Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thinking about trading our loaded 22 Badlands Sasquatch convertible with lux, etc for a similarly equipped 24 model Badlands or Wildtrack for a number of reasons. My purpose in posting is to make certain I fully understand the differences between the two trims.

I’ve studied Ford’s website extensively and it appears to me the main difference is lack of full skid plates and electronic sway bar disconnect and some minor cosmetic differences inside and out. If I’m correct Sasquatch package on both trims has the HOSS 3 suspension and steering rack. Am I correct?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks. Contented.
I think you have to weigh the price/deal vs aftermarket costs. All models are different but you can do the same or better in most cases in the aftermarket upgrades. 3.0 rack/74weld, Fox 2.5s adjustable coilovers (3.0s for an extra 2k), katzkin leather heated and cooled...on and on too many to list. Get a good deal and weigh the add on costs you want.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Badlands has the leather option, not sure about the Wildtrack. Badlands 24 has the HOSS 3.0 Rack which is what most people want to upgrade to. This is also the Ford Performance Tie Rods. It has the Bilstein Shocks. Badlands also has all the skid plates underneath and the disco connect. So in short Badlands is a out of the box rock crawler, and Wildtrack is a out of the box baja runner.

Either one can do the other with minor changes.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Badlands has essentially the same suspension as SAS. It has wheels, tires and gears. Just slightly different ones. Has the front and rear lockers too. But Ford tacks on a hefty cost for slightly different gears and tire size.
I was considering a BL and ended up with BD. I could afford the BL, but just thought the BD fit my needs fine with a lower price. That said, you are right the SAS on the BL does not make much sense. If you want 35s instead of the 33s on non-SAS BL, get a non-SAS BL and slap on 35s and save $$$ over the SAS pkg. Also, the 35 SAS OEM tires don't seem to be the best. Especially with throwing rocks on the sides of your Bronco and getting caught in treads according to a friend with a SAS. If it were me, non-SAS BL with 33s (which I personally think are fine) and throw on 35s (which are technically only 34.3" but 315 instead of 285 in width) if you want 35s but get a tire with a wider tread pattern for the rock catching/throwing issue. Yeah, will need to remove crash bars and get a little lift, but still a lot less $$ than SAS.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went that route. I bought the Badlands with 33's and did my lift and suspensions because I knew I would go 37's Came out better, and I have what I wanted.

Sponsored

RBJRBJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thinking about trading our loaded 22 Badlands Sasquatch convertible with lux, etc for a similarly equipped 24 model Badlands or Wildtrack for a number of reasons. My purpose in posting is to make certain I fully understand the differences between the two trims.

I’ve studied Ford’s website extensively and it appears to me the main difference is lack of full skid plates and electronic sway bar disconnect and some minor cosmetic differences inside and out. If I’m correct Sasquatch package on both trims has the HOSS 3 suspension and steering rack. Am I correct?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks. Contented.
link below from everythingbroncoaftermarket.com has a pretty good article comparing these two Bronco models and why a purchaser may choose one model over the other. In addition to all the information provided by others, it’s worth a read.

https://www.everythingbroncoafterma...nce-between-the-badlands-and-wildtrak-bronco/

What Is The Difference Between The Badlands and Wildtrak Bronco?

Advantages of the Badlands Bronco
  • Cheaper and more efficient
  • More room for mods
  • Better at slow off-roading
  • More comfortable for daily driving
  • A choice between two engines and two transmissions
  • A carbonized gray front grille
  • A dedicated rock crawl mode
  • A better value for non-offroaders
Advantages of the Wildtrak Bronco
  • A Sasquatch package is included
  • A more powerful engine with an automatic transmission is included
  • Better at high-speed off-roading
  • A dedicated sport mode
  • Larger wheels and tires with beadlock wheel capabilities
  • A black anodized front grille
  • Special graphics
  • Slightly lighter

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welp guess I’m one of the ones that got ripped off lol
Don't sweat it, most Bronco owners are getting ripped off, spending thousands on functionality for which they have little if any real use.

