First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
My local dealership in our (very) small town has had my reservation since July and only given me info like "Maybe you can order in a year or so??". Beyond that they have no idea what is going on in the Bronco world.

I called a dealership in the nearest big city (3 hours away), and they said I should be able to order this month. Didn't even tell them I had a reservation.

Should I attempt to change my reservation to this new larger dealership, or just cancel it and wait for them to call me this month? Does it matter this late in the reservation game?
Sponsored

OP
OP

STFord55

Base
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
My local dealership in our (very) small town has had my reservation since July and only given me info like "Maybe you can order in a year or so??". Beyond that they have no idea what is going on in the Bronco world.

I called a dealership in the nearest big city (3 hours away), and they said I should be able to order this month. Didn't even tell them I had a reservation.

Should I attempt to change my reservation to this new larger dealership, or just cancel it and wait for them to call me this month? Does it matter this late in the reservation game?

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your reservation was never converted to an order?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and no.

They matter, but it definitely isn’t the only factor in play.

Also… I have no idea why your dealer cannot place your order. They should have been able to place an order for you back in July. Granted… you would have had to wait until 2022 (or later) to actually get the Bronco, but you should have been able to place an order.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They say it does to some extent, but it sounds like the biggest issue delaying a build is parts shortages.

Sponsored
OP
OP

STFord55

Base
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your reservation was never converted to an order?
Nope, the dealership I have the reservation in with said they might be able to convert my reservation to an order in the next year or so. That's all the information I can get out of them!

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not anymore…. Find a dealer that has allocation and you will need to work your way through whatever their ordering hierarchy is (friends/employees/family/VIP big spenders/off-the-street)

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Double thread?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope, the dealership I have the reservation in with said they might be able to convert my reservation to an order in the next year or so. That's all the information I can get out of them!
When did you get a reservation? I assume that it was sometime this year (aka a late reservation).

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they are saying you can place and order in a year then I think you need to find a new dealer. They obviously have no clue what they are talking about. Probably worth talking to someone higher up if you are only speaking with a salesman before completely bailing. Many sales people have no clue what is going on.

Sponsored
OP
OP

STFord55

Base
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
When did you get a reservation? I assume that it was sometime this year (aka a late reservation).
Exactly, it was a late reservation. I believe I submitted a reservation in mid June 2021, and first contacted the dealership in July. So I feel like these late reservations don't mean anything.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford circa July 2020: "Orders will be in approximate reservation order"

Customer in October 2021: "Do reservations matter?"

Ford, October 2021: "You idiot, why would you think your reservation means anything? Now please step this way so one of our lovely mega-dealers can paddle your ass with ADM for daring to trust us."

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly, it was a late reservation. I believe I submitted a reservation in mid June 2021, and first contacted the dealership in July. So I feel like these late reservations don't mean anything.
Being that late, I can see why they didn't convert to an order. Same thing happened to my brother with a similar reservation. Now that the order banks are open, I'd push for converting to an order with them or another dealer. You don't have an order so you're just moving a reservation.

OP
OP

STFord55

Base
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they are saying you can place and order in a year then I think you need to find a new dealer. They obviously have no clue what they are talking about. Probably worth talking to someone higher up if you are only speaking with a salesman before completely bailing. Many sales people have no clue what is going on.
True! I'll give them another shout and see if I can get an answer I like a bit more
Sponsored