First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am thinking there is some missing / confused information like the customer no longer wanted his Bronco and the dealer sold it within a day of arrival. No need to bash the dealer unless you get the details of some underhanded scheme to steal a customers order. No problems with ADM so maybe the dealer is straight. Take a shot for repeating anything that "my sales guy told me".
The customer did want the vehicle. I'm working on getting the rest of the story. Thankfully no one else has chimed in with any other instances of this happening

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Full disclosure I don't know if it was intentional, accident, mixed up with another vehicle or what but either way my stress level is through the roof now. CSX rail tracking shows it's in my city so it could show up any day now.
I find it hard to believe it was a accident given that the special order window stickers are a very distinct green color what dealer is it?

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The customer did want the vehicle. I'm working on getting the rest of the story. Thankfully no one else has chimed in with any other instances of this happening
It has happened but after customer bronco was held hostage for huge ADM and customer walked

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just stopped by my dealer as my truck will arrive any day. Sales guy told me to keep close track of it. Another customers bronco arrived and was sold to a walk in the day it arrived. Anyone heard of this happening before?

two ways to interpret it in my opinion;

1. it happened and the entire dealership was told to make sure it didn't happen again (doesn't fit the warning given).

2. it happened and your sales guy saw that there were no repercussions for it and he is worried for you (or more likely his commission) since it is effectively condoned by the dealership management.

Since people are generally self-serving, I would lean towards option 2. He is warning you because he doesn't want to lose the sale, so he wants you there when it rolls off the transporter. Make no mistake, there are sales folks out there with a list of customer numbers to call when desirable (or these days, any) vehicles rolls in on a transport. They want their customers in to get first crack at buying it so they get a commission and don't give a fuck who ordered the vehicle (if the dealership allows it to happen.) Lot of sales folks have been getting slim pickings on commissions because of the lack of inventory. I find it repugnant, however I do understand the motivation. People will do whatever it takes to feed their family.

DirtMountainMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If its true then we have a new enemy even worse than the surprise ADM dealers and we all need to be worried. Keep us posted.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This thread has only been here for a hour. I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple of others, or at least the dealer has wanted an ADM not previously disclosed.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think dealers filled a lot of orders for them selfs .seen lots of ads in So ca from dealers saying they have a Bronco for sale. But everyone knew this would happen when ford said it would fill orders before making dealer stock.

OP
OP

Notbostrom

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If its true then we have a new enemy even worse than the surprise ADM dealers and we all need to be worried. Keep us posted.
That was my thought. Surprise adm got enough bad press that this is the new version.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the thing: From the time the dealership takes possession to when someone signs the paper work THAT vehicle belongs to the dealership. They really can do whatever they want with it (which may or may not effect what allocations they get from Ford in the future).

This system is completely broken, I should be able to order and receive a vehicle FROM Ford. I'm not saying dealerships don't serve a purpose, I just don't think they should have anything to do with a custom order.

Last edited:

BeastMode

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just stopped by my dealer as my truck will arrive any day. Sales guy told me to keep close track of it. Another customers bronco arrived and was sold to a walk in the day it arrived. Anyone heard of this happening before?
No. The dealerships aren't allowed to sell them. If a customer decides not to take it when the bronco arrives, the dealership isn't even allowed to sell it. They'll get in trouble from Ford and have allocations taken away. They have to contact Ford to get approval to sell it if someone decides they don't want it anymore.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. The dealerships aren't allowed to sell them. If a customer decides not to take it when the bronco arrives, the dealership isn't even allowed to sell it. They'll get in trouble from Ford and have allocations taken away. They have to contact Ford to get approval to sell it if someone decides they don't want it anymore.
A ford dealership can screw over 40% of the people that order a delivered bronco without repercussions from Ford, and it takes several months of less than 60% name-to-order match rates before there are real repercussions (i.e. loss of allocation).

As for the OP's post, I'd still bet that the original orderer walked away from the purchase. We're getting this story 3rd or 4th hand, odds are a lot was lost along the way.

OP
OP

Notbostrom

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A ford dealership can screw over 40% of the people that order a delivered bronco without repercussions from Ford, and it takes several months of less than 60% name-to-order match rates before there are real repercussions (i.e. loss of allocation).

As for the OP's post, I'd still bet that the original orderer walked away from the purchase. We're getting this story 3rd or 4th hand, odds are a lot was lost along the way.
Not 3rd hand and the customer it happened to also had same sales person.

Yes I'm sure there is much more to the story and I'm finding out what I can
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.