Sponsored

Does Android Auto NOT suck for some of you?

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate that the "safety feature" does not allow you to connect or manage the blue tooth connection while moving but you can do anything you want while hard wired. What a stupid restriction that is.
Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all good here with my S22 Plus, no issues connecting or starting
Android Version 13

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
S21 Ultra 5G, lux package 22 bronco WT.
It works well... no problemos at all.

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After two days of hope post clearing cache AA is back to its old self. Locked up this morning for no apparent reason, was not doing anything with it other than starting and stopping the vehicle. The replies from this thread show fairly clearly that this is not related to a particular phone and OS version. Unfortunately I did not ask for information on screen size early enough so can't draw conclusions there.

Is there a y cache flushing/reset that can be done on the vehicle side other than the head unit reset (which I have done dozens of times)?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

22 BD small screen, Pixel 7....occasionally AA will just disconnect (BT) and I have to plug it in. Once I unplug it, it's out again until vehicle restarts. I figure a bug that should get fixed somewhere along the way. Fortunately, doesn't happen much.

Sponsored

Mmunoz7470

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No issues for me, works great. I have a 23 OBX with lux. My phone is a pixel 6 running android 14

bbacon05

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had no issues at all with my Android Auto. I've got a Galaxy Z Flip 5 running Android 14 beta on the 8" screen. I'm also using Adguard in private DNS and don't have to disable it before doing wireless AA

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On my Bronco it is a buggy as hell. Locks up at least once a day (I typically have only two 20 min commutes), sometimes more.

I have tried running it only wired, only wireless, mixed, nothing makes it better. Not sure if it is a Ford or Google issue. I have seen similar lockups with Chevy rentals. On the other hand it works flawlessly on my wife's GLC300. I also tested it with a CarlinKit 5.0 wireless adapter on the GLC (https://a.co/d/57D2ezh) and it does not freeze there too. Tempered to just buy the Carlinkit for the Bronco and call it a day, because Ford and/or Google clearly have no interest in fixing bugs.

When responding please note screen size of your Bronco, as well as the phone and major version of Android you are using.

I am on a Samsung S23U with the latest software updates. The Bronco is also fully updated, last patch was Oct 2.
Had my Bronco for 2+years and didn't have issues until about 3 months ago. It's getting worse. Disconnects constantly and won't reconnect. All software on phone and bronco are up to date. 8" screen and galaxy s10

Lil Mul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2DR Badlands SAS / 2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
'23 Badlands SAS High.

Works like a charm every time but I don't try to do it wireless. Make sure to keep it and whatever apps you use with it updated on your phone. Seems to matter for me.

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems more so recently issues have started for me. S23 phone and my output audio will drop but stay connected on a call (they can here me, but I hear nothing). I have to turn the Bluetooth on and off (from the phone) to get it to start working again.

Sponsored

BillysMom

Base
First Name
Jetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & some motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only way I've been able to make it work as expected is to completely remove the FordPass app from my phone.

Have had the dealer look at the issue to no avail, then one day I got frustrated and started diagnosing by removing possible conflicts and that pretty much solved 99% of all android auto weirdness, wireless or plugged.

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only way I've been able to make it work as expected is to completely remove the FordPass app from my phone.

Have had the dealer look at the issue to no avail, then one day I got frustrated and started diagnosing by removing possible conflicts and that pretty much solved 99% of all android auto weirdness, wireless or plugged.
Interesting. Just disabled it let me see how it does.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never really had any issues with my '22 Lux connecting to my OnePlus 9 Pro running Android 11 with wired USB. I didn't use wireless AA with that phone. Got a new Nothing Phone 2 running Android 13 and everything works except I have no audio in phone calls. Wired and wireless are both broken. I've tried all fixes I could find online including changing the Bluetooth connection ringtone. Will be eagerly awaiting a Sync 4 update and further updates for my phone.

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have recently forced AA to use only wireless connection, ran a 10ft USBC from the center console to the left grab bar (which is where my phone lives). Getting Qi fast charging now and AA is somewhat better behaved. Still freezes a couple of times per week but at least it is not a couple of times a day.

Can't believe that @Ford Motor Company found it unnecessary to provide USB ports capable of fast charging on a 2021 design.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After coming across a random suggestion on another Ford vehicle forum (Mustang E/F-150/Maverick whatever it was) I DELETED THE FORDPASS APP and my Android Auto now works fully as intended. Incoming and outgoing call audio is heard both directions, via wired or wireless. Bluetooth to Sync connection is set to Use Phone's Ringtone, for what that's worth. My FordPass app was version 4.31.1, Android Auto version 10.9.634644.
Sponsored