Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there any word on "speed" limits for locker use? I though I had seen that in anything but "Baja" lockers are automatically disconnected around 25 mph. Any one have insight on this?
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, I plan on using Baja mode as Sport mode in my FE
You will not like that on the street. Baja and Sport are not the same. My Raptor has both Baja and Sport. Assuming that the Bronco's modes are similarly programmed the two modes are quite different.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there any word on "speed" limits for locker use? I though I had seen that in anything but "Baja" lockers are automatically disconnected around 25 mph. Any one have insight on this?
They are on the Raptor.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
This was in a recent post; you can get most of the features out of a couple of the modes.
DED207E5-9B89-4134-8E52-D77587A19FAC.jpeg
QUESTION:
Can GOAT modes be turned off OR is one mode always operational?

I am assuming the latter. Therefore, the only modes that matter are Sport (Base, BB, BD, OB, WT) and Baja (BL, FE, WT) vs Normal. Sport and Baja make throttle, tranny & steering response more aggressive. Wildtrak has both which sets 4H vs 2H. Everything else should be set separately.

I got Base w/Squatch, so no rock crawl. WHO CARES? If I am in rocks, I don't want both lockers engaged until I need them. When the terrain gets difficult, I'll engage the rear locker and see how I do with that. When that's not enough, I'll engage the front locker also. I engage capabilities as I need them which helps me understand what's needed, thus improving my skill. Many Bronco drivers will simply use rock crawl without appreciating what they are doing.

MODE SETTINGS INCONSISTENT THROUGH TRIM RANGE
Notice Rock Crawl mode engages BOTH front and rear lockers and is only available in BD, BL & FE trims. BUT, a Black Diamond with no Sasquatch only has a rear locker. BD also has no sway disconnect, so this aspect of Rock Crawl on exists only on BL & FE. So, Rock Crawl in a BD if far less capable than in Badlands. Similarly, Rock Crawl in a Black Diamond is far less capable than a Base Sasquatch with front and rear lockers engaged, regardless of the GOAT mode its in!

THE ONLY THINGS THAT MATTER

Primary Importance (selectable)
1) 2H, 4H & 4L - If you don't know when you need these, you are a total novice
2) Front & Rear Lockers - Takes off-roading to extreme level. Focus energy on learning these

Secondary Importance (selectable)
1) Throttle, tranny & steering response (Sport & Baja modes)
2) Traction control

Important (not selectable)
1) Ground clearance - Bigger tires better in all off-road conditions
2) Rotational mass - Smaller tires better in most road conditions

Un-Important
1) G.O.A.T modes

OTHER AWESOME THINGS
1) Trail turn assist
2) One pedal and no pedal drive

Last edited:

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok this is a good example of what i’m getting at. Since sport and baja are almost identical. Could I put my car in sport mode then put it in 4H and boom I have baja (assuming my trim doesn’t come with a baja goat mode)
There was a video... sorry I can't find it. It's not going to be exactly the same... but it's better than nothing. On the other hand, don't use Baja, or other offroad modes, on pavement (i.e. to get a sport mode). Maybe someone else can jump in and intelligently explain why... something about the offroad modes made to allow for slippage, and when done on pavement, will bind up the differential. Or something along those lines.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought I remember seeing something from one of the off road testers that Baja wouldn’t be good for the street.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I remember seeing something from one of the off road testers that Baja wouldn’t be good for the street.
4H on dry pavement is a great way to damage the internals

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Of course not. They are a gimmick. I hate traction and stability control and couldn't care less what the goat modes are doing. I don't even care about abs. Let me turn all the nannies off myself, and everything else such as throttle response and shift points could be taken care of with a Sport button.

All the goat modes do is cut down on the number of button presses you would otherwise need for the same effect. As such, I'll likely end up using them. But you could get rid of them entirely and I wouldn't notice.

