Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to say, there were so many day 1&2 reservations that just being a day 4 puts you on the 2022 bubble, then add in the sins.

I truly believe the time stamp carrys weight, it just that the earliest you could be considered (due to late conversion) will be for the last quarter of builds....Oct, Nov, Dec, unless there was another cut off date I am not aware of.

That 4 door MIC is gonna be very hurtful though. According to our inside sources here, it will be months before they MIGHT be able to get decent production numbers.

Yes, MIC 4 doors are being built right now, but they will run out FAST.

The situation is so bad, it sounds like they will be able to make all the customer ordered soft tops this year and then start making dealer stock soft tops just to keep the line running....until they dribble in a few more hard tops.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope so! As I 99'ed my order in the spring to wait for a MY22 mod top.
But now I refreshed my order to code 10 and MIC top. Fingers crossed.

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope so! As I 99'ed my order in the spring to wait for a MY22 mod top.
But now I refreshed my order to code 10 and MIC top. Fingers crossed.
I think lots of folks holding out for the mod top with 99 and early res will now opt back in for MY21.

AlphaOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In short, no.

I talked directly with manager Ryan Foles at Billy Howell Ford (where I reserved on 7/16/20 & ordered 1/29/21 a 2-door Outer Banks). He shared they have 105 orders and only (2) are being delivered in July, both 2-door base with 2.3L engines. *btw: he said the individuals that are taking delivery this month were notified directly by Ford before they had even updated the dealership's systems, which he wasn't very happy about.

It's his understanding, Ford has decided to take a path of getting the most units out they can with the parts they have available. In other words, order date doesn't come into play. He went on to say base models are being produced in priority for now, even though 80% of his orders are Outer Banks or higher vehicles.

IMHO, Ford has really screwed up in the way they are handling the whole Bronco launch.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford does not take into account time stamps. Many people ordered several hours after me, same build, and are driving their Bronco today or got scheduled.
Hour 1 day one reservation number 1 at dealer and no scheduling in sight.

If the Bronco that I tried at KOH and Moab was not that awesome I would have canceled and never bought a Ford product ever again.
COVID is one thing. Their organization planning and communication is some of the worst I have ever seen from any company.
there is the literal, strict interpretation of the reservation time/date vs. the general relevance of the date.

if you look at most people who have received their Bronco, who have their Bronco scheduled, they have July 13/14 rsvp dates.

So yes, the rsvp dates matter, but are not strict...according to my opinion.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In short, no.

I talked directly with manager Ryan Foles at Billy Howell Ford (where I reserved on 7/16/20 & ordered 1/29/21 a 2-door Outer Banks). He shared they have 105 orders and only (2) are being delivered in July, both 2-door base with 2.3L engines. *btw: he said the individuals that are taking delivery this month were notified directly by Ford before they had even updated the dealership's systems, which he wasn't very happy about.

It's his understanding, Ford has decided to take a path of getting the most units out they can with the parts they have available. In other words, order date doesn't come into play. He went on to say base models are being produced in priority for now, even though 80% of his orders are Outer Banks or higher vehicles.

IMHO, Ford has really screwed up in the way they are handling the whole Bronco launch.
What were their rsvp dates? if they were early, then I would say the dates do matter.

I would also ask, knowing what you stated above, what would you do if you were Ford? I am not saying Ford is perfect or without fault, but how would you push units out the door with the obvious constraints they have, whilst keeping some semblance of order with the rsvp date?

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think everyone is forgetting the Ford GT roll out and “selection “. You could’ve been a die hard devotee with multiple versions of the previous Gen and still passed over. People had to send interviews for that car. No rhyme or reason beyond notoriety, who you knew or $$$.

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hey, I didn’t get Sasquatch. Had to draw the line somewhere.

big takeaway is that nobody knows and I’m an idiot for not covering earlier.

