MEDISN

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the fixed top version as it was on sale at the time ($450 + free shipping). Install sounds similar to your experience. At times I think the ability to lift the lid with struts would be nice but I do prefer the look of the flat top fixed version - the lid is flush with the sides.

Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Cargo Area Enclosure Install & Review 518

I still need to carve a passthrough for the electric harness and washer hose that tucks down inside when the hard top is off. You can see in the picture I have the wires and hose pinched down under the edge of that little plate.

5 months no rattles. Thumb nuts make the top panel easily removable when I put the hard top on. I shaved a few inches off the floor mat to fit in place with the enclosure. The molle panels make it easy to organize kit and bungee cargo in place.

Ford Bronco Deluxe Raised Cargo Area Enclosure Install & Review 497

I have the top off for 9 months out of the year (OC. California) so the ability to secure belongings and tools when out and about is a tremendous benefit.

I might consider the Diabolical enclosure in the future. For now, this works well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had one in my Badlands. It was installed at the Ford dealer as an optional accessory when I ordered the vehicle. With the soft top, it provided lots of security as nothing in the back was visible or easily/ quickly broken into even from within the passenger compartment. The down sides were the hassle of trying to access the molle panels, especially the one against the rear seat; the hassle of removing the soft top all together; and it rattled as one of the bolts worked its way loose stripping along the way. I like the concept, but other suppliers probably make a superior product.

RiverDawg69

Badlands
First Name
K.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't find a ton of info on the DELUXE raised cargo area enclosure (a weird name, btw), so I figured I'd add a post in case others are thinking about adding one.

tl;dr hella useful, has it's limitations, worth it

Ease of install/assembly - on a completely arbitrary 1-10 scale, I'd say 4. Have a buddy install this with you.

Install/assembly time - about two hours

Purchase deets - used the Fordpass points, one of the 20% off sales, and it ended up being $397.92 with tax, shipped to dealer

Unboxing - one big box, 48" x 35" x 9". Didn't put it on a scale, but I'd venture it's over 50lbs. Not the easiest to move around. It's well packed and everything's there. A couple minor scratches in the finish, but let's be real, my kids will do worse in the first week.

Assembly - Not a lot of in-process pics here. There were multiple misalignments that made assembly challenging. Had to knock it around a bit during the process. Also, the nuts that tighten the sides to the backplate are quite tricky to access. I had to try a couple socket wrenches to get one that fit in the space. After all assembled, it feels sturdy and I haven't heard any rattles (yet...I bet this will rattle eventually). The interface with the soft top frame and the lid is a little clunky. I don't fault that since the soft top frame itself is clunky. Oh, and this isn't really something that you're going to install/remove regularly. I was wondering that when we first bought it, so wanted to include that note.

First impressions - This thing is perfect for what we need. The soft top is off for 80% of the year, so the added security is a HUGE win. You do lose some volume, a couple inches on all sides. We have a 75QT cooler that used to juuuuuust fit that now does noooooot fit. The pistons for raising the lid are a nice add and I would recommend going with the DELUXE for that reason. Tie down hooks on the lid are a nice bonus.

Overall rating - Factoring in the fact that this was about 1/2 off, I give it a 9 on a completely arbitrary scale or 1-10. No complaints, glad we got it.

Before:

After:

OBLIGATORY SIDE SHOT (sorry, it is not clean):

Other Pics:

Nice review, I love mine. I wrapped the top in rubber diamond plate.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also got it through all the points received when I got my Bronco. After having it for 18 months, the only gripe I have is there is not a passthrough that you can open to put large items through when needed. I took out the back bolts and modified the back gate to allow for a quick disconnect because those bolts in the back are a pain in the arse to get out in a hurry.
Great idea. Would you mind sharing some details and photos as to how you modified the back for easy removal?

OP
OP
moborb

moborb

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
996, Speed Triple, Odyssey, LS460
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also got it through all the points received when I got my Bronco. After having it for 18 months, the only gripe I have is there is not a passthrough that you can open to put large items through when needed. I took out the back bolts and modified the back gate to allow for a quick disconnect because those bolts in the back are a pain in the arse to get out in a hurry.
I’d also be interested in pics/details on this!

Sponsored
OP
OP
moborb

moborb

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
996, Speed Triple, Odyssey, LS460
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I installed the fix top version as it was on sale at the time ($450 + free shipping). Install sounds similar to your experience. At times I think the ability to lift the lid with struts would be nice but I do prefer the look of the flat top fixed version - the lid is flush with the sides.

I still need to carve a passthrough for the electric harness and washer hose that tucks down inside when the hard top is off. You can see in the picture I have the wires and hose pinched down under the edge of that little plate.

5 months no rattles. Thumb nuts make the top panel easily removable when I put the hard top on. I shaved a few inches off the floor mat to fit in place with the enclosure. The molle panels make it easy to organize kit and bungee cargo in place.

