Sponsored

Did any one make any crazy financial moves in preparation for owning a bronco or am I the only one?

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lost my bronco to a dealership for a $20,000 mark up. When I contacted Ford to complain about the issue, Customer service’s response was all I have invested was $100 into that vehicle. Then I thought to myself; “holy shit, I just broke ground on a Bronco garage with no BroncoIt’s been three years Construction is 100% complete And it is still empty.
Ford Bronco Did any one make any crazy financial moves in preparation for owning a bronco or am I the only one? CBADD331-8BFA-4CAC-9C3D-58FFF21EE241
Ford Bronco Did any one make any crazy financial moves in preparation for owning a bronco or am I the only one? ABF1AA06-A30E-4105-8EA3-37CF2729E5B8
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:oops:!! Whoa buddy, that is just terrible to read. Well shady of the dealer, but $20K is hard to argue.

Well, very nice stuff you've done with that garage. Looks like a few grand in storage alone and I bet tools to boot.

Cheer up and let's acknowledge some facts. One, you're not poor. Didn't want to pay that much ADM, but since you have some money at least, you have options.

You should lean on that dealership to make this right. Otherwise, call them out using their name and going full blast on their tactics. Shame how they do y'all down there in Texas, but that's a state with few consumer protections I'd bet. Texans, correct me if wrong, but I hear a ton of horror stories coming out of there.

Have them do a search for at least close to your build and sell to you at MSRP. Get this in writing this go around.

If they tell you to piss off, do a national search. Lot's of Broncos out there and I hope you can find one without too much more trouble.

Again, that garage is great and it'll get some use soon enough.

Reactions: Jdc

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well... I did NOT build a garage to prepare for the Bronco.

It's a long story, but just to keep it short, I was planning on building a garage just prior to the pandemic. Between the pandemic, the Bronco announcement, the spike in construction supplies, uncertainty around the sale of neighboring land that would have turned farmland into distribution centers, and now the high interest rates.... the garage never materialized.

It's still on my to-do list for sure though, rather not keep my Bronco outside longer than it has to. Congrats on your garage though!! I'm jealous.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, unless you count ordering and receiving my second Bronco before my original Bronco order ever got scheduled or built.

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have as a general rule that I should not make crazy financial moves. 😂

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I put money in a bank. Seemed less risky at the time. :LOL:

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve got a mountain of parts in transit, I’m production waiting for shipment and sitting in a corner of the garage just waiting for my Bronco to be safe to drive (wiper issues put it in the shop for warranty work)

I’m getting to where I’m starting to think I don’t want it at the end of the day and might end up trading the damn thing in with this being my last ford.

Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I traded in a Subaru I had put money into, to the tune of a JDM EJ20, downpipe, tuning, Teins, and some other crap by 2019. That car should have been good for almost a decade, but even with LESS driving over lockdown it managed to get worse. It would've taken at least another couple of grand to bring an 18 year old car up to snuff, so it was time to let it go. I got an equity credit line with an October rate and also got lucky finding my Badlands, had I waited the rates and order restrictions would've screwed me.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nope. And my shitty dealer tried the markup thing after I ordered it but since I had the signed purchase agreement I got it at MSRP. Which is still something I've never paid before so I guess just contradicted myself. 🤷

Buy a used JK or JKU for the time being to enjoy or something fun in a different way like a used Mustang GT or Challenger or C5 or C6 Corvette.

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I traded in a Subaru I had put money into, to the tune of a JDM EJ20, downpipe, tuning, Teins, and some other crap by 2019. That car should have been good for almost a decade, but even with LESS driving over lockdown it managed to get worse. It would've taken at least another couple of grand to bring an 18 year old car up to snuff, so it was time to let it go. I got an equity credit line with an October rate and also got lucky finding my Badlands, had I waited the rates and order restrictions would've screwed me.
Sounds like you made a fairly decent choi
:oops:!! Whoa buddy, that is just terrible to read. Well shady of the dealer, but $20K is hard to argue.

Well, very nice stuff you've done with that garage. Looks like a few grand in storage alone and I bet tools to boot.

Cheer up and let's acknowledge some facts. One, you're not poor. Didn't want to pay that much ADM, but since you have some money at least, you have options.

You should lean on that dealership to make this right. Otherwise, call them out using their name and going full blast on their tactics. Shame how they do y'all down there in Texas, but that's a state with few consumer protections I'd bet. Texans, correct me if wrong, but I hear a ton of horror stories coming out of there.

Have them do a search for at least close to your build and sell to you at MSRP. Get this in writing this go around.

If they tell you to piss off, do a national search. Lot's of Broncos out there and I hope you can find one without too much more trouble.

Again, that garage is great and it'll get some use soon enough.
Yeah, with the help of bronco 6g we did lean on that dealership pretty hard, but maybe too hard and to be honest, it worked out when they decided to not sell me the vehicle because I was Able to use the money I saved form the bronco to help finish the garage. Im kinda poor but I figure out was to get what I want. 2020 just gave me a chance to reevaluate so I cut off my cable and everything that I didn’t need and refinance the house and took advantage of the market hike. Instead of cashing out and moving like most of my neighbors did I cashed out and build a garage.

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well... I did NOT build a garage to prepare for the Bronco.

It's a long story, but just to keep it short, I was planning on building a garage just prior to the pandemic. Between the pandemic, the Bronco announcement, the spike in construction supplies, uncertainty around the sale of neighboring land that would have turned farmland into distribution centers, and now the high interest rates.... the garage never materialized.

It's still on my to-do list for sure though, rather not keep my Bronco outside longer than it has to. Congrats on your garage though!! I'm jealous.
It was a rough year and a half did most of the work myself because half the contractors either sucked or or unavailable but thank God for YouTube and modern tools. I figured weather tge bronco materialized or not it would still get usage but when you don’t have one, it’s tough, especially with the gear and supplies and labor that goes into off-roading

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went online 7/22 ordered a Bronco thereafter went to the chosen dealer and traded in my 5 year old Rubicon for 5K under what I paid for it in 2016. Saved on the taxes too by having them hold the funds. Market at the time was not going to give me any better of a return if I invested it.
Sponsored