Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Even if the question came up at an event to someone that wasn't Estaban it was still answered as a steal. What else was this forum to expect? The B&P was left unchanged for long enough for us to believe it. Couple that with a Ford employee saying it's a steal then how do we on this forum have egg on our face? They left the error long enough for it to be real. I stated before that anyone that reserved after B&P launch has a gripe. Ford rolls out B&P with pricing and a button to press to reserve now. Those that did reserve believing the pricing was accurate have a bitch for bait and switch. They can easily back out I know but if your prices aren't your prices then don't put that crap out there.
Don’t forget the CEO was tweeted about it when B&P went live and there was no change or announcement until now.
Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Funny watching everyone 'know' they 'know' it yet can't find it... ;)
Did you take screen shots of everything along the way? I built two dozen Badlands and Back Diamonds on B&P. Using 2.7L for approx $1900 would automatically add the auto transmission without charging a la carte for it. Now that no longer happens. Now it’s a la carte for another $1500. But I cannot prove it.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know that I heard and seen the attribution and not just read it from Nick's transcription. I know I'm not crazy. But I've been unable to find the video through my searches. It is as if the video has been deleted from it's existence.

It was the video with the two in the chairs doing Q & A. I bet it got ninja edited. I watched it happen live as he mentioned it was a good deal/price in regards to the 2.7L/Auto.

View count wasn't crazy high ,those of us that recall it coming up were watching it live or just after it was posted most likely. I recall the video specifically because I was analyzing the marketing choice of the flannel shirt and outdoor style vest on the other one.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It seems like one of those situations where someone didn’t know, but thought they have to give an answer (after all that’s what they’re being paid for)... and they probably figured it was safer to say “yep! You should believe the Ford website” rather than “the pricing on the website could be wrong.”

I know it took me a number of years into my career to realize it’s okay (and sometimes imperative) to answer “oh, I have no idea about that” even when your job is to know things.
Exactly ,when i was a junior birdman i took a two week course on seaplane handling about 4 days in i met a local girl and i went out drinking and partying with her instead of studying,next day instructor gave me some things to do and i failed miserably? he turned to me and said you dont know what your doing huh? Nope i said can we go to lunch early? Learned to just admit if you dont know just say nothing or admit it,better in the long run!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here’s one I’ll be testing out on Saturday. Nice looking truck, and amazing prices from Chevy right now through Jan 4. And if you have a Costco membership, maybe even more savings. It’ll be almost $10k less than the bronco I was planning on.

709423D8-B527-46BB-9DD1-38ED567231CD.jpeg
^^^^The common theme here is the X-plan that CANNOT be used.:ROFLMAO:

Why doesn't Levine ask about where that X-plan qoute originated from? :rolleyes:

Somehow I don't think they are all that concerned with whatever bullshit their talking heads spew out.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

here’s one I’ll be testing out on Saturday. Nice looking truck, and amazing prices from Chevy right now through Jan 4. And if you have a Costco membership, maybe even more savings. It’ll be almost $10k less than the bronco I was planning on.

709423D8-B527-46BB-9DD1-38ED567231CD.jpeg
That’s the bison edition very nice truck gots winch capable front beefed up skid plates very nice

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went through my YouTube history and looked up all the videos on the bronco. The one where I remember hearing "its a steal" is the sema q&a and if you look at the upload date it says uploaded 1 week ago? Thats not correct it was last month. Not saying its a conspiracy or anything, but its odd.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford is really really screwing this up. First doubling the first edition reservations. Then delaying build and price twice. No painted hard tops on wildtrak/FE. Delaying order banks opening. Now increasing the price, Delaying production. They’re destroying all the hype for the bronco. Remember our orders were supposed to be placed by now. There never was a mistake on B&P. They are blatantly increasing the price. Food for thought on my GMC Sierra I got the 6.2L V8 for $2500.

Last edited:

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The rep at the Orlando Auto Show last weekend told me the auto transmission was included with the $1895 for the 2.7. I didn't believe him though.
Yep- and you posted it at the time. That makes two Ford Reps providing bad info. Still don’t get Ford having to adjust the Base model 4 door MSRP. That’s a number they should have gotten right from the start as it only comes standard with the 10sp auto. I mean how do you not get that number correct.

Last edited:

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It was the video with the two in the chairs doing Q & A. I bet it got ninja edited. I watched it happen live as he mentioned it was a good deal/price in regards to the 2.7L/Auto.

View count wasn't crazy high ,those of us that recall it coming up were watching it live or just after it was posted most likely. I recall the video specifically because I was analyzing the marketing choice of the flannel shirt and outdoor style vest on the other one.
If you can find the URL, you can check to see if it’s been archived using https://web.archive.org/

Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even if the auto/2.7 price “it’s a steal” is truly just a rumor it is STILL ultimately Ford’s fault because ANY rumor can grow out of control bouncing around in the canyon or silence that is the vacuum of legit information provided by FORD. In other words, if Ford doesn’t want rumors bouncing around then communicating clearly, concisely, competently and in a timely manner is not only a basic expectation from its customer base it’s a requirement to keeping rumors from running wild.

Nor does calling out one rumor somehow absolve Ford of all it’s “actual” terrible decisions and p*as poor communication.

This is a red herring to misdirect forum-heads and take some spotlight off Ford (Levine).

Enjoy! ?‍♂

JK

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just went through my YouTube history and looked up all the videos on the bronco. The one where I remember hearing "its a steal" is the sema q&a and if you look at the upload date it says uploaded 1 week ago? Thats not correct it was last month. Not saying its a conspiracy or anything, but its odd.
That's pretty common on YouTube. A lot of people search videos by time frame, today, this week etc. To stay current the poster reposts it again to draw more views.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@SHLYGRR

I believe you were the one that got the answer to the question at the expo.
And I believe you said you had a recording on your phone.

Would you happen to still have that and do you remember who you talked with?

maybe helpful to pass that info on to @SLAY so he can pass it to mike Levine.

Merry Christmas y’all!!!
I’m looking!! It’s somewhere on my computer.

I also very clearly remember a 2 person Q/A with Jon Melton and Esteban. They sat in chairs with a white backdrop and answered questions about the B&P. It was right after B&P release. I searched youtube and Instagram. Couldn’t find it.

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol. Doesn't matter what was said or who said it. The B&P is a draft tool to aid in your decision until you place your order at which time you can say 'Yep, let's do this' or 'Nope, I'm out.' Until then, y'all are working yourselves up for nothing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.