First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With ford announcing that the dual top option is now delayed I have decided to step away from that option as I would rather have the MY21. Now that leaves me with the question of do I get the hardtop and keep it off as much as possible during the summer by putting a cover on it when needed or do I elect for the soft top. I feel as if it might be easier to find a soft top off aftermarket suppliers. Any thought please feel free! I am from Long Island
Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get both

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally went for the hard top once they started including the sound deadening headliner for free. I had the same thought that it should be much easier to source a soft top aftermarket if needed down the road.

Ideally, I wanted to get a white hard top, but that will have to wait until I upgrade down the road.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're seriously stuck between the two, get the hardtop. Aftermarket will fill the need for the soft-top.

But if you get the soft top from the factory you do NOT get plumbing or electrical for wipers/defrost.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
With ford announcing that the dual top option is now delayed I have decided to step away from that option as I would rather have the MY21. Now that leaves me with the question of do I get the hardtop and keep it off as much as possible during the summer by putting a cover on it when needed or do I elect for the soft top. I feel as if it might be easier to find a soft top off aftermarket suppliers. Any thought please feel free! I am from Long Island
I'm sure there will be a ton of aftermarket soft tops at some point. I'd get the hard top from the factory so you have the wiper connections, then get the soft top aftermarket when they become available. Good luck!

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you think you'll ever want the hard top, absolutely get it from the factory.

Not only will that ensure your Bronco includes all the hookups and dash controls, it will be significantly cheaper than trying to source it later on.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This, then get a Bimini top in lieu of a soft-top. I had a soft-top Wrangler and would not want to go to the trouble of removing that to switch.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish we could get topless. Then get what we want. No delays!

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends. Ground beef, go hard shell. Carne asada, go soft.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree with others about the after market offering soft top options, but I went with soft top in my order. Changing tops is fine but if you have so space to store a hard top it becomes a pain. Had the two top set up with an old wrangler - and now prefer soft top full time. I live in Phila area and have had a soft top Jeep - really didn’t have an issue and I’m sure the newer soft tops are better quality.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This, then get a Bimini top in lieu of a soft-top. I had a soft-top Wrangler and would not want to go to the trouble of removing that to switch.
I agree. Soft top on my CJ-5 was no fun putting it on. I just ran a Bikini top & 1/2 to full doors most of the time. My plan is hard top & Bikini Top. the latter being more often.
Ford Bronco Debating hard top or soft? bikini w doors

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After renting a soft top Jeep for a week, there's no question I'm going with a hard top on my Bronco. The soft top was awesome during city driving but I found it almost unbearably loud on the highway in heavy traffic. With the removable sections in the hard top, it seems the most versatile. I may get a Bimini top after I move to a sunny climate in 3 years.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hated how the Jeep soft top looked when folded down in the back. So not long after I got it, I removed the whole thing including the frame for a better look. Pain in the ass to do that on and off much. Also, maybe in conjunction with the fact that I removed my carpet (which may have helped insulate me from floor heat) the A/C could not compete with the brutal Mississippi summer heat. For a daily driver, that was a problem. Even with the air blasting and the top up and windows in (I had hard half doors with soft window uppers), I was sweating through my clothes. It was like a greenhouse.

So, in the summer I learned quickly that the slightly better option (still hot as hell) was to keep the top up for shade but run with no windows at all from May until October or November. This at least allowed air to move. I would put the door windows on during rain to keep me dry up front. Spray liner on the floors protected from rain.

I did not then and do not now have a garage, and it was a daily driver, so I can’t leave it topless and just drive on nice days. And the narrow windows of good topless weather here are few and far between. I swore I’d never get a soft top again.

I was thrilled when I saw that the Base Bronco, which is the exact look I wanted, also comes standard with three-piece hard top and removable hard doors with glass windows.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

* That said, I did love being able to drop the top when the weather was nice and pop it back up if I’d started raining. The removable front panels on the Bronco that can ride in the back are a decent compromise. That’s also why I considered the Black Diamond for vinyl seats and washout floors so I could run a Bimini top a lot. But I wasn’t spending $8k more.

By the way, can you take the carpet in and out of the Bronco?
Sponsored