Sponsored

Does anyone know if you can fit 33's on the standard non-sasquatch Outer Banks ?

MattSpatt

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would like to know what the largest tire size fits on the standard outer banks bronco,

would like to fit 33's but not sure if it will allow it.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there are 300 threads with that question. The quick answer, no one knows, but probably with some minor mods, like removing crash bars and potentially wheel spacers. May need a small spacer lift.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Isn't it only a half inch off of that to start with? If so, then it should have no issues whatsoever.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think there are 300 threads with that question. The quick answer, no one knows, but probably with some minor mods, like removing crash bars and potentially wheel spacers. May need a small spacer lift.
Yes.... Probably are 300 threads by now.
But why go through all that trouble when you can just get offset wheels? Seems easier.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes.... Probably are 300 threads by now.
But why go through all that trouble when you can just get offset wheels? Seems easier.
And probably required for the wider tire. It still will likely require crash bar removal or modifications. By the time you buy the AM wheels and tires and rear locker option on OBX, it starts to really be questionable why you don’t just go SQ(particularly if you want the advanced transfer case). That’s how I ended up at the BL from BD. The front locker, upgraded shocks, HD axle and sway bar disconnect ended up about $2k more and you get the durability and design to work best with the larger tires.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you know that? The Ranger takes the “32” and the “33” absolutely does not fit. It requires wheel spacers and intrusion bar modifications. The Bronco is very similar, with slight changes to the upper control arm(that does appear to help, but does not change the intrusion bar issues). The better answer would be, I don’t know, but probably not.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was a very detailed sketch drawn with the spacing, etc. which shows there is enough room for 33s on the Outer Banks. I can't remember the thread name, but it was several months ago.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t really care one way or the other and no beer is necessary, I was just trying to help the person understand the situation. No one knows at this point, but the information that is availability, points to the answer being no. If you have information that helps indicate the answer is yes, that’s cool, let the forum know. I spent a lot of time reading and researching when I went to make my decision and order, so I summarized the information I have and the Forum has discussed at length. Even the variation in which “33” would have to go into the equation. The 255/80/17? Probably not, 285/70/17 is the “possible” option (its less than 33” diameter) 33x12.50, not a chance.

Edit- here is the details that Southern Girl mentioned. If you combine that information with several of the buildups on Rangers from reputable shops , the answer is maybe, with spacers and or different wheels, depending on the tire. The author also notes that the larger tires will fit with interference only coming at full articulation. Who wants a tire that hits the crash bars when going off road? That’s exactly what happened when others tried to fit the 285/70/17 on the Ranger.

https://www.bronco6g.com/detailed-calculations-show-aftermarket-tire-size-fitments-on-bronco-trims/

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There you go, if you want it to say yes, it says yes! I read it and it says at full articulation it will likely hit the intrusion bars. Then I research a bit more and see several instances on the Ranger (which the above post mentions has the same clearance #s) that when they for the 285/70/70, it hits the intrusion bars at full articulation. So in my mind, than answer is no. I don’t want to buy a $45k vehicle, stuff $1k worth of tire on it and not be able to use the vehicle as intended, end up getting stuck or tearing up my tires or suspension because my tire hits at full articulation. Now once we have vehicles on the street, we may find that’s not the case and the specs are different enough that they fit, but to my knowledge, no one has tried it and certainly not across a selection of tires (it varies by manufacturer, sometimes significantly for the same “size”) to know what works and what doesn’t. To each their own.

OP
OP
MattSpatt

MattSpatt

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There you go, if you want it to say yes, it says yes! I read it and it says at full articulation it will likely hit the intrusion bars. Then I research a bit more and see several instances on the Ranger (which the above post mentions has the same clearance #s) that when they for the 285/70/70, it hits the intrusion bars at full articulation. So in my mind, than answer is no. I don’t want to buy a $45k vehicle, stuff $1k worth of tire on it and not be able to use the vehicle as intended, end up getting stuck or tearing up my tires or suspension because my tire hits at full articulation. Now once we have vehicles on the street, we may find that’s not the case and the specs are different enough that they fit, but to my knowledge, no one has tried it and certainly not across a selection of tires (it varies by manufacturer, sometimes significantly for the same “size”) to know what works and what doesn’t. To each their own.
I appreciate the knowledge from both of you, tbh I'm getting the OBX because I don't do much off roading, and definitely no Rock crawling, just looking to get the look of a beefier tire.

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I appreciate the knowledge from both of you, tbh I'm getting the OBX because I don't do much off roading, and definitely no Rock crawling, just looking to get the look of a beefier tire.
I'm thinking the same. Are you considering a 2" lift if it's offered as a factory install?

Any ideas (from anyone) on potential cost?

I don't want to Sas my OBX but am looking at a small lift and possibly bigger tires down the road. Also considering the cost difference between lift and tires (once we get some figures) and Sas. I know Sasquatch adds much more...just don't know if I will need it and definitely don't want to pay for it.

OP
OP
MattSpatt

MattSpatt

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm thinking the same. Are you considering a 2" lift if it's offered as a factory install?

Any ideas (from anyone) on potential cost?

I don't want to Sas my OBX but am looking at a small lift and possibly bigger tires down the road. Also considering the cost difference between lift and tires (once we get some figures) and Sas. I know Sasquatch adds much more...just don't know if I will need it and definitely don't want to pay for it.
I wasn't planning on it, if i have to go through that much trouble I may as well just get the badlands with 33's
Sponsored

Reactions: sjp