First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Raptor designed to haul-ass in the dirt, and you can manually paddle shift it.
You will never "need" the tachometer for that. It will automatically upshift if you get it near the red line.
Sponsored

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You will never "need" the tachometer for that. It will automatically upshift if you get it near the red line.
Same logic could be used with the rev limiter on a manual...

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same logic could be used with the rev limiter on a manual...
Do you think an intuitive tachometer is just as important in an automatic (with or without paddles) as it is in a manual?

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you think an intuitive tachometer is just as important in an automatic (with or without paddles) as it is in a manual?
Look...I understand your point about a more traditional looking tach. I have the same thing in my Explorer ST. In most modes, the tach is a small sliding bar on the side of the display, and when I go to 'Sport' mode the dash changes to almost what you see in this Raptor video.

But you are complaining about the responsiveness of a bar tach in a 5,000 lb+ vehicle with a 4 cylinder engine. If you are driving it anywhere near redline and worrying about getting those shifts juuuuussssttttt before that point, you are driving the wrong vehicle.

Just my opinion of course.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5000 lb vehicle or not, it needs a REAL tach. I drive up steeps hills daily and due to SAS short gearing, I need to keep the engine in powerband in order to move as I need to move. The bar tach is a joke and the fact that it would have cost Ford ZERO dollars to have made some level of improvement is unforgiveable. This is an enthusiast vehicle and the "oooopsie, we forgot to care about it" tach is laughable at best and embarrassing at worst. It remains perhaps the biggest black eye on the vehicle IMO - aside from stickers instead of metal emblems, anyway.

Sponsored

TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, paddles are best used for downshifting and holding a gear. For full throttle upshifts no driver is faster than the computers so simply let it shift itself. For downshifting say around a corner and you can leave it in auto, but once you have completed the corner it will return to auto upshifting.

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look...I understand your point about a more traditional looking tach. I have the same thing in my Explorer ST. In most modes, the tach is a small sliding bar on the side of the display, and when I go to 'Sport' mode the dash changes to almost what you see in this Raptor video.

But you are complaining about the responsiveness of a bar tach in a 5,000 lb+ vehicle with a 4 cylinder engine. If you are driving it anywhere near redline and worrying about getting those shifts juuuuussssttttt before that point, you are driving the wrong vehicle.

Just my opinion of course.
This makes much more sense to me... I'm used to driving my GTI and old R32 lol.

So, I am absolutely looking at it that way. But still thrilled to have a Bronco that can go anywhere instead of a little fragile sports car.

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopeful for an OTA update for that dash!

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

5000 lb vehicle or not, it needs a REAL tach. I drive up steeps hills daily and due to SAS short gearing, I need to keep the engine in powerband in order to move as I need to move. The bar tach is a joke and the fact that it would have cost Ford ZERO dollars to have made some level of improvement is unforgiveable. This is an enthusiast vehicle and the "oooopsie, we forgot to care about it" tach is laughable at best and embarrassing at worst. It remains perhaps the biggest black eye on the vehicle IMO - aside from stickers instead of metal emblems, anyway.
if you need an analog tach to make sure youre are in powerband on hills, please stay off the trails. powerband is something you feel, and on the trail your eyes should be elsewhere, its not complicated. people bitch about everything these days

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So you cannot tell by feel when you need to be in a lower gear?

Sponsored

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's very similar to the F-150 Raptor display except you don't gear a big gear readout like that- it puts the rpm in X.X format, e.g., 2500 rpm is 2.5, in the center instead.

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that a little person driving?

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They actually fixed the Dash! I really hope that filters down to the other Broncos.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not using cruise, repurposed Airbus fender flares are keeping him at 75.

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just a fun little video of a minute behind wheel of a BRaptor.

ZZZZZZZZ...😴

He could of least floored it or hit the ditch 🤷‍♂️

SEND IT!!!
Sponsored