I did consider soft top, but I can’t find any info on after market hard tops.
I haven't seen any companies announce that they are going to make bronco hard tops for aftermarket. Look up companies that make hard tops for newer jeeps. there are only a few and are around $3000. Because of the molds and the labor to make hard tops, I guess most companies just stick to making soft tops aftermarket.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I reserved around 6 am the morning after the gates opened due to the website crashing for a few hours. Having to work the next morning I threw in the towel and went to bed and decided to try again in the morning.

My Order on the other hand didn't get submitted until the cut off date. This was the dealers problem with the new way the orders were submitted. Plus how "SOME" dealers were familiarizing themselves with the system.

I still believe that it has a lot to do with the reservation date, because I did get my build date on Thursday July 1st.

All i can say is good luck and be patient, dont lose faith. Things can turn around in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In short, no.

Order date never mattered! Reservation date did...
As far as getting the most units built, this is mostly true now... However, ONLY when commodity constraints dictate. In other words, if they can't fill a reservation, they build whatever they have on hand, most likely being a 4 door soft top for dealer lots.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do believe in and have faith that reservation numbers are being used and are vital and important elements in forecasting and scheduling. Without adherence to that agreed to process the fundamental perception of fairness would deteriorate, and a lack confidence would cause the erosion of trust in the brand.

That’s why restaurants, hotels and other industries follow strict, transparent rules to ensure the perception of fairness.

Does that answer your question? No? Oh, as it relates to the Ford Bronco?

Well, that’s where things get a little tricky….Ford deviated from the reservation policy and adopted a process based more on cronyism and profits at the expense of fairness as evidenced by the introduction of priority orders, VIP orders, dealer stock, and dealership allocations.

They no longer ask “Who is next in line, and can we build his/her Bronco?” They now ask “How many Broncos can we build with the parts we have available?” They could build the next guy in lines Bronco with his 6 deadly sins….or they could use those same “constrained” parts to build 4 Broncos of later timestamps with only one deadly sin each…..$160k in sales vs $55k.

No one can convince me this isn’t occurring. I have seen it repeated over and over and lots of consumers like me with first 10 minute timestamps and #1 allocations are still in line as proof….while Sasquatch packages, 2.7’s, and Lux, etc., are rolling off the line like sparklers at a borderline fireworks booth.

But never mind me, I’m just a jaded, entitled, greedy boomer, whining about 1st world problems over “just a goddamn car”….and it’s my own fault for not ordering a 4dr, floppy topped 4 banger with all the creature comforts of an effing Chrysler K car.

Last edited:

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think everyone is forgetting the Ford GT roll out and “selection “. You could’ve been a die hard devotee with multiple versions of the previous Gen and still passed over. People had to send interviews for that car. No rhyme or reason beyond notoriety, who you knew or $$$.
Yep, but to be fair, everyone was notified, expectations set and the follow through was as they said. It was also a very limited production. The bronco is mass produced. I would let it go if a Ford rep would just reach out to us individually with an apology. A phone call would be nice and private and there would be no email to publicize.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
there is the literal, strict interpretation of the reservation time/date vs. the general relevance of the date.

if you look at most people who have received their Bronco, who have their Bronco scheduled, they have July 13/14 rsvp dates.

So yes, the rsvp dates matter, but are not strict...according to my opinion.
I don't think you can make a conclusion using data from this forum, this forum is massively skewed in the enthusiast demographic (especially when you filter by people who post instead of occasionally read/lurk). Early reservations are going to be dominated by this enthusiast demographic. So yes, people on this forum posting about their deliveries are predominantly early reservation holders, but that is probably more down to a much higher proportion of active posters on this forum being early res holders rather than most people taking delivery now across the country being early reservation holders

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think you can make that conclusion using data from this forum, this forum is massively skewed in the enthusiast demographic (especially when you filter by people who post instead of occasionally read/lurk). Early reservations are going to be dominated by this enthusiast demographic.
I don't know how your point relates to what I wrote.

if you sample the rsvp dates of those who have received or with production date emails, almost all (that I have seen) are early rsvp. Maybe I am misunderstanding something.
Sponsored