Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Local dealer had it installed on their BL mannequin and the sensors hadn't been recalibrated when I took it for a drive. Annoying as hell, beeping constantly. Rough Country option seems the best I've seen for High package and up so far.
Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know people are down on the mount... I really want to buy just the mount... I have some modifications that I want to do to it to fit an 8274.

Anyone in the PNW who purchases one.. I would appreciate an hour or two to investigate...
Love the idea of a 8274 upfront on one of these Broncos, I’m just concerned that it will be too big (at least for my preference) I have an 8274 on my CJ-7 and almost thinking of working on fitting it to my Bronco for fun. It will stay on the CJ but maybe if I like it a lot I’ll get on for the Bronco .. if you do it before me I’m excited to see what you come up with.

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey! I recognize that photo! I have other angles to go with it. Great info. It's very bulky in person.

20210929_154147.jpg

20210929_154353.jpg
My last tally shows the Warn bumper and a Zeon winch about $300 cheaper - with this package you have to buy the Mod bumper and skid plate for $825, I think the skid plate bought as a part is about $650. Not sure if the dealership can recalibrate the air bags for the Warn bumper
Bulky/ugly winch wont matter when your stuck.
i would at least relocate the control box on top of the winch.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i would at least relocate the control box on top of the winch.
I'm surprised we haven't seen that yet, especially since a Ford rep mentioned it as a "solution" to the camera. The question is: will it fit under the hood and where?

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an OEM piece of equipment that Ford designed with WARN; it is really a winch mounted to a sub-frame that bolts in front of the Modular Bumper. The factory materials slightly mis-stated fitment, I was told it will fit any vehicle with the Modular Bumper; sensors are another matter ... I am a Basquatch so no camera, ACC, parking assist or esthetician included (a Letterkenny reference for you uncultured individuals).

The package is $3,500, but it includes a private-label WARN winch, which I am told is equivalent to the Zeon 10S ($1,800 - $2,000 value, includes 100 ft of synthetic line, hook, hawser and safety pull; it is fit-able with wireless and HUB features). The package includes all hardware; I'll tried to attach installation instructions, but the file was too big (WARN has them). The winch is high and sticks forward a bit; not going to win any swimming suit contests and is certainly a product of compromises in design (as all these are given the sensor, camera, intercooler and oil cooler) based on a certain set of user priorities.

Two things I don't like about it: it's kinda ugly and it's kinda ugly (hopefully it will grow on you - myself, I am more about inner beauty than the outer package).

1633466816548.png

Some things I like about it: winch is pretty optimally located, OEM warranty, OEM design and corrosion treatment, no modification to OEM skid plate, Ford Performance dealer can recalibrate your air-bags for use with this, I think with a little ingenuity one could use cable connectors and make an installation that could be somewhat readily taken off (see the 3 of 6 bolts - not quite plug and play) for driving around town and put back on for trail use.

I recognize it may not be optimal for the higher end models and packages.

Cheers!
Wasn’t aware that looks was a winch rating. Did you buy it to look cool or to actually be used when needed?

Sponsored
OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm surprised we haven't seen that yet, especially since a Ford rep mentioned it as a "solution" to the camera. The question is: will it fit under the hood and where?
Very true … I may order the Mod bumper and then decide which way to go … I am thinking the 2.3 so maybe there will be slightly more room.

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wasn’t aware that looks was a winch rating. Did you buy it to look cool or to actually be used when needed?
Not sure it needs to be ugly to work?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like it a lot. Mounting plate should be available separately from Ford or Warn soon enough.
I really hope so but have my doubts. If Ford and Warn worked together to design for a particular package that could then be calibrated for airbag compensation, they're probably not going to want to let people introduce variables into that design. I can see marketing, safety, and legal teams balking at that.

As someone who already has a Zeon that's perfectly fine and doesn't want to have to bother buying/ selling a second one just to get a new mount, it irks me, but I get what it is.

OP
OP

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it looks perfect. Still looks like a Bronco.
The other alternative I am pondering is the Warn Elite bumper with the Zeon winch about the same cost - a little cleaner look - I don’t do big rocks so the lack of the ability to take of bumper ends is not a huge thing in my book. I am getting a Basesquatch so sensors and cameras are not a thing for me. I do like that they can recalibrate the air bags with this and it might come off easier for the off season?

Sponsored

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have had receiver mount winch for years. I love front mount receiver bar - the cheapest front end protection, and great for stashing trailers in tight spots. The winch only looks ugly when you are using it. CURT makes a nice little skid plate to put in when it is empty. Never get around to the slick wiring, but always carry top quality jumper cables - had to use it on the rear for a little tug to the side once.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really hope so but have my doubts. If Ford and Warn worked together to design for a particular package that could then be calibrated for airbag compensation, they're probably not going to want to let people introduce variables into that design. I can see marketing, safety, and legal teams balking at that.

As someone who already has a Zeon that's perfectly fine and doesn't want to have to bother buying/ selling a second one just to get a new mount, it irks me, but I get what it is.
They’ll sell it.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs