Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Best comments i've read about the Hummer reveal (from other sites):

• Not bad on the outside, but the inside…yup, it’s GM.

• That interior, with all it's hard plastics and strange angles is going to age like a fine milk

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does tax credit work like that? I thought you minus the tax credit from your income on tax return - reduction in income reduces the amount of tax on tax table.
I have done the tax credit twice for leasing. My leasing company took the $7500, got the credit from the government directly and gave me a lower payment. Win/Win. That way you don't even have to wait or figure out the taxes for your personal situation. And if you have no prepayment penalty with a pseudo "buy" loan, you can just close the loan whenever you want.

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have done the tax credit twice for leasing. My leasing company took the $7500, got the credit from the government directly and gave me a lower payment. Win/Win. That way you don't even have to wait or figure out the taxes for your personal situation. And if you have no prepayment penalty with a "buy" loan, you can just close the loan whenever you want.
Whenever I think of the poor folks who are only able to afford a $107,500 vehicle but the blood-sucking manufacturer is demanding $115,000 i'm thankful that the taxpayer is there to prop them up financially, emotionally and physically with their new HUMMER purchase with that stop-gap $7,500 to get them in the vehicle they NEED to schlepp themselves to work or the country club.

That's taxpayer dollars well spent! Stimulating the shit out of the economy, one luxury and non-essential purchase at a time!

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whenever I think of the poor folks who are only able to afford a $107,500 vehicle but the blood-sucking manufacturer is demanding $115,000 i'm thankful that the taxpayer is there to prop them up financially, emotionally and physically with their new HUMMER purchase with that stop-gap $7,500 to get them in the vehicle they NEED to schlepp themselves to work or the country club.

That's taxpayer dollars well spent! Stimulating the shit out of the economy, one luxury and non-essential purchase at a time!
I am not sure that car is eligible, because GM has used up most of its credits.
I got 2 Volt leases in the early/mid 2010s. I saved so much in fuel, it more than offset a higher payment.
For the Bronco. a $50K version with a 50-60 mile range battery and the tax credit would be perfect.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not sure that car is eligible, because GM has used up most of its credits.
I got 2 Volt leases in the early/mid 2010s. I saved so much in fuel, it more than offset a higher payment.
For the Bronco. a $50K version with a 50-60 mile range battery and the tax credit would be perfect.
It is interesting to realize that the tax credit (before it's long and slow phase-out) at it's introductory rate represents $1.8 BILLION taxpayer dollars per manufacturer dolled out for essentially zero benefit. Then another quarter billion dollars per manufacturer during it's phase-out.

One would think that with nearly $10 billion dolled out at this point it would have been drastically cheaper for the taxpayer to simply pay for the national charging infrastructure to cause their energy grids to fail. The East Coast could be burning more coal than ever to power everybody's "zero emission" car and then simply dump the batteries in the ocean, or on some African shoreline until recycling is developed for them in a few decades.

How could somebody not be hugely in favor of EV's? Assuming you only look at the consumer use of the product and nothing before/after.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if GM is offering X-plan type discounts on this hummer lol

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is interesting to realize that the tax credit (before it's long and slow phase-out) at it's introductory rate represents $1.8 BILLION taxpayer dollars per manufacturer dolled out for essentially zero benefit. Then another quarter billion dollars per manufacturer during it's phase-out.

One would think that with nearly $10 billion dolled out at this point it would have been drastically cheaper for the taxpayer to simply pay for the national charging infrastructure to cause their energy grids to fail. The East Coast could be burning more coal than ever to power everybody's "zero emission" car and then simply dump the batteries in the ocean, or on some African shoreline until recycling is developed for them in a few decades.

How could somebody not be hugely in favor of EV's? Assuming you only look at the consumer use of the product and nothing before/after.
1. If you factor in the damage to the environment from internal combustion cars, including the fact that massively large heavy dangerous tankers have to drive over taxpayer funded roads (that they damage) to 168K gas stations in the US, it is a higher cost per car.
2. Coal is declining. But even if weren't, it is highly regulated and does not spew emissions directly into the sidewalk air that we breathe. Also, electricity is a single output that can have many input sources. Coal today can be switched to Solar/Wind tomorrow, easily.
3. Power Plants have to stay open 24/7 even though demand drops by 90% during the overnight hours. Plug in offer the perfect load balancing solution if people charge overnight... which is easy to do by cutting the price in half and encouraging people to charge overnight.

Sponsored

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No No NO NO...Too big. Too Expensive. Too long a wait. Too much like an Avalance to call a Hummer. Oooooh wait 0-60 in 3.:unsure:

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have done the tax credit twice for leasing. My leasing company took the $7500, got the credit from the government directly and gave me a lower payment. Win/Win. That way you don't even have to wait or figure out the taxes for your personal situation. And if you have no prepayment penalty with a pseudo "buy" loan, you can just close the loan whenever you want.
OK. Thanks for the information.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Personally I like the package as a whole minus the price. The interior and tech are crazy. With that said I'm disappointed in the overall exterior design. Why would GM pivot away from the looks of the original Hummer and it's military look and feel. Not sure how we went from badass military to the moon (the Lunar theme).
Because "FUUUUUTURE"

I saw their top down "demo" (CGI) in the reveal video, and it sure looked like they could've just turned the wheel right and back left and gotten around that obstacle lol.

No, I haven't used either but my reasoning is that trail turn is locking the opposite rear wheel correct? Wouldn't you have to be a speed somewhat, if not you'll still be dragging a wheel to help shorten your turn. Seems like with crab walk if you were at a stop and got in trouble (or stopped because you already were) you'd then activate it to move you out and away but with trail turn you're kinda stuck at that point and are either backing out or winching up.

If you're not impressed then you don't have to be, and what if either are actually useful? haven't a clue and you can counter if you want to explain more, completely my opinion.
I would assume trail turn can be used from a stop too, no? (I don't know I'm legitimately asking).

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wheel torque. It’s an electric thing, Tesla uses it too. I think it’s closer to about 1,000TQ
Tesla is advertising the Cybertruck will have 824 ft lb. That’s believable. 11,500 is a flat out lie.
Sponsored