Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is an OEM piece of equipment that Ford designed with WARN; it is really a winch mounted to a sub-frame that bolts in front of the Modular Bumper. The factory materials slightly mis-stated fitment, I was told it will fit any vehicle with the Modular Bumper; sensors are another matter ... I am a Basquatch so no camera, ACC, parking assist or esthetician included (a Letterkenny reference for you uncultured individuals).

The package is $3,500, but it includes a private-label WARN winch, which I am told is equivalent to the Zeon 10S ($1,800 - $2,000 value, includes 100 ft of synthetic line, hook, hawser and safety pull; it is fit-able with wireless and HUB features). The package includes all hardware; I'll tried to attach installation instructions, but the file was too big (WARN has them). The winch is high and sticks forward a bit; not going to win any swimming suit contests and is certainly a product of compromises in design (as all these are given the sensor, camera, intercooler and oil cooler) based on a certain set of user priorities.

Two things I don't like about it: it's kinda ugly and it's kinda ugly (hopefully it will grow on you - myself, I am more about inner beauty than the outer package).

Ford Bronco Details of the Ford Performance Winch Package - Installed on a Basesquatch 1633466816548

Some things I like about it: winch is pretty optimally located, OEM warranty, OEM design and corrosion treatment, no modification to OEM skid plate, Ford Performance dealer can recalibrate your air-bags for use with this, I think with a little ingenuity one could use cable connectors and make an installation that could be somewhat readily taken off (see the 3 of 6 bolts - not quite plug and play) for driving around town and put back on for trail use.

I recognize it may not be optimal for the higher end models and packages.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an OEM piece of equipment that Ford designed with WARN; it is really a winch mounted to a sub-frame that bolts in front of the Modular Bumper. The factory materials slightly mis-stated fitment, I was told it will fit any vehicle with the Modular Bumper; sensors are another matter ... I am a Basquatch so no camera, ACC, parking assist or esthetician included (a Letterkenny reference for you uncultured individuals).

The package is $3,500, but it includes a private-label WARN winch, which I am told is equivalent to the Zeon 10S ($1,800 - $2,000 value, includes 100 ft of synthetic line, hook, hawser and safety pull; it is fit-able with wireless and HUB features). The package includes all hardware; I'll tried to attach installation instructions, but the file was too big (WARN has them). The winch is high and sticks forward a bit; not going to win any swimming suit contests and is certainly a product of compromises in design (as all these are given the sensor, camera, intercooler and oil cooler) based on a certain set of user priorities.

Two things I don't like about it: it's kinda ugly and it's kinda ugly (hopefully it will grow on you - myself, I am more about inner beauty than the outer package).

Ford Bronco Details of the Ford Performance Winch Package - Installed on a Basesquatch 1633466816548

Some things I like about it: winch is pretty optimally located, OEM warranty, OEM design and corrosion treatment, no modification to OEM skid plate, Ford Performance dealer can recalibrate your air-bags for use with this, I think with a little ingenuity one could use cable connectors and make an installation that could be somewhat readily taken off (see the 3 of 6 bolts - not quite plug and play) for driving around town and put back on for trail use.

I recognize it may not be optimal for the higher end models and packages.

Cheers!
Did the bull bar come with?

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't look as good as the one they had been showing off with the embossed Bronco logos. Bummer.

What about the winch is different from the standard $1400 Warn Zeon 10-S?
The tech support guy at Warn didn’t know all the details … his basic statement is it is comparable - it may be just given another part number and may less badging - no significant mechanical difference to his knowledge.

What do you think of it?

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know people are down on the mount... I really want to buy just the mount... I have some modifications that I want to do to it to fit an 8274.

Anyone in the PNW who purchases one.. I would appreciate an hour or two to investigate...

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know people are down on the mount... I really want to buy just the mount... I have some modifications that I want to do to it to fit an 8274.

Anyone in the PNW who purchases one.. I would appreciate an hour or two to investigate...
Mount envy?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tech support guy at Warn didn’t know all the details … his basic statement is it is comparable - it may be just given another part number and may less badging - no significant mechanical difference to his knowledge.

What do you think of it?
Thanks.

What do I think of the winch or the mount? The Zeon is a great winch, so I'm assuming you meant the mount.

I always thought Ford's winch mount looked cool, and I was hoping them to figure out the camera and sensor issues.

But that was at the original $2500 price, which seemed like too much even then but I was willing to swallow it.

And it doesn't look as good or as clean as what they've been showing us for a year:

Ford Bronco Details of the Ford Performance Winch Package - Installed on a Basesquatch 6ad01814-614d-40a6-83d7-f8bcbe88cf72-jpe

So... I don't know. If they do figure out the camera and sensor issues, then I may just go for it. I don't like any of the aftermarket bumpers I've seen so far, and in general don't like the "stealth" bumper look that's so popular. But I dug the old-school design of Ford's solution.

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks.

What do I think of the winch or the mount? The Zeon is a great winch, so I'm assuming you meant the mount.

I always thought Ford's winch mount looked cool, and I was hoping them to figure out the camera and sensor issues.

But that was at the original $2500 price, which seemed like too much even then but I was willing to swallow it.

And it doesn't look as good or as clean as what they've been showing us for a year:

Ford Bronco Details of the Ford Performance Winch Package - Installed on a Basesquatch 6ad01814-614d-40a6-83d7-f8bcbe88cf72-jpe

So... I don't know. If they do figure out the camera and sensor issues, then I may just go for it. I don't like any of the aftermarket bumpers I've seen so far, and in general don't like the "stealth" bumper look that's so popular. So I dug the old-school design of Ford's solution.
Maybe with all the competition, they'll drop the price a bit (he said wishfully) - the picture I have may be older and your is more accurate for all I know, the bolts make it look ... well, bolt on, though I am somewhat intrigued by the possibility of using some sort of cable connectors so I could unhook those and take off the bolt and drop the whole thing on my foot.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe with all the competition, they'll drop the price a bit (he said wishfully) - the picture I have may be older and your is more accurate for all I know, the bolts make it look ... well, bolt on, though I am somewhat intrigued by the possibility of using some sort of cable connectors so I could unhook those and take off the bolt and drop the whole thing on my foot.
I know some dealers are selling it for closer to $3000, but yeah, I hope it goes lower.

I'm not sure when your pic first appeared, but the one I posted is from last October. I hope it looks like that one, but I doubt it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know some dealers are selling it for closer to $3000, but yeah, I hope it goes lower.

I'm not sure when your pic first appeared, but the one I posted is from last October. I hope it looks like that one, but I doubt it.
I don't know for sure - I got it from someone on here and I suspect it is later than yours.