First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
EV? Nope. Not a chance. I need to be able to drive 400 miles, off road for a week, and drive home. Is there a hot swapable battery that I can solar charge in camp while I’m out and about? How much are the batteries to replace? How many miles do they last? Etc. etc. etc.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Electric Vehicles are a scam and are terrible for the environment. The batteries cant be recycled efficiently and there are not enough rare earth elements to produce them in scale. Batteries suffer capacity and charging issues in cold and heat making them worthless in places with actual seasons. They are a fire risk that should never be parked in your attached home garage. Among many many many other under reported issues.

I will do everything in my ability to never own an electric vehicle and I will mock and make fun of anyone who is foolish enough to own one.
Thanks, Grandpa Simpson. Now, be a good senior and go check on your Buggy Whip stock.

Ford Bronco e-Bronco - Thoughts? 199ACB8C-2C9C-4083-A29C-477F32AC6ACF

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd rather walk, no thanks.
Why?

Also, I really like your avatar photo. My pittie has the same Carhartt chore coat. Both are the best of their respective categories

SilverSurfer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 4dr MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had an EV for the last 8 years, and just from the perspective of whether charging is more inconvenient or getting gas is more inconvenient. Waking up every morning with a full charge is priceless. I've never had issues with heat causing low range, but the cold causing low range can definitely be a factor on road trips where it is below freezing. If you have a daily commute in cold weather that is 200 miles+ or if this car will be for road trips in freezing weather, then an EV is probably not a great option. As far as whether I would want my Bronco to be an EV, if I only used it as a daily driver, then absolutely yes. Would I want to go off roading in it? Not sure, there are some definite positives, just from being able to use the battery for other purposes while camping and stuff, but the thought of being stuck with a dead battery is a lot more nerve racking than being stuck with no gas.

Most importantly, an EV Bronco gives me a case to make to my wife about why we need 2 Broncos. :)

Bronc5280

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shevrolegs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Calm down. I am sorry that different opinions upset you but you need to be more tolerant of other peoples views that are not the same as yours ;). The blatant and obvious fact is that EV is being pushed heavily by special interest groups that have something to gain by developing a new market share. Quite frequently an honest discussion about the practicality and realistic application of EV is being marginalized by your type of rhetoric.

EV's are a bad idea except in very specific coastal urban applications. Most Americans have absolutely zero use for an overpriced EV that has a finite and expensive shelf life. EV's are a fun idea and cool tech but the facts are not in support.

https://coloradosun.com/2022/07/26/electric-vehicles-climate-change-cities-charging-opinion/

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/electric-vehicles-trading-one-form-hazardous-mining-another

Last edited:

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This was here a few months ago when I came in on a Saturday. Wife saw one on way back from Bloomington two weeks ago and loved the olive green color.

Ford Bronco e-Bronco - Thoughts? nailedit-theoffice

🤮

Sponsored

Bronc5280

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shevrolegs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, Grandpa Simpson. Now, be a good senior and go check on your Buggy Whip stock.

The funny part is im under 30 and a better representation of the demos true beliefs than the rhetoric here.... EV is a fools gambit. Enjoy your mistake.

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd definitely buy a Bronco EV.