First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You absolutely came off that way - Nice attempt at feigned innocence. May I suggest that while chips are important, most of us have factored that into our expectations. As you say Ford is relatively well positioned chip wise - these other factors and Fords response are what chaps. Add less than crisp and accurate communications and you have the resulting prevailing attitude.

No one suggested you know nothing - nice deflection though - but I do suggest you know less about the overall Bronco situation than you think you do.
Man you're a salty one. The reasons I only just joined this forum is for the past 3 years I ditched all form of social media because of people like you who act all high and mighty and love to subtly insult people to make yourself feel better. I genuinely didn't mean to sound like a dick but clearly you do. I was genuinely surprised OP hadn't been aware of the chip shortage. If you cannot accept an apology and move on with your life you must have nothing better to do that scroll through forums and pick fights. I've been following bronco production and this forum just as closely as anyone else here.

I didn't say chips where the only issue. I even accepted that you were correct but you seemed to imply that chips weren't a problem at all and that's just not true.

Why am I even talking at this point. Have a good night dude. I don't need this conversation in my life. I got better stuff to do. Hope you get your bronco soon man. Maybe we'll wake up tomorrow and everything will be ok. Till then. Embrace the suck ;)
Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man you're a salty one. The reasons I only just joined this forum is for the past 3 years I ditched all form of social media because of people like you who act all high and mighty and love to subtly insult people to make yourself feel better. I genuinely didn't mean to sound like a dick but clearly you do. I was genuinely surprised OP hadn't been aware of the chip shortage. If you cannot accept an apology and move on with your life you must have nothing better to do that scroll through forums and pick fights. I've been following bronco production and this forum just as closely as anyone else here.

I didn't say chips where the only issue. I even accepted that you were correct but you seemed to imply that chips weren't a problem at all and that's just not true.

Why am I even talking at this point. Have a good night dude. I don't need this conversation in my life. I got better stuff to do. Hope you get your bronco soon man. Maybe we'll wake up tomorrow and everything will be ok. Till then. Embrace the suck ;)
Don’t show up and attack … for someone who claims not to be fixated on chips you sure can’t stop talking about them. Let’s be honest you pretty much abused that other guy … oh and don’t assume you are the smartest guy in the room and you’ll do fine.

Last edited:

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You too, try and embrace the suck. That's what my old Staff Sergeant used to tell me when I was on Active duty. Best advice anyone's ever given lol
I did half a day of BUDS training as a team building exercise when I played rugby and that was the first thing they taught us. Never forgot it.

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did half a day of BUDS training as a team building exercise when I played rugby and that was the first thing they taught us. Never forgot it.
Oof BUDS training. I do not envy you friend haha. That is definitely something that requires you to embrace the suck. I bet you were pretty soar after that. They have you do the telephone carry or?

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oof BUDS training. I do not envy you friend haha. That is definitely something that requires you to embrace the suck. I bet you were pretty soar after that. They have you do the telephone carry or?
you're damn right they did. That was only after we looked hot and had to "cool off"

Great experience though. I don't know how those guys do it for real

Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you're damn right they did. That was only after we looked hot and had to "cool off"

Great experience though. I don't know how those guys do it for real
Met a CRO once (Combat Rescue Officer) basically the Air Forces version of the SEALs. They're just born different man. You talk to those guys in Spec ops fields and training is part of it but they're just wired different no doubt about it in my mind.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have called Ford's Customer service number a couple times in the past month just HOPING / Wishful thinking I might get schedule date. I reserved a OBX / 4dr / MIC / 2.3 / Towing pkg. Mid package in Dec 2020. The past 2 times I have spoken to the customer service rep she indicated we will receive an email by the end of FEB 2022 with an expected time-line. Now.... we have all heard this before, so I am NOT HOLDING MY BREATH!!!! But has anyone else been told this? Does anyone have any insight?
Not sure why your panties are in a bunch….I reserved four months before you and have crickets and low expectations that get crushed every scheduling Thursday. I’ve got two weeks of reservation holders ahead of me and there are still a lot with nothing.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You realize there's a global chip shortage yes?
You realize a lot of the issue has zero to do with Chips? The biggest hold up is the MIC top. No chip for it. The modular bumper another hold up, no chip for it. SAS is another hold up, no chip for it.

Many here, my self included are upset because we Reserved a Bronco in July 2020, the 15th for me. We were told by @Ford that reservations would be take priority. Then a few months later we were told buildable reservations would be built ahead of non buildable reservations. Then it went to buildable dealer stock would be ahead of reservations.

Then we got pushed to 2020, and Ford changed how reservations came into play. Now allocations play a much bigger roll, and reservation means close to nothing. We are seeing people get new Broncos from high volume dealers that never had a reservation and ordered in October. Here I am 18 months later and no build date.

Not buying the chip is the issue. The issue is @Ford dose not give a crap about Reservation holders, Ford only cares about High volume dealers.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I apologize if I came off that way. Wasn't my intent. Does the time I joined mean I'm unaware of the world around me? And those are some of the issues yes. But it's a wide know fact that chip shortage is affecting the market in a big way too my friend.

"Some analysts predict a production shortfall of almost 8 million vehicles by the end of the year as the chip shortage drags on.

An ever-tighter supply of new cars means consumers can expect not to find deals—or even cars, in some cases"
https://www.consumerreports.org/buying-a-car/global-chip-shortage-makes-it-tough-to-buy-certain-cars-a8160576456/#:~:text=Some analysts predict a production,even cars, in some cases.&text=For consumers hungry for new cars, that means fewer are available.
Well, Jeep seems to be able to deliver on orders in a timely fashion despite chip shortages. So I think Ford is extra screwed up in this case.

Sponsored
OP
OP
maxey143

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure why your panties are in a bunch….I reserved four months before you and have crickets and low expectations that get crushed every scheduling Thursday. I’ve got two weeks of reservation holders ahead of me and there are still a lot with nothing.
My Panties are in a bunch, for the same reason your "whitey tidies" are in a bunch! I am tried of listening to CRICKETS! I would like to get my Bronco that I ordered over a year ago! I don't think anyone expected to wait this long and all the hoopla, sugar coating, excuses, etc... (as justified as some think Ford is... or anyone else think they are) We all would like our vehicles! Days have grown into weeks, Weeks into months, and now Months into YEARS....

OP
OP
maxey143

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sorry... But I agree with him, you did come off a little rude, aggressive and condescending. We are all here to chat and share, but no need to "Try" to degrade others post!

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, Jeep seems to be able to deliver on orders in a timely fashion despite chip shortages. So I think Ford is extra screwed up in this case.
Ford also has other issues going on too. I'm glad for jeep owners that they're able to get their vehicles. Personally I'm in no rush. Shrug

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just began social security this month, so “ death” is what I fear will arrive before Ford builds my ordered Bronco.
Sadly some here have died before they ever got their Bronco. I ordered when I was 64. Now coming up on 66. Almost 2 years less time to enjoy my ride. I understand all sides on this issue but some of us do not have 10, 20, 30 years to enjoy our Bronco. Ford....get with it! A clear estimate even down to the year and quarter for a build would sure be nice.

OP
OP
maxey143

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sadly some here have died before they ever got their Bronco. I ordered when I was 64. Now coming up on 66. Almost 2 years less time to enjoy my ride. I understand all sides on this issue but some of us do not have 10, 20, 30 years to enjoy our Bronco. Ford....get with it! A clear estimate even down to the year and quarter for a build would sure be nice.
That is all I would like is a CLEAR Estimate. If it is going to be another 2 years then I will take my lost and trade in my 03 model vehicle for something NOW! Some of us understand the struggles!
Sponsored