Sponsored

Driveshaft and steering rack different in Sasquatch?

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just wondering/thinking. Does anyone know if the drive line ie drive shaft and what not, are the same or different from SAS package or the same as ones with 33's. Same question for steering rack. Bigger tires = more weight more stress on these systems.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other than the difference between transmissions (auto or manual) and engine choice the base Badlands has the same drive train components and steering rack as the Sasquatch. Sasquatch suspension has bit more lift than base Badlands...by all accounts+/- 5/8" additional lift on Sas suspension. Also, the base Badlands on 33s w/ the 2.3 & 7MT gets the same 4.70 gearing as Sas. Base Badlands w/ the 2.3 & 10sp auto box get 4.46 gearing I beleive.

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What they said! ^ Easy way think about it is if you have a front locker you have a different differential housing and improved Rack. The differential for the locker is a cast iron unit that is stronger than the cast aluminum on the non locker type.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other than the difference between transmissions (auto or manual) and engine choice the base Badlands has the same drive train components and steering rack as the Sasquatch. Sasquatch suspension has bit more lift than base Badlands...by all accounts+/- 5/8" additional lift on Sas suspension. Also, the base Badlands on 33s w/ the 2.3 & 7MT gets the same 4.70 gearing as Sas. Base Badlands w/ the 2.3 & 10sp auto box get 4.46 gearing I beleive.

While I myself donā€™t know the differences directly off-hand I do know there are different part numbers depending on if you have Sasquatch or not for the steering gear. And again I donā€™t know exact details but I remember in development the Raptor requested and used the Badlands rack specifically but donā€™t know if there are truly any differences.

There are 5 racks listed.

MB3Z-3504-A
MB3Z-3504-C
MB3Z-3504-E
MB3Z-3504-F
MB3Z-3504-G

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious if anyone knows if a Non-SAS Bronco has a different steering rack than a SAS Bronco.
As noted above, there are different part numbers so racks may differ. However, as far as an upgraded and more-beefy steering rack that has been identified and advertised, no, Squatch Broncos have the same rack as (most) other non-Squatch Broncos:

MY21 - MY22: all non-Raptor Broncos have the same steering rack
MY22: Braptor has upgraded steering rack
MY22.5: WT has ability to option Fox shocks which includes upgraded steering rack
MY23 - MY24: WT has Fox shocks and upgraded steering rack as standard equipment
MY24 - BL now includes an undefined upgraded steering rack. It can be assumed that a BL-Squatch will also include the same upgraded rack

(List should be complete but if there are some inaccuracies lmk and I will correct)

Edit. MY24 - All Squatch Broncos will receive the upgraded steering rack.

Last edited:

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As noted above, there are different part numbers so racks may differ. However, as far as an upgraded and more-beefy steering rack that has been identified and advertised, no, Squatch Broncos have the same rack as (most) other non-Squatch Broncos:

MY21 - MY22: all non-Raptor Broncos have the same steering rack
MY22: Braptor has upgraded steering rack
MY22.5: WT has ability to option Fox shocks which includes upgraded steering rack
MY23 - MY24: WT has Fox shocks and upgraded steering rack as standard equipment
MY24 - BL now includes an undefined upgraded steering rack. It can be assumed that a BL-Squatch will also include the same upgraded rack

(List should be complete but if there are some inaccuracies lmk and I will correct)
Thank you!