They are really just something cool to show your friends, or give a novice a bit more confidence. Maybe too much even- see Focus RS drift mode fails.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
There was a video... sorry I can't find it. It's not going to be exactly the same... but it's better than nothing. On the other hand, don't use Baja, or other offroad modes, on pavement (i.e. to get a sport mode). Maybe someone else can jump in and intelligently explain why... something about the offroad modes made to allow for slippage, and when done on pavement, will bind up the differential. Or something along those lines.
Baja is essentially Sport mode for Badlands & First Edition. If you want a sporty drive on the road, put into Baja and select 2H. Obviously, you do NOT want 4H on the highway.

Similarly, Sport is Baja for Base, BB, BD & OB. If you want a sporty drive off-road, put into Sport mode and select 4H.

Deleted member 18388

So for a base, how do you duplicate Mud/Ruts? It says it adjusts the throttle. Just confused.

Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Baja is essentially Sport mode for Badlands & First Edition. If you want a sporty drive on the road, put into Bajo and select 2H. Obviously, you do NOT want 4H on the highway.

Similarly, Sport is Baja for Base, BB, BD & OB. If you want a sporty drive off-road, put into Sport mode and select 4H.
Yes. I was just making sure what is obvious for some, is pointed out for all. 4H highway = bad. Thank you for putting words to my thoughts!

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does “open” and “closed” exhaust change? Wastegate?
For now nothing, but you can assume at some point the bronco will get "active" exhaust like the mustang and new raptor.

Meaning you will have "quiet" mode, and then some combo of other modes making the exhaust louder. It's just a diverter flap in the muffler.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm getting a manual transmission. How would traction control work with a stick? If you try to give it more gas and a faster engagement to get some wheel spin I mean, could the COAT mode even stop you? Other items like shift points are obviously not GOAT adjustable. Does anyone know if the steering and throttle response are actually changeable in GOAT? You would think we'd have some definitive explanation of exactly what these modes do to what components...instead of guesswork by forum memebers.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

QUESTION:
Can GOAT modes be turned off OR is one mode always operational?

I am assuming the latter. Therefore, the only modes that matter are Sport (Base, BB, BD, OB, WT) and Baja (BL, FE, WT) vs Normal. Sport and Baja make throttle, tranny & steering response more aggressive. Wildtrak has both which sets 4H vs 2H. Everything else should be set separately.

I got Base w/Squatch, so no rock crawl. WHO CARES? If I am in rocks, I don't want both lockers engaged until I need them. When the terrain gets difficult, I'll engage the rear locker and see how I do with that. When that's not enough, I'll engage the front locker also. I engage capabilities as I need them which helps me understand what's needed, thus improving my skill. Many Bronco drivers will simply use rock crawl without appreciating what they are doing.

MODE SETTINGS INCONSISTENT THROUGH TRIM RANGE
Notice Rock Crawl mode engages BOTH front and rear lockers and is only available in BD, BL & FE trims. BUT, a Black Diamond with no Sasquatch only has a rear locker. BD also has no sway disconnect, so this aspect of Rock Crawl on exists only on BL & FE. So, Rock Crawl in a BD if far less capable than in Badlands. Similarly, Rock Crawl in a Black Diamond is far less capable than a Base Sasquatch with front and rear lockers engaged, regardless of the GOAT mode its in!

THE ONLY THINGS THAT MATTER

Primary Importance (selectable)
1) 2H, 4H & 4L - If you don't know when you need these, you are a total novice
2) Front & Rear Lockers - Takes off-roading to extreme level. Focus energy on learning these

Secondary Importance (selectable)
1) Throttle, tranny & steering response (Sport & Baja modes)
2) Traction control

Important (not selectable)
1) Ground clearance - Bigger tires better in all off-road conditions
2) Rotational mass - Smaller tires better in most road conditions

Un-Important
1) G.O.A.T modes

OTHER AWESOME THINGS
1) Trail turn assist
2) One pedal and no pedal drive
You forgot under Primary Improtance (selectable):
7MT (you, not a computer) controls shift points and drivetrain engagement ...
Sponsored