Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own a 2023 Badlands Sas with less than 5,000 miles, and it's been almost a year since I got it (11 months). The idea of an oil change hadn't crossed my mind until recently. Based on my research, it seems advisable to use full synthetic oil, but I'm wondering if I might be overdue. Given that the Bronco isn't my primary mode of transportation and I work remotely, I don't drive it daily. Garage kept.
Sponsored

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did my first change at 2,500 miles and again at 5,000. Now I'm on a schedule of every 5k.
If it were me....I would change the oil once a year regardless of the mileage.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would change it. I drive my Bronco only on weekends and have only 8600 miles on it after 20 months of ownership. I did my first oil change at around 2K miles and 8 months. Then the second one at around 4K miles and 8 months. Now it's 6 months and 8600 miles so it due again this month. For short or infrequent drives, I change it at 6- 8 months time frame, regardless of mileage. I use full synthetic Mobil One and do it myself.

Also check your oil life meter and see what it says. Mine ends up at 40- 50%

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did my first change at 2,500 miles and again at 5,000. Now I'm on a schedule of every 5k.
If it were me....I would change the oil once a year regardless of the mileage.
Agreed. It's cheap insurance.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was looking at this yesterday. You would think that there would be an 'oil life' setting in one of the very many vehilcle features screens. I was sure that I'd seen it somewhere, but may have been thinking about a past vehicle. It can be found on the FordPass app if you have that setup (I know some feel it too intrusive). It will either monitor the oil quality or at the very least will track your mileage from the last oil change. I'm at about 10,900 miles and it's telling me it is due at the end of the month and keeps prompting me to setup an appointment at my friendly neighborhood Ford Dealer.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at this yesterday. You would think that there would be an 'oil life' setting in one of the very many vehilcle features screens. I was sure that I'd seen it somewhere, but may have been thinking about a past vehicle. It can be found on the FordPass app if you have that setup (I know some feel it too intrusive). It will either monitor the oil quality or at the very least will track your mileage from the last oil change. I'm at about 10,900 miles and it's telling me it is due at the end of the month and keeps prompting me to setup an appointment at my friendly neighborhood Ford Dealer.
There is an oil life monitor, toggle through the steering wheel menus...I forget what category it is under. Will show % of oil life left.

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Change your Diffs too, and maybe TC...

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would absolutly recommend shorter intervals than the oil life monitor on these ecoboost engines.
5k yearly is pretty recommended for shorter changes or 7.5k/18month for slightly longer.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I waited until 5k and sent a sample to Blackstone, which I'd recommend for you, and it came back normal. You don't want to let it go over a year no matter how you drive. I am about to send my full synthetic(Kirkland/Mobil 1) sample to Blackstone for the 10K and may posts their test results.

I need to change the axles and TC for "insurance" but that may be up to you for how hard you ever wheel it; not how many miles, but the hardest single-trail use.

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I own a 2023 Badlands Sas with less than 5,000 miles, and it's been almost a year since I got it (11 months). The idea of an oil change hadn't crossed my mind until recently. Based on my research, it seems advisable to use full synthetic oil, but I'm wondering if I might be overdue. Given that the Bronco isn't my primary mode of transportation and I work remotely, I don't drive it daily. Garage kept.
i did my 1st at 4000 just because i was brutal to it lol
since i set it at 7500 and rotate my tires and change blades

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[/QUOTE
I change mine every 5000 and have the tires rotated at the same time...it's been my rule of thumb with every car, Jeep and now Bronco and yet to ever have any issues. Always synthetic too. I also replace the air filter element with a K&N air filter and rotate it with a clean one as needed. I am a Sweep for my son in laws rally races and dirt roads really can clog up an air filter. K&N are easy to clean and work great!!!

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always change mine ~1000 miles on any new car, ~100 on a new bike. However, with today's synthetics I don't think you see engine failures due to oil like you used to 30+ years ago with conventional oil ;)

Bottom line, yes, change it, but don't fret about it as you're fine.

Oh, and not sure if it has been mentioned, but my '13 mustang oil life monitor certainly took time into account as I tested it once by not driving for a few weeks and the life went down. I'd assume the Bronco is the same way and I'll test it in the summer.

Tychapman

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of old heads on forums like these will tell you to get it changed 6 times before you hit 1000, and twice on Thursdays.. These days that isn't really the case.

That said, yeh I'd go ahead and get it changed LOL.

I'm in the same boat as you, it's my 'pleasure' vehicle and is in my garage most of the time, ~5k a year. Like the Mustang I replaced it with, I get it changed once a year.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Using the monitor, my Big Bend I took delivery on in January 2023 will need a change at about 4000 miles. If you have the Fordpass app, it also shows the oil life and tire pressures on one of the tabs - kind of handy. This kind of makes sense as most of my trips are very short (old retired guy). Gives me some faith that the monitor is working right. Plan on using the synthetic blend Ford recommends. Have never had a problem with any of my vehicles using the mfr recommend oil. I guess you can spend as much as you want for any subject ;)
Sponsored