Somehow my buddy convinced his wife to buy a loaded Sas version, even though all she does is drive on pavement to work and shopping. It's kinda silly, she needs a step rail just to climb in, lol.

OP
OP
contented

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Attempting to steer this thread back on track before it completely goes off the rails...

A BL Squatch has the HOSS 2.0 suspension and allegedly the upgraded steering rack. (I am not sure if the steering upgrade has been 100% proven)

A WT has the HOSS 3.0 suspension and the upgraded steering rack.

Edit. I just checked the Ford website and it does not specify the Sasquatch packages comes with the upgraded steering.

Screenshot_20240218-120841.png

Screenshot_20240218-120854.png
Thank you so much for getting things back on track and answering my question. Clearly, I missed the the info in the second part of your post when I was perusing Ford.com.

I’m also fully aware of the sas / non sas points of view. Like most everyone else, my mind is made up on that issue. I’m also knowledgeable on 74Weld’s steering product line.

In my case it boils down to this, it’s relatively easy to find a loaded Wildtrack equipped and in a color we like on a dealer lot within a reasonable distance. Not so much for a Badlands. I’m not ordering and waiting again. But the issue giving me pause is lack of electronic sway bar disconnect on the Wildtrack. I use it a lot in the kind of wheeling we do, but I’m not certain it’s a absolute necessity.

Thanks. Contented

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you so much for getting things back on track and answering my question. Clearly, I missed the the info in the second part of your post when I was perusing Ford.com.

I’m also fully aware of the sas / non sas points of view. Like most everyone else, my mind is made up on that issue. I’m also knowledgeable on 74Weld’s steering product line.

In my case it boils down to this, it’s relatively easy to find a loaded Wildtrack equipped and in a color we like on a dealer lot within a reasonable distance. Not so much for a Badlands. I’m not ordering and waiting again. But the issue giving me pause is lack of electronic sway bar disconnect on the Wildtrack. I use it a lot in the kind of wheeling we do, but I’m not certain it’s a absolute necessity.

Thanks. Contented
You can also add the badlands electronic sway bar to the WT, and not integrate it with the GOAT modes fairly easily. Just hook to an upfitter switch to disable/enable it. I've seen several posts here about people who have done it, and a few YouTube videos.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't sweat it, most Bronco owners are getting ripped off, spending thousands on functionality for which they have little if any real use.

Somehow my buddy convinced his wife to buy a loaded Sas version, even though all she does is drive on pavement to work and shopping. It's kinda silly, she needs a step rail just to climb in, lol.
If you're buying something and you're uninformed or don't care you're not getting "ripped off". You've made a choice to either remain ignorant or to not care. Nothing in that implies getting stiffed by Ford. Just look at the Land Rover world. They went from a truly utilitarian vehicle to a plush pavement queen. I should know. I have a 2011 RRS. It's pretty unstoppable for what we use it for. Occasional Hatteras beach roam and some light off road stuff in Upstate NY. 99% of the time Pavement Princess. The Bronco will be the replacement. Do I feel ripped off by either because I paid for features I don't use? No.

Sponsored

Murg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welp guess I’m one of the ones that got ripped off lol
me too! but I figure it will at least have full warranty on it. it might not if I alter it with aftermarket....

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It necessarily true. Even a 2wd F150 is the price of a Bronco. I well equipped Maverick can hit 40. May not need all the Bronco capabilities, but if you like the vehicle then buy it. I could live fine in a single wide, but choose not too.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

lol, yeah it’ll only see miner off roading in bird season for about 4 months after that probably zero, where I live the trails are quad trails you’ll tear a vehicle apart guarantee half a day trip and you’ll come back with no paint on the sides and the undercarriage bashed to hell, the off road crowd around here have either purpose built truggies or beater woods bombers

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Important thing to remember is SAS on a Badlands is a ripoff.
And so is paying ADM on a Bronco ;) That is a true ripoff.
Sponsored