SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a 2.3L 6MT driver in my Focus RS (yes I know, drastically different weight classes being compared), I am not surprised by Doug's change of demeanor between talking about the output numbers and actually getting behind the wheel. The 2.3L I4 absolutely hauls ass once you get out of the extremely short first gear. Keeping it in boost and between 2nd or 3rd gear in the RS is a dream.

I don't really care about 0-60 times in an SUV -- all that matters is the 20-60 or even 30-70 times for those highway on ramps, and I have zero doubts about the 2.3L 7MT, it may even pull harder than the 10 speed auto you have to put on the 2.7L V6 configs.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I chuckled a bit when he said, "It's on sale now". I guess you can say that's a relative term when it comes to the Bronco.

The thing I noticed in all reviews, the so called pros and actual owners, is they want to talk about interior noise. I looks at that as just part of the experience with an off road oriented vehicle. With tires the size of a small planet, and an top with little insulation being the nature of the beast, it will give you more road noise than your Ford Explorer. My Jeep is the same way, but it's not overly annoying. With everything in place at highway speeds you can have a normal conversation, and hear the the entertainment system without any problem. But with the doors, and top off that all goes out the window. :)

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is a great review.
1. He shows and demonstrates how the various switches and gizmos actually work on a 4dr MIC top, more completely than many other reviews.
2. He gets the brawny point of the hard plastic, cleanable basic interior trim surfaces, while warning fussy rich people they'll complain
3. He reminds us who have been driving comfortable cars and trucks that this is an off-roader's Bronco, not a cushy vehicle.
4. His score places it higher than a Jeep, but lower than a pricey Land Rover.

So, I know what I'm getting in fun, versatility and uniqueness, and what I'm giving up in the spacious comfort and room of my F150.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"Thiiisss is the new ford bronco the hottest SUV of the year and ford can't build them fast enough"

correction- Ford can't build them at all

Rambler

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘04 Silverado, ‘97 Wrangler, ‘65 Norton
Your Bronco Model
Base
I enjoy Doug’s reviews. It did look like he used two Broncos in this video, the gorgeous AMB one for the front and side views and a black one when showing the rear view. Did he really think we wouldn’t notice that?

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same significant headliner shedding we've seen from other videos at 16:55. Have any owners had luck scrubbing / vacuuming (/ power-washing??) their headliners to remove all these loose fibers?
I saw that, and it bothers me also. So much so I'm thinking of asking if it can be omitted from my OBX build. I would much rather wait for the HotHead liner, and pay for it instead of having fibers falling all over the place. I hoping someone that has had theirs awhile will report some kind of remedy.

az_dirt

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bad Sas AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw that awesome photo you uploaded in the Wrangler review thread, the AMB looks so good.

Would love if you could post additional photos when you get a chance. I'm really flummoxed by this color; every time I've seen it in person on Broncos or F150s it has ranged from jet black in the shade to barely discernible navy blue in direct sunlight. Your photo above reads true-to-life in my experience. And then this Doug Demuro video makes it look straight-up blue, much closer to what the B&P render shows, which I had been considering a pretty inaccurate representation until now. What are you finding day to day?

Also - I have only ever owned light color cars and was cautioned dark cars show micro-scratches much more readily than light ones. How is the AMB holding up for you on that front?
It is the darkest blue I have ever seen, very dark. If I didn't know better it looks black. Looks awesome to me. Here are some pics in a couple of different lighting. Bonus pic showing wild broncos in the background.

IMG_20210805_100602_856.jpg

PXL_20210801_152522895.jpg

PXL_20210801_135547034.jpg

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty honest review. Particularly on the interior materials, and potential disconnect with certain peoples expectations when jumping on the ford bronco train. I somewhat fall in that category too, but in a more passionate way of "resurrected classic bronco, gotta have it", and not a "rich guy getting a hyped up truck" kind of way. But in the end, while I was initially hoping this could serve double duty (family hauler) which technically it could (but i likely wont), I walked away realizing I basically added about 10k of creature comforts to an off roading toy. Which is fine, given I still want to well spec'd bronco....this topic has been covered, but Doug did a good job addressing it.

Last edited:

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do enjoy his videos but I wish he'd add a scoring system based on comparative vehicles as well as the overall automotive industry. Example is the acceleration- it scores a one (1) b/c the acceleration isn't great when you compare it to a Tesla Model S. But if you were to score it compared to a Wrangler, 4runner, etc. it would score higher than a one (1).

Sponsored

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doug Demuro, a little late, but still the gold standard.. The thing about Doug, you gotta love his quirks and features, and honest informed opinion.... : )

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I too am concerned with the liner shredding fibers, and it was a $250 option/value? I'd rather see a liner like on a jacket made of a polyester fabric, still cheap and light.

The 2 points difference are very subjective (coolness factor), although I/we agree it's cool, we ordered/reserved one, and the areas of performance and such seem to be even.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is the darkest blue I have ever seen, very dark. If I didn't know better it looks black. Looks awesome to me. Here are some pics in a couple of different lighting. Bonus pic showing wild broncos in the background.

Ford Bronco [Doug Demuro Reviews] Ford Bronco Is the Hottest SUV of the Year PXL_20210801_135547034

Ford Bronco [Doug Demuro Reviews] Ford Bronco Is the Hottest SUV of the Year PXL_20210801_135547034

Thanks for the extra photos! Agree, reads nearly black here. Different look from the opening of Doug's video. I'm thinking the color in Doug's video must be an effect of the camera - his face is in the sun and looks pretty overexposed in that first shot, so I guess it's brightening up the visual appearance of the car significantly which is causing it to read much more blue than it looks to the eye.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw that, and it bothers me also. So much so I'm thinking of asking if it can be omitted from my OBX build. I would much rather wait for the HotHead liner, and pay for it instead of having fibers falling all over the place. I hoping someone that has had theirs awhile will report some kind of remedy.
Agreed. I started another thread, hoping to get some input from owners.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mic-top-owners-solutions-for-headliner-shedding.20993/

az_dirt

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bad Sas AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the extra photos! Agree, reads nearly black here. Different look from the opening of Doug's video. I'm thinking the color in Doug's video must be an effect of the camera - his face is in the sun and looks pretty overexposed in that first shot, so I guess it's brightening up the visual appearance of the car significantly which is causing it to read much more blue than it looks to the eye.
You're welcome. Much darker in person, the video shows most blue it will ever be!
Sponsored