Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one wants to put anyone out of business. Customers want fair treatment at fair prices. If I buy from any brand I expect that brands subordinates to service that product no question asked.
what’s the price of an ASE (non ford ) shop near you charging for ids/fdrs programming?

we can get some things done here, but module programming then the warranty that goes with it doesn’t exist on that stuff afaik
Sponsored

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The same happened to me with a dealer in MA

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just went to my local dealership, which has been awesome to work with in the past., to buy touch up paint. They asked me three times if I bought the car from them. Then they told me the touch up paint wouldn't be $25, which they stated earlier, but $40.

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My local Ford dealer in Tallahassee told me 3 months to look at a factory defect no loaner. I asked if I could bring by to get parts ordered and they said no. Stealerships need to go away. They bring ZERO value. Although I think Musk is nutty he got this right.

Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased my month old 2023 Wildtrak about 30 miles from my home and the dealer has a sister dealership closer to my home. I made an appointment at the closer dealership to have my HVAC issues addressed (under warranty) and have to wait until end of April for a loaner - yes, a month since I made it in March. It was interesting they had no idea I owned the vehicle. Apparently the owner of the dealerships (4+) doesn't work off a shared system...so be it.

While waiting, I went to a closer Ford dealer near my home (not owned by the dealer I purchased from) to see if I can get an appt sooner address the issue - with or without a loaner. They asked me if I bought the car there (which I didn't) and told me they would not perform any service on my vehicle, other than a quick oil change. I asked why and was told they have limited resources and would only work on purchasing customer cars. Seriously!? What kind of service is this? I should be able to bring my vehicle to any Ford dealership, especially for warranty work. I cannot believe Ford (corporate) would allow dealers to turn away Ford vehicle owners. Am I missing something? Anyone else having a similar experience?

Your thoughts @Ford Motor Company?
Dealer’s Sales and Service Agreement requires them to service all Fords brought to them, but dealers will, and should, prioritize THEIR customers. With some dealers being short on quality technicians, waiting times for customers who chose to buy elsewhere can become quite long. It’s good to buy at a dealer that is convenient for service.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I purchased my month old 2023 Wildtrak about 30 miles from my home and the dealer has a sister dealership closer to my home. I made an appointment at the closer dealership to have my HVAC issues addressed (under warranty) and have to wait until end of April for a loaner - yes, a month since I made it in March. It was interesting they had no idea I owned the vehicle. Apparently the owner of the dealerships (4+) doesn't work off a shared system...so be it.

While waiting, I went to a closer Ford dealer near my home (not owned by the dealer I purchased from) to see if I can get an appt sooner address the issue - with or without a loaner. They asked me if I bought the car there (which I didn't) and told me they would not perform any service on my vehicle, other than a quick oil change. I asked why and was told they have limited resources and would only work on purchasing customer cars. Seriously!? What kind of service is this? I should be able to bring my vehicle to any Ford dealership, especially for warranty work. I cannot believe Ford (corporate) would allow dealers to turn away Ford vehicle owners. Am I missing something? Anyone else having a similar experience?

i work at a dealer and we only take our cars if its anything other then a oil change or tires
we dont have the man power or space
or you get the next avail appt 1 mth out
and of course no loaner if your didnt buy from us

Knittel

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Doesn’t sound that bad actually. Have you had a different experience? I bought my Bronco from a. Dealer over an hour away…I might as well live in North Dakota.

Sponsored

DaveR

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A dealership owner told me that Ford under estimates the time it takes to do warranty work, so they lose money on warranty work when it takes their tech longer than estimated to complete the job.

GmaninAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Harley Davidson FLHX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Maybe a call to FOMOCO Customer Service, and let them know the dealer's name and how you were treated? Leave some reviews, call BBB etc. I have to ask all the cupcakes who are wishy washy and "sort of" side with the refusing dealer: What if you travel out of state and you need service?

OP
OP
CarGuy

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After many weeks of waiting, my vehicle is finally heading to the dealer tomorrow. To shorten the wait time, I resorted to going back to the dealership where I purchased it - even though 30 +/- minutes away. I expect there will be a lengthy wait for parts (i.e., HVAC blower). We shall see.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wait until things go heavier into the EV market and parts become even more scarce lol. After this Bronco my next cars going to be a 60's classic thats easy to work on as my backup ride.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After many weeks of waiting, my vehicle is finally heading to the dealer tomorrow. To shorten the wait time, I resorted to going back to the dealership where I purchased it - even though 30 +/- minutes away. I expect there will be a lengthy wait for parts (i.e., HVAC blower). We shall see.
Honestly, seems like that would have been the common sense move on day one. I mean, 30 minutes? I go farther for tacos.
Seems like it would have been less drama all the way around.
Sponsored