Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do have it set to auto yes, but outside during dayli

Not sure what you mean. Default from the factory is low beams ONLY for DRL. My amber bars do not turn on for DRLS by default, just low beams. Now if it is dark out, then both amber bars and low beams are on for headlights. I want to change the DRL lights. I ONLY want the amber bars to come on, not the low beams for DRLs. I have not been able to figure out the forscan settings to do this.
Comparing as-builts between signature and non signature, the only difference for low beams being DRL’s or not so far appears to be found in 726-42-02

xx01 01xx xx— for low beams with DRL
xx02 02xx xx— for low beams only

Here are the direct compares of that section area for a Big Bend and a Badlands for your reference

Also as far as I’m aware be very careful with changing via drop down changes. They are known to change incorrect things or correct things and other things that used to be right but no longer are and have caused me many headaches with the 2021 F-150’s and Broncos. There are some general ones that are safe but Ford moved values around quite a bit in this next-gen platform it’s using for 2021+

Ford Bronco DRL settings in Forscan A2E3AEE7-30B1-42BC-97FC-F44C8D9E31E8
Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Comparing as-builts between signature and non signature, the only difference for low beams being DRL’s or not so far appears to be found in 726-42-02

Here are the direct compares of that section area for a Big Bend and a Badlands for your reference

Also as far as I’m aware be very careful with changing via drop down changes. They are known to change incorrect things or correct things and other things that used to be right but no longer are and have caused me many headaches with the 2021 F-150’s and Broncos. There are some general ones that are safe but Ford moved values around quite a bit in this next-gen platform it’s using for 2021+

Any idea on how to have Amber DRL at night?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea on how to have Amber DRL at night?
In theory, turning DRL on with park lamps on. If you have signature lighting you’re likely going to get a brighter halo from this I believe as well.

Change the asterisks below to enable (01)

726-85-01 **xx xxxx xx—
00=Disable
01=Enable

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tried changing 726-42-02 yesterday per your idea, that did not work. Low beams still on.
I wonder if I changed it to 00, I am thinking that would get rid of the low beam drl.
Then I need to add the amber bars to on for DRL. The only way I know how to do that is go thru the text menus and change both "Left/Right Front Turn Lamp Usage" to "Turn and DRL". Any idea what the as built line and change digits would be to do this? I agree on not using the text menus for fear of wrong/other changes being made but don't know how else to do it?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried changing 726-42-02 yesterday per your idea, that did not work. Low beams still on.
I wonder if I changed it to 00, I am thinking that would get rid of the low beam drl.
Then I need to add the amber bars to on for DRL. The only way I know how to do that is go thru the text menus and change both "Left/Right Front Turn Lamp Usage" to "Turn and DRL". Any idea what the as built line and change digits would be to do this? I agree on not using the text menus for fear of wrong/other changes being made but don't know how else to do it?
Yes please verify the settings took. It would be odd for that not to work given that’s the only change between sig lights and standard and sig lights don’t use the low beams for DRL

For the turn and DRL it would be

726-43-01 **** xxxx xx—

01=turn drl
02=turn only

By default it was 0202 for both headlight types

Sponsored

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just to clarify and I can go try it quick.
726-43-01 change to 0101-xxxx-xx--, that should get the amber drl bars on.

then to remove low beam drls?
726-42-02 change to xx00-00xx xx

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just to clarify and I can go try it quick.
726-43-01 change to 0101-xxxx-xx--, that should get the amber drl bars on.

then to remove low beam drls?
726-42-02 change to xx00-00xx xx
Correct for the 726-43-01

726-42-02 should be xx02-02xx xx

For keeping it on at night it should be

726-85-01 01xx xxxx xx—

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct for the 726-43-01

726-42-02 should be xx02-02xx xx

For keeping it on at night it should be

726-85-01 01xx xxxx xx—
Just tried it, half way home again.
I changed 726-43-01 to 0101-xxxx-xx--, that worked to get the amber bar drl on but still have low beams as well

726-42-02, xx**-**xx-xx--, changed from default of 01 to 02, no change, low beams still on drl
also tried 00, no change low beams still on. set it back to default of 01 for now.

So, now amber bars and low beams all on for drl. I also tried turning off DRL in the sync menu, but then I get no drl lights at all (both ambers bars and low beans don't turn on.

The final piece to this is getting the low beams to turn off on drl, any other thoughts?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just tried it, half way home again.
I changed 726-43-01 to 0101-xxxx-xx--, that worked to get the amber bar drl on but still have low beams as well

726-42-02, xx**-**xx-xx--, changed from default of 01 to 02, no change, low beams still on drl
also tried 00, no change low beams still on. set it back to default of 01 for now.

So, now amber bars and low beams all on for drl. I also tried turning off DRL in the sync menu, but then I get no drl lights at all (both ambers bars and low beans don't turn on.

The final piece to this is getting the low beams to turn off on drl, any other thoughts?
No not at this time. 02-02 is the settings from several signature headlight models. I’ll have to do some more comparing and referencing for any possible related changes

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interested in any insight to this. I would love to have the amber bar for DRL and still work for turn signal, obviously. I haven't invested anytime yet into learning how FORScan works, yet.
same

Viper32

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco and Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
No not at this time. 02-02 is the settings from several signature headlight models. I’ll have to do some more comparing and referencing for any possible related changes
I am trying for the same thing but also have not been able to get the headlights to cut off for DRL.

Johnnunez29

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe someone in this chat can help me. Wife got into a minor fender bender and smashed the passenger headlight. I ordered a used one off ebay and the DRL dont work neither does the center amber light the outside amber light works (these are base headlights). The lights do work at night on auto but the center amber wont turn on. So i wrote to the seller and he sent me another headlamp, The same exact issue. So no DRL or center amber light. If i hit the hazards the center amber does wirk. this forscan you guys speak of is this a ford tool? or a regular obd type scanner? TIA

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just installed sig headlights and one side works fine, but for the driver side needed a module so I bought that from a Ford parts dealer. The crossbar is not lit, but turn signals work. I'm wondering if a new module needs to be calibrated.

Last edited:

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is 42 and 43 the left and right? In the spreadsheet, everything DRL related is listed in 726-42-01 for the left and right. There is no 726-43-01 in the spreadsheet.
Sponsored