Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having worked within the Toyota brand for ten years, it's extremely disappointing that the current generation 4Runner has seen NO changes since its release in 2010, and no drivetrain upgrades since 2005. The thing is an antique by current standards, and unless they do something crazy with the next generation, I'll be giving Ford a shot.

Toyota's mechanical reliability is one thing, but it's pointless when it hasn't changed fundamentally in 15 years.
No drivetrain updates since 2005? I was in high school in 2005.
Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm ditching my 2016 4Runner TRD Pro for the Bronco. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my 4Runner but it is pretty boring. We actually own 2 Pros so I'll still have one in the garage. The 6 Gen 4Runner is coming but I'm not expecting anything life shattering though. They do have a cult like following but I think many like me will leave do to them being so conservative and not giving us what we want. I got Banned from the Pro FB page just for saying that I ordered a Bronco and if anyone else was jumping ship. It started a shit show. :ROFLMAO:

side.jpg

What bronco trim are you getting and which engine?

Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What bronco trim are you getting and which engine?
I'm ditching my 2016 4Runner TRD Pro for the Bronco. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my 4Runner but it is pretty boring. We actually own 2 Pros so I'll still have one in the garage. The 6 Gen 4Runner is coming but I'm not expecting anything life shattering though. They do have a cult like following but I think many like me will leave do to them being so conservative and not giving us what we want. I got Banned from the Pro FB page just for saying that I ordered a Bronco and if anyone else was jumping ship. It started a shit show. :ROFLMAO:

side.jpg
What powertrain do you predict will be on the 6th gen 4runner when it comes out in 2022?

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What powertrain do you predict will be on the 6th gen 4runner when it comes out in 2022?
I think the 6th Gen will be something along the lines of a small displacement single turbo V-6. I'd love to see the 4.6 V-8 from the GX but I'm hearing that Toyota wants all V-8s gone. I'd rather see the same old 4.0L then that terrible 3.5L and trans combo out of the Tacoma. That thing is straight garbage.

Jbatman

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Currently own 2 4Runners (‘15 limited and ‘18 TRD) - adding a 4 door FE to the mix. May sell the wife’s limited due to redundancy but I don’t think I’ll ever let go of mine.

KillaC

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96’ wrangler, 18’ GTI, 20’ 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2020 4Runner trd pro for my work vehicle, and it’s fine enough but it doesn’t make my heart sing. It’s plenty capable of what I’ve taken it out for on the weekends, but it’s honestly not fun to wheel in a soccer mom rig. I’ll probably just turn it in to the company once I get my bronco since the bronco will be plenty capable of my work needs. Won’t lose a wink of sleep without it in my garage.

Broncode

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 1972 FJ40 restomod (4.7 iForce V8) and I absolutely love it. Will never consider selling it. I’ve also owned three 4Runners and although the 4Runners are more comfortable, they are nowhere near as exciting as my FJ40. Now, the Bronco is the closest thing to my FJ40 in terms of what I wanted in a modern rendition of an FJ40. Toyota failed to offer that, yet Ford did! This is why I want a Bronco. Reliability is subjective in that a well cared for American car will last as long as an average cared for Japanese car.

btw, the original straight six in my FJ40 was made by Chevy for Toyota....and my original motor had 630k miles.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I cant say much for newer vehicles as I've never driven newer than about 2008. But people out here who love their yotas are always working on em. The front end seems to be an endless source of trouble. They also largely have tinted windows to hide the fact that their interior panels are all taken apart for various reasons.

As far as myself or my family (who always buy new cars) every ford Ive been around has been very reliable even my old 70s stuff, sure the parts that have rusted away give troubles but usually a quick trip to the parts store got me home in the same day. But the flex, expedition, marquis, and mustang lived a basically trouble free life.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I cant say much for newer vehicles as I've never driven newer than about 2008. But people out here who love their yotas are always working on em. The front end seems to be an endless source of trouble. They also largely have tinted windows to hide the fact that their interior panels are all taken apart for various reasons.

As far as myself or my family (who always buy new cars) every ford Ive been around has been very reliable even my old 70s stuff, sure the parts that have rusted away give troubles but usually a quick trip to the parts store got me home in the same day. But the flex, expedition, marquis, and mustang lived a basically trouble free life.
I'm not sure what Toyota you are referring too? 4Runners have no front end or interior panel issues.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That 4runner life must have got to you:ROFLMAO:
Nah man I love my 4Runners but just wanting something with all the new tech and stuff. Wife still has a TRD Pro 4Runner so I'll move my mods over to that one. Honestly if the Bronco didn't look so badass I wouldn't give mine up.

just972

Wildtrak
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner, Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love my 4runner. Even though it is dated... It is reliable and will still be on the road in 15-20 years. I am planning on paying it off June of 2022 and keeping it after I buy my new Bronco... Unless Ford can tempt me into buying it sooner. I did make a reservation just in case.. And it will also depend on how the flow of new Broncos is hitting the dealers and the supply line.
Sponsored