Sponsored

Picking a Dealer - Do Allocations Matter?

sqaunchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere, I could not find a clear answer.

I've been reaching out to a number of dealers, trying to pick one that will sell at/near MSRP with the shortest lead-time to delivery. My understanding from reading on this forum is that my lead-time to delivery will be dictated by:
  1. The options I choose - MIC, SAS, and Tow will add time due to supply constraints
  2. # allocations a dealer has
  3. # orders a dealer has placed
Assuming this is true, then essentially each dealer would have X orders in front of me, where X = (# orders placed) - (# allocations). So, I'd pick the dealer with the smallest X.

However, many dealers have responded saying that their orders are not limited by allocations, and/or that they don't have allocations for customer orders, or that their allocations don't affect their custom orders.

So, do allocations matter for new orders?

Some other info:
I'm not a reservation holder. Is Ford prioritizing reservation holders' orders over new orders (I hope so, for your sake)?
I'm a digital nomad, so dealer location isn't an important factor for me. I'm just trying to find out how I can order for MSRP and take delivery the fastest.
Sponsored

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No one knows especially not the dealers.

Sorry.

Things like tow package and hardtop on the 4 door do matter a bit but some of those still get made. Some people have waited 530 plus days and others have gotten one almost immediately. For a while only the volume dealers got them early on now they've gotten all theirs and are getting high and dry.

Wish I could help more. My advice is order 3-4 from different dealers. Hell if you have a grand to spare order 10. I've had one reserved since the 3rd day and am at the point where I may order 5 just to see if one sticks randomly.

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Picking a Dealer - Do Allocations Matter? yuge-huge

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They only matter if you want your Bronco in the first half of this decade. Ask me how I know. :(

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Dealer allocations are the most important factor. Second is commodities. Third is reservation date, but only against others in line at that particular dealership.

2. There is no central list of allocations. Some dealers will give out the number, most will not.

3. If a dealer has allocations but has no buildable orders, they can order dealer stock to fill the allocations. Ford will not send builds to other dealerships with unfulfilled reservations that have already hit their allocation.

So it is a crap shoot. The only thing for certain is that dealerships providing the biggest discounts have the biggest waits.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I commend you for doing your homework and trying to make an informed buying decision for a ~$50k purchase.

Unfortunately, Ford and Ford dealerships want you to be completely in the dark. They seem to think it is better for you to have the least information possible when spending significant money.

Ford doesn't even want their dealerships sharing allocation information with the lowly peons buying the vehicles.

Ford and their dealerships appear to believe that proximity to a specific dealership should be the sole factor in your buying decision. Price, customer service and delivery timeline are meaningless attributes to them.

Good luck trying to thread the needle in the dark with Ford changing the rules throughout the game to ensure you lose and many poor dealerships focused on shaking you down for as much as possible.

OP
OP

sqaunchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Haha, thanks guys. Sounds like I'm on the right track as far as decision-making between dealers, despite their claims. :rolleyes:

I'll see about making a few parallel orders if I find some competitive dealers.

As far as options, what are your thoughts on just going aftermarket for a hard-top and tow package down the road?

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I commend you for doing your homework and trying to make an informed buying decision for a ~$50k purchase.

Unfortunately, Ford and Ford dealerships want you to be completely in the dark. They seem to think it is better for you to have the least information possible when spending significant money.

Ford doesn't even want their dealerships sharing allocation information with the lowly peons buying the vehicles.

Ford and their dealerships appear to believe that proximity to a specific dealership should be the sole factor in your buying decision. Price, customer service and delivery timeline are meaningless attributes to them.

Good luck trying to thread the needle in the dark with Ford changing the rules throughout the game to ensure you lose and many poor dealerships focused on shaking you down for as much as possible.
@Ford Motor Company don’t care either. Happy to leave people high and dry

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha, thanks guys. Sounds like I'm on the right track as far as decision-making between dealers, despite their claims. :rolleyes:

As far as options, what are your thoughts on just going aftermarket for a hard-top and tow package down the road?
Hard top is likely to be ~$4k

Sponsored

BB2022

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tow package will be easy to add aftermarket. There’s quite a few out there that just bolt right on and then you just need the wiring. Hard top is likely to be expensive but might be worth it if you’re wanting it quick.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs