Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LOL why's your mag empty my dude
Sucks that most cans aren't magnetic, might be a decent spot to keep them
These pics were from test fit and install day. I've since tried a fully loaded mag and that magnet holds it securely. No issues.

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco, 16 F250, 66 F250, 68 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gucci
If your doors are locked then one would need to break into the vehicle. Alarms will be sounding.
I have not experimented with mine but I’d hope the truck won’t start until the panic button was used to stop the alarm.
I diubt anyone breaking in is going to hunt for a key while an alarm is sounding. They are either an idiot and will run or they are a pro and your truck will be gone with or without a key handy. My theory only worksI’d the trunk won’t start while alarm is sounding. I should check that!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Couldn't you just put the Ford Pass app on your apple watch?

Sponsored

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I go to the beach..I leave all my stuff..money..wallet ..phone and key fob in the back,under a towel..and when I get back to the Bronco..pop in the number and the doors unlock...I rap my second fob in foil,and hide it in the back..been doing that with my Edge for years,never a problem..
So the Bronco will lock and stay locked even with the key fob in the vehicle?

If so, why is the 2nd fob wrapped in foil?

Just trying to get my head around this as I fish/kayak/hike and would prefer to leave the FOB in the vehicle and lock the fob inside and use a keypad to gain access to the vehicle/fob when I return.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the key is in the car, what is stopping someone from just opening the door? Since the key allows you to open the door based on proximity alone, wouldn't that be an issue?

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I use my keypad to lock my key inside when I run or bike but didn't want the Bronco to start if someone got in. I also didn't want the key, my phone, or wallet to be found. I figured a criminal would go to the usual spots like center console, glove box, or under the seat. I had to remove the tailgate panel when I installed the spare reinforcement and knew there was room behind it. I removed the metal retaining clips being careful not to break the plastic, added some industrial velcro, and I had an easy on/easy off tailgate panel. I already owned a waterproof Pelican 1040 for paddleboarding, and it fit perfectly in the void. Using Ronin Factory magnets, 3M super strength molding tape, and metal plates I was able to secure the Pelican. It is very secure and perfectly fits my Magpul wallet, my phone, and the key in a faraday pouch that keeps the Bronco from starting even though the key is inside. A bonus was that the Ronin magnets are strong enough to hold other "heavier items" very securely as well as seen in the pictures. If anybody needs any more details just let me know

20230616_162347.jpg

20230616_165711.jpg

20230616_165109.jpg

20230616_165037.jpg

20230616_174504.jpg

20230616_165346.jpg

20230616_165639.jpg

20230616_165430.jpg
That Holson red dot is sweet. Are you sill on the first battery?

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your illustration of the "heavier object" is well taken, but in many states that would be insufficient, so check the statues where you do this. My state requires a solid locking mechanism or container, not shown in your picture. Perhaps a skinny lock box could squeeze in there? Or would a trigger lock be sufficient?

Research your state laws, and consider consulting with a sergeant or detective (or above) in your local jurisdiction.

I installed the Tuffy/OEM lockable drawer box, which is roomy, strong--and legal.
I guess I just be ridin' dirty then.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
GucciFreshness

GucciFreshness

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the key is in the car, what is stopping someone from just opening the door? Since the key allows you to open the door based on proximity alone, wouldn't that be an issue?
That's what the Faraday bag is for. You can lock your fob in the Bronco by using your keypad and proximity doesn't work but if someone breaks in they can start and drive it if the key is inside unless it's blocked by that bag.
Sponsored