shifted to making hay on financing. You'd think they'd prefer having a crack at financing a % of 2,000 vs. 500.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.