Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It occurred to me this morning that this thread has become my life.
Lol.
Damm you @CO-Bronco !!!
Lol, I'm going to change my profile pic, lol!
Sponsored

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pittdmb

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With one day left in the month, I'm staggered at how many (just 6G) Broncos with June blend dates are still stagnant on Dirt Mtn. While I'm happy some (much) later Dirt Mtn builds are being recapped and released, it's still a real gut punch for everyone who should be "ahead" of them.
My thoughts are that they are probably grouping based on where the Broncos need to be shipped to. For example, if there were 5 sitting on Dirt Mountain that all needed to go to the same dealer or dealers in close proximity, why not pull the first June one and then group the July and August that are sitting there too with it? It would be crazy to think that they'd simply stick to FIFO and ship all over the US. The consultant in me says they probably have some sort of method to their madness that helps to reduce cost and provides greater efficiency.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts are that they are probably grouping based on where the Broncos need to be shipped to. For example, if there were 5 sitting on Dirt Mountain that all needed to go to the same dealer or dealers in close proximity, why not pull the first June one and then group the July and August that are sitting there too with it? It would be crazy to think that they'd simply stick to FIFO and ship all over the US. The consultant in me says they probably have some sort of method to their madness that helps to reduce cost and provides greater efficiency.
Close proximity?
My dealer is 11 miles from MAP!

jbrentd

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Audi CQ, '97 4Runner, 2011 FX35
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's my theory...

10 workers get dropped off at the DM gate. 7 of them actually care enough to make the effort in locating and walking to the units built first to drive them to the Mod center. The other 3 either don't care enough, ate too much for lunch, didn't get enough sleep the night before, have a blister, etc., etc., and they just pick the one easiest to get to.

Sponsored

Pittdmb

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Close proximity?
Yeah no answer for that one. Since they promised October, could be that they are focusing on and bundling the ones that need to be coordinated for shipping and for those that they can easily deliver (like yours), it may be ready to go and they'll batch those all up together and move pretty quickly. Wouldn't be surprised if you get a built notification and then an immediate ship notification. Pure speculation though. Hope you hear something soon!

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's my theory...

10 workers get dropped off at the DM gate. 7 of them actually care enough to make the effort in locating and walking to the units built first to drive them to the Mod center. The other 3 either don't care enough, ate too much for lunch, didn't get enough sleep the night before, have a blister, etc., etc., and they just pick the one easiest to get to.
looking.gif

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco *** DIRT MOUNTAIN Broncos - Built, Shipped, Delivered Tracker*** lookin

6/24 blend
6/25 in production
6/26-9/28 stay pumped / hang in there
9/29 built
Actually, built 9-28 (the release date)... Now it's just awaiting shipment! Excited that you got good news!

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With one day left in the month, I'm staggered at how many (just 6G) Broncos with June blend dates are still stagnant on Dirt Mtn. While I'm happy some (much) later Dirt Mtn builds are being recapped and released, it's still a real gut punch for everyone who should be "ahead" of them.
To quote a famous Bueller:

" Don't worry about it, I don't even have a piece of shit, I have to envy yours."

The best info I have (of questionable reliability) is that they won't start working on my not-yet-built MY21 until 11/15. That means I might get it in December, just around the time that they start making the MY22s. My original build date was 6/12. Mine isn't at DM because it didn't even make it that far.

I think the best thing Ford could do for VIN-holders at this point is offer free meditation classes. If you let yourself get too wrapped up in the "Who's first? What happens next?" drama, you'll drive yourself nuts. Ask yourself:
1) Is there anything I can do about it?
2) What impact will obsessively thinking about this situation have on me?

Sponsored

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my theory...

They get driven to the vehicles in a passenger van, dropped off at the vehicle they are looking for then drive it to the main drive out of the DM lot and line up.
Once all there they caravan to MAP with the transport van in tow....At least that's how they did it when I was there watching.

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That would make sense, but there was an 8/3 build coming to SLC Utah that got released a couple days ago but my 7/14 build also coming this way has not been released. 🤷🏼‍♀️

thestep90

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

soft top, sas, 2.7 sent to production on 8/2 still "in production" ya'll wanna get a beer or something stiffer while we wait?

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Close proximity?
I can just imagine the defect in the code causing this...

case
when ship_distance < 10 then "drive" /* changed from 20 due to gas prices */
when ship_distance between 20 and 200 then "truck"
when ship_distance > 200 then "train"​
end as ship_method

Good luck, I hope you get it soon.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can just imagine the defect in the code causing this...

case
when ship_distance < 10 then "drive" /* changed from 20 due to gas prices */​
when ship_distance between 20 and 200 then "truck"​
when ship_distance > 200 then "train"​
end as ship_method

Good luck, I hope you get it soon.
I actually see what you did there!
Sponsored