First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sorry but your anger is kinda laughable. It's silly you think this is just a Ford issue. The chip shortage is responsible for about 90% of shortages in literally any market that uses a micro chip. So everything. It's the reason the used car market is exploding. I hate to be the one to tell you this but production isnt going to be "fixed" untill 2023 at the earliest. Chip manufacturers started expansion in early 2021 but it's not just building a new building to make the product in short supply. The environmental conditions required in a building to build chips are very very strict. We're talking damn near hyperbolic chamber strict so even once the buildings are done it's gonna take 8-10 months of just cleaning and air filtering and ect to get the acceptable levels of parts per million in the air to produce said chips. "It's going to be a while" is an understatement.
Glad I could humor you! Again, FORD needs to stop allowing orders for products they can not fulfill! And... I am pretty sure there is a lot more than one chip maker that is already in business that could help production! Don't have to "BUILD" a new chip manufactory company, but could contract it out to other makers....
Sponsored

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad I could humor you! Again, FORD needs to stop allowing orders for products they can not fulfill! And... I am pretty sure there is a lot more than one chip maker that is already in business that could help production! Don't have to "BUILD" a new chip manufactory company, but could contract it out to other makers....
Wow, uh yes there are other chip manufacturers. They're all building expansions because there's a shortage. I think you should do some research. As for Ford continuing to take orders it's actually in your best interest that they do. See Ford is one of if not the biggest car manufacturer in the world. The more orders they take the more weight they can throw at the market and say "we need chips more than x or y and we can pay more because we're Ford." I've seen Ford make deals that suppliers say they'll never agree to. Next day, Ford got their way. Ford is already getting a hell of a lot more chips than any other manufacturer currently. You should do some research on the chip shortage. I donno how you got through 2020 and 2021 without being aware of it's huge impact.

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since I'm out of state, part of me wants to go to a local Ford and ask "can YOU tell me my priority code?"

I don't want to keep bothering my local dealer; last time i asked he said I'm unscheduled clean -- i fear I'm somehow 99d (since a few crazies are holding out for 2023 mod tops)
What does the term "99ed" mean? I get it's an order code, but, what's it signify?

Thanks.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What does the term "99ed" mean? I get it's an order code, but, what's it signify?

Thanks.
"Do not schedule", if you intentionally want to wait for a feature not currently available (such as modular tops). I believe it's used for fleet purchases too -- kind of a "get these in the system but we only want 20 trucks immediately -- the other 30 can wait until Q3"

Sponsored

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Do not schedule", if you intentionally want to wait for a feature not currently available (such as modular tops). I believe it's used for fleet purchases too -- kind of a "get these in the system but we only want 20 trucks immediately -- the other 30 can wait until Q3"
Thank you. My PDF from the dealer has an Order Code of 9999. That was before I received my order placed email from Ford Corporate.

We're driving up to the dealer tomorrow to check out their mannequins. Should I ask what my order code is while I'm up there?

OP
OP
maxey143

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, uh yes there are other chip manufacturers. They're all building expansions because there's a shortage. I think you should do some research. As for Ford continuing to take orders it's actually in your best interest that they do. See Ford is one of if not the biggest car manufacturer in the world. The more orders they take the more weight they can throw at the market and say "we need chips more than x or y and we can pay more because we're Ford." I've seen Ford make deals that suppliers say they'll never agree to. Next day, Ford got their way. Ford is already getting a hell of a lot more chips than any other manufacturer currently. You should do some research on the chip shortage. I donno how you got through 2020 and 2021 without being aware of it's huge impact.
We will just have to agree to disagree! I hope you have a beautiful day!

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We will just have to agree to disagree! I hope you have a beautiful day!
You too, try and embrace the suck. That's what my old Staff Sergeant used to tell me when I was on Active duty. Best advice anyone's ever given lol

Reactions: JDS

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think they'll give any considerations when interest rates start to creep up? That $1000 in accessories will hardly be enough to those who finance.

Sponsored

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think they'll give any considerations when interest rates start to creep up? That $1000 in accessories will hardly be enough to those who finance.
Let's hope they do something. Especially if they push us to a 2023 model...

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How did you get this far in life not realizing you tend to come off as a condescending a-hole?

You joined less than a month ago? Maybe do some research of your own on the following topics before you show up and bloviate in a shocking display of poor social skills: Wabasto MIC tops, dealer allocation, regional allocation, Ford list of constrained parts to avoid (no mention of chips), reservation system vs what is going on in reality, air bag recall, dirt mountain …

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they have this much demand why don't they start building them in another Plant?
Interestingly, the Bronco only exists because of the plant, not the other way around.

Ford and the UAW made a deal to revive the Bronco and Ranger in order to keep that truck assembly plant open. Otherwise it was going to close and the jobs were going to disappear. Ford needed to invent a hot new product just to keep the plant alive.

Not sure if you were serious, but adding a second Bronco plant would be a multibillion dollar, multiyear venture that would likely involve major commitments from labor, politicians, contractors, and of course Ford itself. This is heavy, heavy industry. They aren't going to do that for a temporary spike in demand.

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did you get this far in life not realizing you tend to come off as a condescending a-hole?

You joined less than a month ago? Maybe do some research of your own on the following topics before you show up and bloviate in a shocking display of poor social skills: Wabasto MIC tops, dealer allocation, regional allocation, Ford list of constrained parts to avoid (no mention of chips), reservation system vs what is going on in reality, air bag recall, dirt mountain …
I apologize if I came off that way. Wasn't my intent. Does the time I joined mean I'm unaware of the world around me? And those are some of the issues yes. But it's a wide know fact that chip shortage is affecting the market in a big way too my friend.

"Some analysts predict a production shortfall of almost 8 million vehicles by the end of the year as the chip shortage drags on.

An ever-tighter supply of new cars means consumers can expect not to find deals—or even cars, in some cases"
https://www.consumerreports.org/buy... for new cars, that means fewer are available.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I apologize if I came off that wY. Wasn't my intent. Does the time I joined mean I'm unaware of the world around me? And those are some of the issues yes. But it's a wide know fact that chip shortage is affecting the market in a big way too my friend.

"Some analysts predict a production shortfall of almost 8 million vehicles by the end of the year as the chip shortage drags on.

An ever-tighter supply of new cars means consumers can expect not to find deals—or even cars, in some cases"
https://www.consumerreports.org/buy... for new cars, that means fewer are available.
You absolutely came off that way - Nice attempt at feigned innocence. May I suggest that while chips are important, most of us have factored that into our expectations. As you say Ford is relatively well positioned chip wise - these other factors and Fords response are what chaps. Add less than crisp and accurate communications and you have the resulting prevailing attitude.

No one suggested you know nothing - nice deflection though - but I do suggest you know less about the overall Bronco situation than you think you do.
Sponsored

Last edited: