First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always invested in a big shield for every vehicle I've owned. I bought the Ford brand Bug Shield for my Badlands Bronco and tbh I'm not sure it actually does anything to alter chanel air flow and repel bugs at all. I like the look of it, aesthetically, but not sure this version really does anything. I realize the Bronco windshield it def more vertical, so maybe that's the real issue...but does anyone else feel like this ver bug shield doesn't do anything? Is there one that functions better anyone would recommend?

Screenshot_20240425-080753.png
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've always invested in a big shield for every vehicle I've owned. I bought the Ford brand Bug Shield for my Badlands Bronco and tbh I'm not sure it actually does anything to alter chanel air flow and repel bugs at all. I like the look of it, aesthetically, but not sure this version really does anything. I realize the Bronco windshield it def more vertical, so maybe that's the real issue...but does anyone else feel like this very bug shield doesn't do anything? Is there one that functions better anyone would recommend?

Ford Bronco Does the Ford Bug Shield actually work? Screenshot_20240425-080753
Yes it works. Less bugs on windshield and no rock chips since installing. I have the iag gloss black and you can't even tell it is on the bronco blends in with black paint. Also recommend PPF for hood. You can install it on top of PPF.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the version w/ the raised hump and it does a pretty good job for me w/ both bugs and debris.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the version w/ the raised hump and it does a pretty good job for me w/ both bugs and debris.
Same. I've heard my lightbar get hit with rocks while driving down the highway and my windshield has not.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The one you purchased only protects the front of the hood, it does not have the deflector bump. There is a different one that provides that feature.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
Averagejoe5

Averagejoe5

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one you purchased only protects the front of the hood, it does not have the deflector bump. There is a different one that provides that feature.
That's interesting because the name of the product on the website says BUG SHIELD lol. Thank you, I'll see if I can return it to Ford and get the other ver

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have the version with the raised back and it was noticeable better. Than without.

OPs version doesn’t look like it would do anything except protect against rocks to that exact area.
Likewise. I have noticed a considerable decrease in bug splatter on the windshield since adding it.
YMMV 🤠

Sponsored

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's interesting because the name of the product on the website says BUG SHIELD lol. Thank you, I'll see if I can return it to Ford and get the other ver
Yup, make sure to get the Aeroskin II with the raised bump. Small pebbles and bugs seem to fly over rather than into the windshield now. It even alleviated my mirror whistle due to changing the airflow. I have a 2021, and my dealer refused to switch out my side mirror caps with the updated ones with fins, even though there was a TSB for it.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've always invested in a big shield for every vehicle I've owned. I bought the Ford brand Bug Shield for my Badlands Bronco and tbh I'm not sure it actually does anything to alter chanel air flow and repel bugs at all. I like the look of it, aesthetically, but not sure this version really does anything. I realize the Bronco windshield it def more vertical, so maybe that's the real issue...but does anyone else feel like this ver bug shield doesn't do anything? Is there one that functions better anyone would recommend?

Ford Bronco Does the Ford Bug Shield actually work? Screenshot_20240425-080753
IMO, that one may protect chips in that area but will not push up & over (the windshield) bugs and rocks. The one pictured below, another member posted before and after install photos vs. the quantity of bugs hitting the glass and it was dramatically reduced. Me; so far no chips and I also have ExoShield installed. I have this one, raised ridge on it:
Ford Bronco Does the Ford Bug Shield actually work? InManCave2

OP
OP
Averagejoe5

Averagejoe5

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO, that one may protect chips in that area but will not push up & over (the windshield) bugs and rocks. The one pictured below, another member posted before and after install photos vs. the quantity of bugs hitting the glass and it was dramatically reduced. Me; so far no chips and I also have ExoShield installed. I have this one, raised ridge on it:
Ford Bronco Does the Ford Bug Shield actually work? InManCave2
Thank you, really appreciate it! I will be switching to a more capable shield

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had mine on for over 2 years now and just got my first windshield chip at 45k miles driving up to Utah.. Not sure if the deflector had anything to do with it lol. It looks good imo though.

Ford Bronco Does the Ford Bug Shield actually work? Bronco_GenFill_1

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aeroskin II for me, no trouble, maybe less hits from things, but I also have a plastic shield on the glass. Can't have too much with these things.
Sponsored