I have the top off for 9 months out of the year (OC. California) so the ability to secure belongings and tools when out and about is a tremendous benefit.

I might consider the Diabolical enclosure in the future. For now, this works well.
Great pics!

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 4Runner, 1967 Mustang 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To answer the question about if anyone has installed a Packhorse with one of the enclosures I don’t think so. No one has really contacted me about if it will work with it.
But, as long as there is nothing from the enclosure that obstructs the cargo floor, the four anchor points and approximately 4.5” from the cargo floor all the way around, then it should work just fine.
You’re welcome to contact me anytime for more details.

mntnbronco

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did you modify the back gate for a quick disconnect? I've been thinking of doing something similar.

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a FYI - I have the Ford fixed lid enclosure on the 2D and like it because I lock stuff back there all the time when making multiple stops, etc., but did not realize it blocks the TopLift Pro. So I now only throw my MIC on in the winter(and leave Ford fixed lid enclosure off so I can easily remove the MIC on nice days in winter, but am pretty much forced to leave MIC off all summer if I want to use fixed lid enclosure. So I just use to the 2 front pieces of the MIC when it is cloudy or looks like rain. I know not that many will have TopLiftPro plus cargo enclosures, but it sucked when I got the TopLifr Pro assembled and realized it would not fit.

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a soft top and wifey insisted we get one to protect our stuff. And I guess it works for that purpose. Bought it with a 20% off special. Hated it from day one. It was a SOB to install the bolts holding the sides to the back molle plate. Ended up reversing and welding those bolts so I could easily remove the nuts and back panel with the seats down to carry longer stuff. But most of all I hated how it took a three arm ballet to open the rear window, set the prop all while dealing with both latches on the top panel. Then there were the rattles. It now resides in the corner of the garage.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't find a ton of info on the DELUXE raised cargo area enclosure (a weird name, btw), so I figured I'd add a post in case others are thinking about adding one.

tl;dr hella useful, has it's limitations, worth it

Ease of install/assembly - on a completely arbitrary 1-10 scale, I'd say 4. Have a buddy install this with you.

Install/assembly time - about two hours

Purchase deets - used the Fordpass points, one of the 20% off sales, and it ended up being $397.92 with tax, shipped to dealer

Unboxing - one big box, 48" x 35" x 9". Didn't put it on a scale, but I'd venture it's over 50lbs. Not the easiest to move around. It's well packed and everything's there. A couple minor scratches in the finish, but let's be real, my kids will do worse in the first week.

Assembly - Not a lot of in-process pics here. There were multiple misalignments that made assembly challenging. Had to knock it around a bit during the process. Also, the nuts that tighten the sides to the backplate are quite tricky to access. I had to try a couple socket wrenches to get one that fit in the space. After all assembled, it feels sturdy and I haven't heard any rattles (yet...I bet this will rattle eventually). The interface with the soft top frame and the lid is a little clunky. I don't fault that since the soft top frame itself is clunky. Oh, and this isn't really something that you're going to install/remove regularly. I was wondering that when we first bought it, so wanted to include that note.

First impressions - This thing is perfect for what we need. The soft top is off for 80% of the year, so the added security is a HUGE win. You do lose some volume, a couple inches on all sides. We have a 75QT cooler that used to juuuuuust fit that now does noooooot fit. The pistons for raising the lid are a nice add and I would recommend going with the DELUXE for that reason. Tie down hooks on the lid are a nice bonus.

Overall rating - Factoring in the fact that this was about 1/2 off, I give it a 9 on a completely arbitrary scale or 1-10. No complaints, glad we got it.

Before:

After:

OBLIGATORY SIDE SHOT (sorry, it is not clean):

Other Pics:

good review

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The simple mod I did to make it easy to remove and replace the top of the enclosure. I put in this install vid. this takes care of the TopLift Pro challenge of regular removal. When my roof is on, the top of enclosure is off.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

C'mon, son; you can't tease us like that - can you share more details? A lot of us are looking for a solution like this.

Walker1

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 4 door soft top and found this to be a necessary evil since I live in a city with a high crime rate. It allows me to lock up items in the back which I would not be able to do without it. That being said I have the same general complaint about loss of space and access to folding down my seats. It’s a trade off.
I will note that I seem to be the exception to most other owners because mine has rattled from day one. Everything feels solid while stationary but as soon as I drive down a less than perfect street it rattles significantly. I have gone through it and repeatedly checked all the bolts to make sure everything was snug. I have added door trim to every edge and to the latch slots. I have also added Dynamat to the underside of the lid and to both sides where the lid sits next to the side panels. While some of these have decreased the amount of noise, it has not solved the problem entirely. Just wanted to share that I have had a very different experience with this product than most. Also worth mentioning that the latches that hold the lid in place may be obstructed if you have a fridge in the back. I had to push my fridge farther over to the middle of the cargo space to clear the latch. Not a big deal but I would have preferred to have the fridge sit flush against the side panel. Small issues but might be helpful to others considering this item.
Sponsored