Sponsored

Does anyone know if you can fit 33's on the standard non-sasquatch Outer Banks ?

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wasn't planning on it, if i have to go through that much trouble I may as well just get the badlands with 33's
I priced that out and ended up at about $5K more than my current build. So...looking at other options.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MattSpatt

MattSpatt

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I priced that out and ended up at about $5K more than my current build. So...looking at other options.
Yeah how much is it going to cost to get new lift and tires, plus you get the warranty of Ford on that, plus you get vinyl seats which imho is nicer than the leather.

Reactions: sjp

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I appreciate the knowledge from both of you, tbh I'm getting the OBX because I don't do much off roading, and definitely no Rock crawling, just looking to get the look of a beefier tire.
I think some of the disagreement comes from folks not considering width. A 33" tire is only 1/2" larger in radius, so no big deal, but a 285 tire is 1 1/4" larger in width and the combination of diameter and width will probably rub somewhere. So if you want a wide tall tire maybe Sas or Badlands would be a better choice. But if you prefer a narrower tallish tire (like me) I think you'll be OK with a 255/80 x 17 (33.06" dia) rather than a 285/70 x 17 (32.71" dia). IMO

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as width goes, the Badlands tire is approx 11.2”. These sizes are of similar width, just a larger (taller) diameter:
285/75 17
285/70 18

maybe they fit. Maybe one needs to replace the crash bars with the narrow ones.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mattwings @MVtech @MattSpatt

In the end Mattwings is right in that nobody really knows for 100% certain at this point.

Obx tire is 32.1"
Badlands tires is 32.7"

.6" is really much difference at all..... .3" per side (I call it 1/4")
The width is where there MAY be issues.
My opinion is "I HIGHLY doubt it". (and that is stating it very mildly...in my opinion)

Especially after looking at the backspace of the factory wheels.
The tightest fitting one is the Badlands with the 33's.

The .6" of height is not going to be an issue, and on the OBX,BB wheels, 33's will actually have MORE room on the backside.

16 x 7 = 55mm offset = 6.17" Backspace (Base)
17&18 x 7.5 = 55mm = 6.42" backspace (BB, BD & OBX)
17 x 8 = 55mm offset = 6.67" backspace (Badlands)
17 x 8.5 = 30mm off = 5.93" backspace (Squatch)

Hell, I'm not even concerned about putting 33.1" tires on my base Base and am seriously considering the 285/75-17 at 33.8".
Those 285/75's I'd definitely test fit before plopping down the cash and driving away.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It honestly makes no difference to me. I think it could fit. Based on the research it’s possible, maybe even probable? I was only passing along what I had researched and my conclusion. The thing no one has answered, if the Bronco maintains the same dimensions as the Bronco, why can’t you fit the 285/70/17 on a Ranger? You might argue it does. You can fit it, you can drive it, you can even turn almost full lock to lock on flat ground with no issues. If you stuff the suspension to full articulation and steering lock, it hosts the crash bars pretty significantly. That may or may not happen with the Bronco, but no one will know until they try to fit them. I have no clue why you want to give me beer and I have no issue if it does fit, I am happy if it does, If anything.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, liability being what it is these days, I'd never suggest somebody go out and buy 33's on my advice.

But for me personally, I may pre-purchase wheels and tires.
33's no sweat.
33.8's = definitely going to see if I can arrange a test fit for sure. No way I'd all out buy on faith .
We have a long time until June or later, there may be a Ford lift available by then, if needed. If so, I'm definitely going small lift and 285/75's (33.8)
Sponsored